TerraEarth Forums

Irony of the day

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Debate Island
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fazermint
Shameless Pirate

Level 10: Dark Bat

Gems 712

PostFazermint Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:45 pm   Post subject: Irony of the day Reply with quote

While traveling to school yesterday, I noticed some major irony. So there's this muslim woman. She's wearing a veil, but also wears make-up and lip stick. I found it extremely ironic.

Don't worry, this is no religious debate. The point is that the veils that muslim women wear are meant to hide their beauty as to stop men from desiring them. Make-up and lip stick, on the other hand, are meant to capitalize a woman's beauty. So basically, she's hiding it, but trying to show it anyway. Ironic? Anyone?

There's so much fuzz in the media about whether or not muslim women dislike wearing veils. By the looks of it, it's become just a silly old tradition, and the meaning behind it has disappeared. Those women could just as well not be wearing a veil.
EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah it is strange. my mum has told me that shes seen muslim women wearing designer shoes under their traditional garb. seems a bit contradictory

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

If she was wearing a veil, how did you know she had that shit on?

psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:10 am   Post subject: Re: Irony of the day Reply with quote

Fazermint wrote:

There's so much fuzz in the media about whether or not muslim women dislike wearing veils. By the looks of it, it's become just a silly old tradition, and the meaning behind it has disappeared. Those women could just as well not be wearing a veil.

what if she was bold? Very Happy
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hypocrisy is a grand old tradition of being human. I am a raving mound of hypocrisy. I claim to be a conservative, old-fashioned Mormon who takes his religion very seriously.

I also drink (occasionally) , do very non-chaste stuff with my girlfriend, curse like a sailor, etc.

But, my friends, this is actually NOT the definition of hypocrisy.

Hypocrisy is when you condemn another person for flaws that you possess as you rationalize your own flaws. So this Muslim woman is not a hypocrite unless she criticizes other Muslim women for being immodest while dressing as she does (this is, again, from my incredibly limited knowledge of Islam).

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Fazermint
Shameless Pirate

Gems 712

PostFazermint Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

@EverPhoenix, bitches be crazy. I mean sure they can wear what the hell they want, but they are communicating two contradicting signals (HI IM SEXEH, BUT OH THE LORD WILL SMITE THEE IF YOU LOOK AT ME)

@Freedan, I guess I used the wrong word. It's not a word I use often so I had to google it XD Anyway, I mean the non-face covering headwear thingies.

@Jason, we're all hypocrites. I rant at people being lame on forums, but as I'm ranting, I'm acting like a dickwad. I disrespect people that disrespects people... vicious circle! I didn't really call her a hypocrite, but well...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Debate Island All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: