TerraEarth Forums

Illusion of Gaia - Good Translation?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Illusion of Gaia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Limne
Level 2: Whisp

Gems 119

PostLimne Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm impressed. I've been looking for this sort of thing for a while now. It really should be on the main site because it's very interesting stuff, especially if you've ever gotten into "what the hell just happened" arguments after playing this game.
Misato
Level 1: Huball

Level 1: Huball

Gems 16

PostMisato Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree--that was great to read. I remember playing IOG when I was younger and thinking it was a great story--but wow...if they had the correct translations. I mean it's still powerful the way it is, but it's great to read the Japanese version.
Yet One More Idiot
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Further to Limne's post, is there any chance that some of the cool info and/or pics from this forum might make their way onto the site at some point?

I remember hearing mention that a new, updated version of the site was meant to be rolling out, but that was at least several months ago if not in fact last year. Just curious if this will still be happening? Smile
club

Gems 42

Postclub Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow very interesting stuff by Shiva.

It's a shame some things have to be altered to meet age and cultural requirements. I would agree the story took a bit of a hit because of the translations.

For example, the guy in Freejia saying "I do this to forget" was a really awkward and confusing line without the proper context. Do what? Sit there outside on the ground?

Always wondered about the "man named Erik" too.

I know Nintendo of America at the time had its policies of no sex/drugs/death/blood, but it's a shame when a great story gets mangled in censorship and translation. I guess the overall plot stayed intact, but still, thanks to Shiva for posting all this. It makes me enjoy this game even more now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Illusion of Gaia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: