TerraEarth Forums

TerraEarth: Beyond- For Real This Time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Fan Made Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:00 pm   Post subject: TerraEarth: Beyond- For Real This Time Reply with quote

Okay, I'm officially back in production of TerraEarth: Beyond and I'm making a few things clear from the get-go.

1. This game is going to be mostly linear.
===

I tried for a semi-free roaming experience in TerraEarth: Absolute and those of you who played it will agree that as a result it had bugs coming out of every orifice, like that guy in The Mummy Returns... but anyways.

There will be some side-quests and such, but I'm trying to have a more focused gameplay experience for you guys. Those who sacrifice game flow for a sandbox deserve neither.

2. The multiple OST things is out.
===

Really guys, it was fun, but considering your choice only came into effect like half the time it's really not worth it. Plus it's a pain the ass to code every scene with four different OSTs.

However, you will still be able to choose your Save Point Style and Enemy Encounter mode, although I'm scrapping the Auto-Level option and going with a more refined On-Map enemy encounter system.

3. Your Menu Was Weak... We Have Made It Strong
===

Along with bringing back the item categories from TE:A, we'll also have a more advanced Journal system.... probably a bestiary and you will be able to change your difficulty settings on the fly whenever you want.

4. Bigger Parties
===

While your combat party still consists of four, each of the four original teams will now recruit four reserve characters which you can switch in and out like in most RPGs.

The total combat cast for TE:B consists of 32 characters and they are listed below:

GOOD
====
Raini, Freedan, Coz, SBF, KaleFlame, Fixy, Sora-Mage and eFlare

LAWFUL NEUTRAL
====
Blade, Deathpit, Aoiga, Tay, Miss Prime Blue, Fazermint, TerraHero and Nurdof

CHAOTIC NEUTRAL
====
Jason Tandro, Valerie Valens, Axe Kazama, Chicken, Jokstica, Yeti, Metall Ark and Gloomy Gurl

EVIL
====
psychokind, EverPhoenix, Muerte, Hammerit, Flamez, Arashi, TheFenceMaster and Dark Gaia.

5. This will be a collab effort, as always.

I hope my main man Freedan is watching because I will calling upon him soon for some help with map design and scenario work (his two forte's)

But I can't tackle a project like this on my own! Music, character art, sprite work and face sprites (I'm gonna try and get new Sprites and Face Sprits for this game if I can), dungeon design, etc. etc.

Yours truly needs all the help I can get.

Mostly, STORY. I need character backstories for you new additions to the battle cast and I'm gonna count on my story-producing powerhouses (Raini, SBF I'm looking at you two) to provide the Culture of the game.

The Demo will be released some time in June, maybe earlier if I get done but I'm saying June right now because if I say April it won't be ready until June. Of course if you've read my General Discussion topic you'll know a Pre-Beta will be released on my birthday.

So here it is. Comments, offers for help, what have you?

Rest in peace, old avatar.
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

awesummmmmm! I don't know how to contribute, I can search for sprites or stuff maybe... I'll write my background and give myself a background song if possible Very Happy
Hail to the King baby!

Level 16: Cursed Armor

Resident

Gems 7,228

PostFlamez Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I can help with Map / Dungeon / codeing.

Haven't used the current version of RPG maker though but should be able to pick it up easily enough. Ill upload an old game I made years ago to show you what I'm capable of.

Joined TE on May 30, 2002, 2:26am!
Yeah, beat that.

I'm hot stuff.

http://terraearth.proboards.com - Original TE forums.
http://www.facebook.com/lochy - I gots facebook! yay for social networking?
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

@Psychokind: Expanding on your backstory, skills and character are more than enough. Anything you do is one less thing I have to, plus who knows YOU better than YOU! Very Happy

@Flamez: I'll be using Dropbox to transfer the file to and from my team of Programmers. Again, I'm hoping to enlist Freedan for locale maps and scenario design, but I need a good dungeon designer. My dungeons in TE:A were terrible. So I welcome the help! Very Happy

For starters I recommend downloading Dropbox. You get 2 GB free and it's Cloud-based. I can share my work with pretty much anybody using that, and this game file is certainly not going to exceed 2 GB. I doubt it'll make it to more than 500 MB (and most of that is just soundtrack).

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, the TE Historian is being called upon Very Happy I am honoured to be part of this if I can.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Flamez
Hail to the King baby!

Resident

Gems 7,228

PostFlamez Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

already have drop box. Email is lochy20@hotmail.com add me.

Yeah, beat that.

I'm hot stuff.

EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I can help with adding more backstory, sprites etc for my character... Just tell me the style you want them and I'll see what I can do.

Also, I'm pretty good at coding and stuff, so I might be able to help a bit with that.
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:40 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try to do what I can. Let me know what exactly you'll need and I'll do my best to provide. Very Happy
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

@inferiare / SBF: you guys are gonna be my "culture" team. This game takes place in TerraEarth and several other worlds (not other versions of TE, but other planets). Ill use your existing folklore but basically id like you both to use your keen storytelling skill to come up with the societies of the worlds. Also ill rely on you to flesh out the main story as more parts become available.

@Flamez: ill do it the second I get home bro! Sweet!

@EP: Adding your character detail would be cool. Also we don't exactly "code". RPG maker does a lot for us, but its essentially OOP. You ever use RPG Maker VX before? If so I'm certain ill find a use for your talent. Many hands make light work.

Thanks for all the support guys!

Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be happy to help any way I can. Maps, towns, dialogue, etc. Cool Guy

Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Freedan wrote:
I'll be happy to help any way I can. Maps, towns, dialogue, etc. Cool Guy

My boy!!! Glad to see you're interested. I want you to be my locale map designer as well as conferring with Raini and SBF for the NPC dialgoue for towns. And ill ask your aide in sprite choreography in some places.

EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used RPG2k, 2k3 and XP. Does VX use Ruby? I've never coded in that but I imagine it can't be too hard.
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:
I've used RPG2k, 2k3 and XP. Does VX use Ruby? I've never coded in that but I imagine it can't be too hard.

Yes VX is Ruby based, but that's only super important in the Scripting everything else is just drag and drop essentially

Flamez
Hail to the King baby!

Resident

Gems 7,228

PostFlamez Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Uploaded a copy of my game into dropbox. Its RM2K dont know if it works on newer versions.

Should give you a decent idea of what Im capabale of. From memory its 40-60 minutes long and I apologise for the crappy text based start. It progressivly gets better and more advanced.

Yeah, beat that.

I'm hot stuff.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Fan Made Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: