TerraEarth Forums

Unnecessarily Overpowered Characters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:15 am   Post subject: Unnecessarily Overpowered Characters Reply with quote

Just a thread to stimulate some discussion... what are some stupidly overpowered characters you've played in RPGs (or other character-centered games)?

For me, I've had a few... (this is pretty much a show-off thread, but hopefully we can get some reasonable discussion out of it too)

Final Fantasy 8:

Squall: At the moment, Squall in my game is lvl100, 9999hp, 255 Str, 255 Vit, 240ish Spr, 100+ Spd and around 40% Eva. I wanted him to get to 255 in Str, Spr and Vit - and since he's lvl100 I now have to either eat Malboros or buy about 1000 of the Spr+40% GF item to refine into Spr Up items. Frankly, eating Malboros is more fun.

Final Fantasy 6:

Terra + Locke + Edgar. General Ownage. I didn't have the patience to get Terra to learn all the spells, but she was very close (you get the last Esper in the final dungeon). She also had 100+ evade and block, enough MAG to hit for 9999 with Ultima, which cost me 1 mp to cast (thank you broken accessories). Locke had some badass weaponry, and every hit was basically an omnislash (genji glove + offering = 8 hits per attack). Edgar was just a Dragoon Imp. 255 in all defenses, close to 255 attack, with a Jump attack that bounced 3-4 times. Kefka died in one round.

Terranigma:

Not as extreme as the others, but I got Ark to lvl50, and one-hit Dark Gaia with a critical hit. It's possible around the mid 40s, as I also found out.

Since I don't actually play that many RPGs, that's all I've got for now. I could mention the stupid combos in my Magic and Pokemon decks, but since I've got almost 20 Magic decks (not including my 4 EDH) which each involve some form of "what the f**k just happened"... we could be here for a while.
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I give you 100 IPD amplified Replekia, complete with a Synchronity Chain with the strongest Song Magic available outside of amping it up like a boss with Replekia.

The max Harmonics Burst on that sucker is 1,701,549% for some 3 million damage. I don't think my damage ever got that high, but I did one-shot the second form of the last boss with Replekia + Phantasmagoria. Battle started, magic went into a Synch, and then BAM, battle over in less than 30 seconds. There's nothing quite that ridiculous in the first game, and in the third you get flipspheres after you strip your reyvateil down to their skivvies to get a ton of power from the planet. Not all rain cakes down on their enemies though. Razz

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: