TerraEarth Forums

Gaia Force: Quintet crossover game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Fan Made Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joakkar
Level 1: Huball

Gems 43

Postjoakkar Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:46 am   Post subject: Gaia Force: Quintet crossover game Reply with quote

Well I've been following this forum for a couple of years already but I just made an account today (indecisive much?) to leave a definite record of the project Ive been developing for a while. This is my own personal rendition to quintet since it's become my favorite game-developing company due to the impact these games made on me when I was little (I actually played the whole trilogy as a kid without knowing they were made by the same company)

The game is "Gaia Force". An rpg Im working on with rpgmaker xp, which is not a continuation from any of the quintet games but rather an alternate story for all of them.

I've been debating over what the story could be about as to what could make sense (considering Im mixing games which are incredibly different from each other) and I finally decided on it around some 6 months ago which was when I started to re-edit the character's icons and started gathering scripts.

This story is set in modern day's society. This decision is based mainly on IoG's ending and Terranigma's developed world. (Also I dont like Middle Age stuff xD)

The main protagonist Ark finds himself in the headmaster's office at night in order to retrieve something he had confiscated which is important to him. That's when he first sees Pandora's box and ultimately ends up opening it. After that, he finds a mysterious creature (Yomi) which tells him about his duty as the one who will decide Earth's fate.

That fate depends on the box itself. By opening the box, he releases "magic" into the real world we know. However, this kind of magic is still incomplete and it can only be used through magical artifacts which the box gives to different people of its choice.

The moment ark opens the box, a tattoo of a 13-hour clock appears on his back. That clock marks that in 13 days, if he doesnt store all the artifacts in the box, the world will start a new era in which humans are allowed to use magic.

Of course Ark decides to gather those artifacts without knowing half the rules of this test Gaia has put on humanity. The box only chooses people based on their affinity with the specific artifact and does not care whether they use the artifacts power for good or evil, which is why you end up fightning other artifact holders in order to finish the task.

The game is supposed to be divided in two parts: Light side and Dark side. Ark is the protagonist of the dark side along with Will from IoG and the inventor from Robotrek. The Light side's protagonist is Blazer from soul blazer, the angel from Act Raiser and Eon form Granstream Saga (I only included this game for symetry purposes). Both stories occur simultaneously.

This division exists because throughout the storyline lightside will look at darkside as enemies and viceversa. Both of them work gathering the artifacts for their own reasons while fighting different enemies which in the end speeds up the collecting process.

The ending is not yet decided but all the artifacts and all the holders have been planned already. I can manage programming and making all the icons and character sprites. As for the story, I need an editor who can help making stuff sound more interesting. But what I really need right now is someone who can make maps, since I'm useless in that area.

I'll be updating this topic with more info once I finish making most of the icons. The main reason Im posting this here is to get enough feedback to keep this project going and not abandon it like I've done with other ideas I've had before.

Thanks for reading (adding this cuz I know it's long)
Metall Ark (XD®)
Level 9: Sabre Dog

Level 9: Sabre Dog

Gems 3,051

PostMetall Ark (XD®) Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The main protagonist Ark finds himself in the headmaster's office at night in order to retrieve something he had confiscated which is important to him. That's when he first sees Pandora's box and ultimately ends up opening it. After that, he finds a mysterious creature (Yomi)

Sorry but this part wont make much sense. Ark already know what the Pandora´s box is and also know yomi. And how did he get to the head office? Well you can tell it in the later in the Story so it is okay.

Quote:
Ark is the protagonist of the dark side

And theres an other part wich I dont really like. Ark was the only one from the trilogy wich used both Light and Dark. And he got also the blood of the two sides. I would prefer that he can choose his side.

The Story is a good Idea but I would like to see some other characters like Roy and Fyda. I also would like Roy as a playable character since he is the coolest charcter from the trilogy.

Keep working it cause it will be a really go story and game.

joakkar

Gems 43

Postjoakkar Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ark already know what the Pandora´s box is and also know yomi

This is not a sequel but an alternate story (which means ark doesnt know of the box yet and even if he did it would be from a past life which wouldnt give him much of a clue regarding to whether he should open it or not).

Quote:
And how did he get to the head office?

I'll give the details of how he got there and how the box gets there once a stable demo is out.

Quote:
Ark was the only one from the trilogy wich used both Light and Dark. And he got also the blood of the two sides. I would prefer that he can choose his side.

Even if Ark does fuse with the "golden child", the protagonist we play is majorly underworld Ark, which is why I made him the darkside protagonist (along with Will who is said to use "dark magic" and robotrek protagonist who doesnt even use magic originally). While the protagonists from soul blazer and act raiser seem to work directly for light gaia, so thats what I based the sides on.

The names darkside and lightside are only related to their power's origins and not their objectives, since both sides ultimately fight for peace anyways.

As for Royd and Fyda, they're both in the game but their roles are similar to the ones in the original game where they support you without actually being with you (it's kinda hard to make complete strangers join a party of kids and make it seem natural xD). However I could add one of them in at least one fight, so they dont feel as ignored.

Also thanks for believing the story can be good : D
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds a bit... weird Very Happy anyway, good luck and tell us when it's finished!
Level 6: Stone Golum

Level 6: Stone Golum

Gems 622

Postergz Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this Idea heaps!! Are you still working on this ??

Become a supportor add the above sponsor badge to your website, myspace, facebook, blog, signiture or whatever you have.
Could you please link the sponsor badge to: http://www.terraearth.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=123I will add you to the supporters in the credits of the game if you do!
But please let me know that you have done this otherwise I won’t know haha.

The game will exclusivley come out HERE! Cheers everyone and thanks for supporting Terra Earth and the eternal legend of Terranigma.
joakkar

Gems 43

Postjoakkar Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am working on it albeit really slowly since college is a pain xD

ht tp: / /joakkar.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4xw6sg

I finished this in like april and have since then only worked on a bunch of face templates

h ttp: / / joakkar.deviantart.com/art/I-can-t-believe-I-m-not-over-303816483

As for sprites, I'll have to make do with my RTP edits for now since the custom templates require too much time and also I'd need to resize a lot of tilesets.

Old rtp sprites -> h ttp: / /joakkar.deviantart.com/gallery/5385362#/d1q6jt9

Sorry I kinda forgot to check the forum since xD
Blade
Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

In the second pic, why are they all naked? Razz

But the third one, with the sprites, looks promising! I'm looking forward to it! Smile

joakkar

Gems 43

Postjoakkar Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

They're naked basically cuz I suck at designing clothes. I've done countless sketches of how I want them to dress and they mostly look lame so I'm leaving that for later *shot*. Thanks for liking the sprites btw : D. I still wish I could work on the custom ones but I don't nearly have enough time for that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Fan Made Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: