TerraEarth Forums

New Fan-Made Trilogy i have officially began production on.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Fan Made Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thisearthenwomb
Level 1: Huball

Gems 47

Postthisearthenwomb Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:26 am   Post subject: New Fan-Made Trilogy i have officially began production on. Reply with quote

As of this week I have begun working on the first of three games i am going to be working on, all taking place in the same world as the quintet Trio. They are not sequels, or anything like that, but they are all very relevant to the series. The first I believe will be called "Ishtars Brush", in which you play as Ishtar, while he is much younger, and his lady-friend has been captured by a demon who entered their town from a painting. The game has multiple levels which you get to by entering various paintings you will find around his town.

Im still working on the concept for the two other games.
basically this thread is to 1. let you know its happening, and im working with a team of other people on this, and we're taking it pretty seriously, and 2. I would like to know your thoughts on it, as well as receive your input as to what kind of things you may like to see from these games. things meaning, specific events, characters, etc.

so basically heres some of the bigger features of these games:

-The music will be both original compositions by myself, and remakes of some old, classic quintet music.
-This is being made on the RPG Maker VX Ace engine.
-There should end up being many direct references to the soul blazer saga, including characters, locatons, and bosses.
-Alot of questions about certain aspects of the original games will be (unofficially) answered, based on what i would like to believe is the truth. This includes, the origin of some characters and enemies, and how Ishtar came to be in the Angel Village.
-These games will use the same font, and most of the same sound effects as the original games.
boxxleman
Level 12: Soul Knight

Administrator

Gems 1,773

Postboxxleman Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds cool. You might want to get with forum member Jason Tandro. He might be able to help with your project.
thisearthenwomb

Gems 47

Postthisearthenwomb Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have almost finished writing up the story for the first half of the first game. I'm obviously not going to share the whole thing, thats for you to find out while you play, but i may post the beginning of the game soon, to get some hype going. I'm very happy with it so far.
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds pretty awesome. It'll be cool too see a project completed in VX Ace since we're developing TerraEarth: Beyond using VX Ace (probably). Good luck man! Very Happy

Rest in peace, old avatar.
ergz
Level 6: Stone Golum

Level 6: Stone Golum

Gems 622

Postergz Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds cool. Just letting you know that I have been using Ishtar too in Terranigma Origins for a long time now.

My Ishtar is a female sub (godess/demoness) though, and follows Assyrian and Babylonian mythology.

I don't care if you use the name as well. Its a free world but I wanted to point out a couple of things.

Exclamation They are not critisism just points u should be aware of:
Ishtar is a female name.
Ishtar is the Assyrian and Babylonian goddess of fertility, war, love, and sex.
"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ishtar".

Ishtars Brush hence sounds like your talking about the nether regens, if you know what i mean.

Not being rude just wanted to let you know.

Apart from that sick idea! Very Happy

Become a supportor add the above sponsor badge to your website, myspace, facebook, blog, signiture or whatever you have.
Could you please link the sponsor badge to: http://www.terraearth.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=123I will add you to the supporters in the credits of the game if you do!
But please let me know that you have done this otherwise I won’t know haha.

The game will exclusivley come out HERE! Cheers everyone and thanks for supporting Terra Earth and the eternal legend of Terranigma.
thisearthenwomb

Gems 47

Postthisearthenwomb Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, it is I again. This has not been forgotten about, in fact the last week has been a huge week for this game. overall it is about 15% or so finished. The story is going much better than I originally anticipated, and we had only been using re-made versions of songs from the original games, rather than composing new music, and for the time being its looking like its going to stay that way. We really believe we're breathing new life into the series, and are very excited to start showing off sound clips, screen shots, etc. Check back for more
thisearthenwomb

Gems 47

Postthisearthenwomb Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

heres a preview of a music track we're using

actually, youll have to PM me, im not allowed to post links in my posts yet
thisearthenwomb

Gems 47

Postthisearthenwomb Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone.

Stopping in once again, to confirm that this project has NOT been dropped, and I am working on it VERY aggressively.

Rather than the original idea for a trilogy, this is going to just be one game, "Ishtars brush".
the music is a large selection of completely remade tracks from all three games of the Gaia Trilogy, And i am very excited to begin sharing some of these tracks with you.

A lot of the graphics, both environmental, and for npcs, are directly from illusion of gaia, and the rest of which I made myself.

I feel that this game is very true to the originals, and is made even better with my addition of subtle humor, and strong emotions. Ideally, i'd like for none of you to ever feel the same about Ishtar again, when playing through illusion of gaia.

I may make a facebook page for people to follow, if enough of you would be willing to follow it. There, I will constantly post screenshots, and maybe videos/music.

This game visits real world locations, some of which being Coral Castle in Florida, and Suicide Forest, in Japan. there will also be characters making small cameos which you may recognize, as well as locations from the original games. I am positive you will not be dissapointed with the long hours of work im doing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Fan Made Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: