TerraEarth Forums

What have you been playing recently?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 74, 75, 76  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:40 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
still LoL, 1400 elo breakthrough Very Happy

They show your rating? I started playing recently, but my account is still level 6 or so.

On-topic:

Started Star Ocean: Second Evolution today, after completing Grandia II again. Damn, that game was amazing.
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:
psychokind wrote:
still LoL, 1400 elo breakthrough Very Happy

They show your rating? I started playing recently, but my account is still level 6 or so.

once you reach lvl 30 you can start playing ranked games, as soon as you have 16 champions. when you done your first 5 games you get a rating. that's me for example.

haven't played ranked games for weeks now, since the pre-season 3 patch just messed the balance up so much and I can't play the champs that are OP. too afraid to lose elo Very Happy
Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 12,559

PostOcie Denver Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I came back to RuneScape on late July after 3 years of absent. I'm quite surprised with new contents the game been received in months included new combat system known as Evolution of Combat. Now I'm working on new additional content, player-owned port for days since last week and few skills I want to get them higher as other skills.

While between RS sessions, I'm playing Gameloft's MLP game and Asphalt 7 on my Kindle Fire.

P.S. I finally quit on playing Facebook games and vowed myself that I never touch more games on FB with a stick anymore for my time's sake.
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ocie Denver wrote:
I'm playing Gameloft's MLP game

....I have a feeling I know the answer, but do you have a Gameloft ID so I can friend you? I want to send you gifts of hearts Very Happy I'm rainichan on GL Live.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Ocie Denver
Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 12,559

PostOcie Denver Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

inferiare wrote:
Ocie Denver wrote:
I'm playing Gameloft's MLP game

....I have a feeling I know the answer, but do you have a Gameloft ID so I can friend you? I want to send you gifts of hearts Very Happy I'm rainichan on GL Live.

Sure. I sent you a friend request via Gameloft Live. My GL ID is OcieDenver. Thank you, Raini.
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing all my Christmas Presents.

I played a bit of Halo 4, but really with that one I'm just waiting to get XBOX Live again so we can do some multiplayer.

I've been playing a bit of Mass Effect because I want to beat it again and move on to Mass Effect 2 and 3 (which I've never played).

But tonight I just started Final Fantasy XIII-2. Granted, I've only played about an hours worth so far, but I have to ask: Why did this game get such bad reviews?!

Okay, so I'm over the shock of the different combat system from 13 and considering this is a direct sequel I'm actually glad they kept the combat basically the same. It means I don't feel like an idiot trying to learn a new system and it keeps it faithful to the game that came before.

The opening sequence is amazing, though talking about the beauty of cutscenes at this stage in the game seems a bit pointless. The battles in the opening while simplistic were still pretty exciting.

I had an early hiccup when I saw the "cinematic actions". My thought was "no matter what you call it, a quick time event is still a quick time event." However when they broke out the "choose your own QTE" thing I came around on it. Dare I say, they actually made QTEs work.

And the story has grabbed my attention right away and I'm very excited to see what happens. To a new player, okay the Final Fantasy tradition of En Medias Res might drive people nuts but hey, it makes me want to know what the hell is going on.

So yeah, pumped about Final Fantasy XIII-2. My lady got me the whole collectors edition too, with the soundtrack, art book and collectors edition walkthrough.

Oh, and I've also downloaded GTA III on my iPhone. That's pretty cool too.
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a WoW Vanilla private server which is bug-free and completely like the original wow. couldn't stop playing for the last few days, all my friends started too Very Happy
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:04 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
But tonight I just started Final Fantasy XIII-2. Granted, I've only played about an hours worth so far, but I have to ask: Why did this game get such bad reviews?!

Okay, so I'm over the shock of the different combat system from 13 and considering this is a direct sequel I'm actually glad they kept the combat basically the same. It means I don't feel like an idiot trying to learn a new system and it keeps it faithful to the game that came before.

The opening sequence is amazing, though talking about the beauty of cutscenes at this stage in the game seems a bit pointless. The battles in the opening while simplistic were still pretty exciting.

I had an early hiccup when I saw the "cinematic actions". My thought was "no matter what you call it, a quick time event is still a quick time event." However when they broke out the "choose your own QTE" thing I came around on it. Dare I say, they actually made QTEs work.

And the story has grabbed my attention right away and I'm very excited to see what happens. To a new player, okay the Final Fantasy tradition of En Medias Res might drive people nuts but hey, it makes me want to know what the hell is going on.

So yeah, pumped about Final Fantasy XIII-2. My lady got me the whole collectors edition too, with the soundtrack, art book and collectors edition walkthrough.

I'll tell you right now why: because you have to get DLC for the true ending, so to speak. And even then it leaves everything wholly unanswered. Course, that's why they're releasing Lightning Returns: FFXIII but having an incomplete game, so to speak, kind of made people mad. I was a little miffed, and the biggest thing they did for DLC was costumes and weapons and that was it. They had Sazh's story which was a lot of fun and made getting currency in Serendipity SO MUCH EASIER, and I haven't been able to touch the Snow stuff because lol oh god that shit is ridiculous. And then the Requiem of the Goddess DLC was essentially HERE IS YOUR ENDING (so don't play that without playing through and obtaining the paradox endings plus the actual end). Fun, but really infuriating at some points (it took me about 4 hours to complete it.)

But, it's still a really fun game! The last area is incredibly eerie, and 700AF is the most depressing place ever. The locations are done so well, and the story is very engaging. I think I have a few things left to do in my own playthrough as well.

Also, just gonna drop this here for when you will inevitably need it: Hands of Time puzzle solver. Because holy shit it gets crazy later on when you're solving all of the Oerba anomalies and you have ridiculous numbers on the board.

On topic, I popped in Ar tonelico 3 to continue one of my playthroughs to get the endings for the second heroine. I forgot how much fun that is! I also got myself a 3DS about a week ago, so I've been alternating between Theatrhythm Final Fantasy and Tales of the Abyss.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I dropped the money on a Wii U, and I have to say, I'm enjoying it. I got all the save file stars for NSMBU, and I'm still working on Scribblenauts Unlimited. Those are my only two games right now, but there will be others.

I'm posting this from the Wii U, since I'm waiting for the Rayman demo to download.

Though I wish Nintendo would get their shit together for online purposes. I get a lot of error codes, and their support site does nothing to help.

Last edited by Freedan on Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

When there's a few more games out, maybe. Then again, I'm pretty lazy in buying new systems. Only recently got a 3DS as a late Christmas gift to myself. But hey, if it's worth it now, I'll at least watch for more interesting things to buy for it.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
Blade
Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I rant for a sec.?
I just looked at the list of available N64 games for the PAL-Virtual Console-market, and it's...dull.
Either I've already played it (Zelda games, Mario 64, Smash Bros., Kart or Party, Lylat Wars)
or they're dull (Mario Golf? Waverace? 1080 Snowboarding?? Cruisn USA???)

The only 2 games that sound remotely interesting are Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards, Bomberman Hero & Sin and Punishment (simply by reputation)

I know the 64 didn't have the strongest releases, but there must be something out there that I'm missing out on. And no, N64 emulation on a PC has failed me on some games (performance wise on some [like Mission:Impossible] or control/gameplaywise [Turok 2: Seeds of Evil])

rant over. your thoughts? Razz

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have many games for the N64 myself :/ I have two that I absolutely adore, though one isn't the best of games. Games in question are Quest 64 and Mischief Makers. MM is a TON of fun, and Q64 is sort of an action rpg with a really weird battle system. Most people dislike it, but I ended up really loving it.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Blade wrote:
The only 2 games that sound remotely interesting are Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards, Bomberman Hero & Sin and Punishment (simply by reputation)

rant over. your thoughts? Razz

Bomberman Hero is fantastic. If you haven't played it, you should. It's easily my favorite Bomberman game.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm juggling my Pokemon Nuzlocke challenge, Star Ocean 2 and Starcraft 2.

By the way, I'm going to need an American 3DS. Anyone have experience with both a normal one and an XL? I'm debating whether to get one or the other. Normal one I can get in Fire Emblem Blue (there's the Zelda one too but it's expensive, I've got OoT3DS and I don't want another black one), or XL Over-the-top Pikachu Yellow. Or, you know, a normal coloured one.
Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

@raini: I have both MM and Quest 64 (Holy Magic Century in PAL-land), the latter came the same christmas as Ocarina of Time, and after not getting into it, it was abandoned for +8 years. Then I picked it up, got into it, liked it alot, almost finished it, and then the controller pak died <.<
It was really hard as a kid, I didn't make it past the first boss ^^ but you can either skill water and get the healing spells and it's a cake from then on, or you don't and it's...pretty much impossible to beat Razz

Back in the days I wanted to get MM, but didn't find it, so I picked up Yoshi's Story instead. Later got MM on ebay, but never got into it aswell.

Our N64 is slowly dying, so I'm looking for ways to preserve our games. The virtual console offers too few games, and emulation has it's flaws. Maybe I'll get the Ouya and emulation will get better on this one. (though I haven't tried any N64 emulation on the Wii so far)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 74, 75, 76  Next
Page 64 of 76

Jump to: