TerraEarth Forums

Let's Plays

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:52 am   Post subject: Let's Plays Reply with quote

Okay so does anybody in here do Let's Plays / what are your feelings about Let's Plays.

I personally have seen quite a few and I know that some are great and others are total crap... even amongst the stuff that I've done.

Like on my Jason Tandro channel there are some Let's Plays of my sister and I playing Ju-On: Haunted House Simulator. They're kinda funny but mostly it's rubbish.

But my friends and I have done a Sonic Adventure 2 Let's Play (which I posted earlier, if you're interested you can check them out on the Youtube Channel: clancur , but the purpose of this thread is... for once, not to spam)
which are much higher quality and a lot better.

Now by Let's Play, I'm referring to the established idea of commenting while playing games, not the kind of stuff I did for TerraEarthCom or the stuff that Tay did with his No-Damage Challenge for Link To The Past (which is actually pretty cool if you haven't seen. I, for one, have never avoided damage on Aghanim and Helmaroc King).

But yeah whenever you do watch them, what do you expect from them. Do you prefer straight funny? Honest reactions? Tips and trivia? Any particular favorite Youtubers?

I figgin' love Tobuscus's TobyGames Channel and I can watch like everything he does even the relatively boring MineCraft videos.

But yeah what about you all? And do any of you all do Let's Plays?

Rest in peace, old avatar.
EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sun May 12, 2013 2:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I read a blog of someone's Let's Play of Star Ocean 2. It was quite hilarious. I haven't seen too many though, so can't make a concrete judgment. Depends on the narrator though.
The Koholint Knight

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy watching Game Grumps every once in a while, but I've never tried to do one myself.

Speaking of that no-damage Zelda challenge, I never did finish it. Mothula was giving me trouble, and at the same time I was also doing boss runs on Soul Blazer, but the video kept freezing up during recording. Even though it's been almost three years (HOLY FRIG, 2010 WAS THREE YEARS AGO) I'd still like to finish them both.

Actually, Jason, you just gave me an idea. I'm trying to get my SO into games, but she tends to get discouraged since she hasn't built up the reflexes and muscle memory necessary to play Action games, and Adventure/RPG games tend to bore her. I'm going to run the idea of doing Let's Plays by her and see what she thinks. Might be fun playing games I'm really familiar with while she comments on them with sort of a non-gaming perspective. I imagine it will turn out like this:

"This scene gives me all of the feels."

"Dear lord, why is my boyfriend so gaaaaaaaaay..."

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Something Awful has some of the best LPs; there are plenty that are for laughs and others that are full out serious. They even have their own LP archive: LP Archive.

One of my all-time favourites (and what got me reading them in the first place) was the Princess Maker 2 LP. Sadly, the reactions of the forum readers aren't there, but the LP is hilarious to read as a whole.

Others, like the Ar tonelico/Ar tonelico II/Ar tonelico III are more serious with some humor injected into it.

I'd like to do one myself for SA for Terranigma, but that requires more time than I have right now.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: