TerraEarth Forums

Let's Not Play!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:15 pm   Post subject: Let's Not Play! Reply with quote

Okay, so there are some games which are not bad at all, and many that are actually really good, but I can't seem to get myself to actually play or finish playing them.

Take the Assassin's Creed series. I'm sure these games are amazing... but I just can't bring myself to sit down and play them.

Then you've got games that are awesome, but I can't finish. Twilight Princess is the most obvious failure on my part, as I really enjoy playing the game, but for some reason I lose interest and just can't finish it.

I had a spell with Dokapon Kingdom but I never was able to finish a match.

Also Bioshock. I really liked Bioshock but could never finish it.

What are some games that you really like or think will be good, but just can't finish or bring yourself to play?

Rest in peace, old avatar.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't bring myself to play Assassin's Creed because I suck at games like that. I'm playing the first now because I adore the lead (Altaïr) and... well, the second has Ezio and Ezio is amazing. I'm still bad at it, but not as bad as I was before!

Most tactical games. Mainly because I'm terribad at them. Super Robot Taisen games? NOPE. Final Fantasy Tactics? NOPE. Sad, but true.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Mantaray
Level 14: Chariot

Resident

Gems 6,635

PostMantaray Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Have difficulties with Fable. Unless the character is already packed in stats, I don't feel like going through the efforts despite being a great series.

There's Skyrim and Kain that I don't have the desire to get very far, and most shooters which generally suck at. Sorry Halo, Saints Row, COD, etc. Although Left 4 Dead is getting easier.
EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't seem to force myself to go start playing Mass Effect. I've been meaning to for ages now, I've even got it on Steam. But starting it? Nope.

Also, I've been up to the last (story) boss of Dragon Quest 9 forever, and haven't even tried to kill the bastard yet.
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiiiinda agreeing with sora-mage, I'm not really a Skyrim kind of girl. I'll watch it and tell people to Fus-ro-dah but that's about it. Same with FPS games. They make me sick though, so it's hard to play them. Sad Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite are interesting to watch being played though! I just... can't play them without wanting to puke.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

You know it's funny but any kind of game with a first-person perspective I usually get sick watching, but not playing. Like Minecraft. My wife has the same situation. She can't watch me play that or she'll get sick. I guess when you're playing it's not like being stuck in a tilt-a-whirl because your brain is the one controlling the movement so you can prepare for it.

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Fazermint
Shameless Pirate

Level 10: Dark Bat

Level 10: Dark Bat

Gems 712

PostFazermint Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been meaning to delve into the realm of strategy RPGs, but I never get around to it. I don't care for the strategy genre, but I thought maybe I'd like them because of the RPG elements. I guess I end up thinking - if I want RPG elements, I play an RPG.

Also, everyone tells me to play Assassin's Creed. Idunno, it looks boring. -_-
I might get AC4 for my girlfriend since she thinks it looks awesome, and then I can try it too
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: