TerraEarth Forums

Foodie Thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Interests Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:52 pm   Post subject: Foodie Thread Reply with quote

Big surprise. The fat man makes a thread about food.

So what is the best food you've ever eaten? You have any favorite meals?

First, I'll present you a "menu" of my favorite meals.

Micah's Recipes

Ramen & Chili
2 USD
Chicken flavored ramen cooked to perfection and served with beanless chili on top.

Tuna & Soup
4 USD
Tuna sandwich cut in half, served on toast. Served with chicken noodle or tomato soup.

Stef's Recipes

Rigatoni
5 USD
My wife makes an amazing recipe of Rigatoni, baked with a delicious cheese sauce that's all relatively cheap. One of my favorite meals of her.

My Mom's Recipes

Brown Sugar Ham
14 USD
My mom takes ham cuts cooked in a light syrup base, coated in brown sugar and refried beans. Best ham you will ever taste.

Chicken and Dumplings
21 USD
Cuts of white meat chicken, breaded, and served on white rice topped with fantastic breading.

Stuffing
45 USD
And finally the dish for which my mother is best known and the food item that every year overshadow's the turkey at Thanksgiving is her stuffing. Made with croutons, celery, rosemary, onions, garlic chips, and our favorite full cooked crispy bacon chopped into bits. She cooks two massive tins each year and it lasts us a long time.

Okay, so those are the recipes that we get from ourselves. As far as going out to eat, I like places such as Five Guys burgers, any chinese restaraunts Sweet & Sour chicken on white rice, and IHOP.

But for the best experiences of food? My summer vacation. The Carnival Cruise ship serves amazing food. I learned about food items that I didn't even know existed.

That said, one of the best meals I had was actually the meal I had in New York City the night before we left.

This is my burger:

And I had the same desert as my friend Colton:

Rest in peace, old avatar.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been told my red beans and rice that I make rivals the stiff made in Louisiana! I also made gumbo that turned out pretty good in August.

My favourite food that my dad makes is chicken livers. Gonna be eating that on Friday, actually.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

About the only recipe I have is a Chicken Spaghetti dish that my mom used to make that I improved upon. TRY IT FOR YOURSELF!

CREAMY CHICKEN SPAGHETTI

1 pack of spaghetti noodles
1 lb. of chicken breasts
1 stick of butter
2 cans of cream of chicken
3 cups of water
3 cubes of chicken bouillon
Cavender's Seasoning

Add water, butter, chicken bouillon, a sprinkling of cavender's, and ONE can of cream of chicken in a pot and set to boil. Slice up your chicken and add to pot. Once chicken has thoroughly cooked (usually about 30-40 minutes), add the spaghetti noodles and reduce the heat. Stir until water is absorbed, then add the second can of cream of chicken. Top with Cavender's and enjoy!

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Fazermint
Shameless Pirate

Level 10: Dark Bat

Level 10: Dark Bat

Gems 712

PostFazermint Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only recently started cooking since I just got my own place about half a year ago. But I've gotten into a pattern where I pick one ingredient from every category, mix it up and end up with a pretty decent meal:

1. Meat
- Chicken fillet
- Swine fillet
- Blocks of ham

2. Filling
- Rice
- Various pastas

3. Sauce
- Red "pastasauce"
- Curry

4. Healthy stuff
- Veggie mix (onions, peppers, etc.)
- Fruit pieces (mostly apple)
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Reviving this bad boy from the dead!

This was my dinner tonight (I made it, don't look at me like that)! It is: smoked sausage, tortellini, ravioli, and prosciutto with olive oil and pesto. We had french bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar as well. Very Happy

Aaaand my fatty-chan deliciousness I made a couple of weeks ago!

My work has Kobe beef hot dogs. While I doubt they are true Kobe beef, they were still good enough to eat! I pan fried some bacon, dropped the hot dogs into the grease that built up from said bacon to pan fry, put the hot dogs into steak rolls, topped it with bacon and slices of cheese halved to put on both sides of the hot dog... and then I smothered them in bbq sauce. SO GOOD.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

inferiare wrote:
Reviving this bad boy from the dead!

This was my dinner tonight (I made it, don't look at me like that)! It is: smoked sausage, tortellini, ravioli, and prosciutto with olive oil and pesto. We had french bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar as well. Very Happy

Aaaand my fatty-chan deliciousness I made a couple of weeks ago!

My work has Kobe beef hot dogs. While I doubt they are true Kobe beef, they were still good enough to eat! I pan fried some bacon, dropped the hot dogs into the grease that built up from said bacon to pan fry, put the hot dogs into steak rolls, topped it with bacon and slices of cheese halved to put on both sides of the hot dog... and then I smothered them in bbq sauce. SO GOOD.

the hot dog looks awesome Very Happy since i live with my girlfriend food is rather healthy... sometimes i'd kill to have a bomb like that sitting on my plate Very Happy
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

@psychokind: My condolences! My friend has a health nut family and he rarely gets to eat anything that... Well even has taste let alone tastes good.

Edit: grr touch screen...

@Raini: that first dish may not be all that visually appealing but i bet it tasted great. The hot dogs sound amazing.

psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
@psychokind: My condolences! My friend has a health nut family and he rarely gets to eat anything that... Well even has taste let alone tastes good.

@Raini: that first dish may not be all that visually appealing but i bet it tasted great. The hot dogs sound amazing.

well we're not health nuts, we're just cooking regular food just mostly without artificial stuff, but my gf can't handle THAT quantity of meat Laughing
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
Jason Tandro wrote:

well we're not health nuts, we're just cooking regular food just mostly without artificial stuff, but my gf can't handle THAT quantity of meat Laughing

*Insert penis joke here.

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:

Yeah idec that my food may not look appealing, but it's delicious and that's what matters. Very Happy

@psychokind: agreed with Jason though, too much healthy food would make me lose my mind. Sad I mean, trying to eat healthier but it doesn't always work. Plus, I like me some good food, what can I say?

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

inferiare wrote:
Jason Tandro wrote:

Yeah idec that my food may not look appealing, but it's delicious and that's what matters. Very Happy

@psychokind: agreed with Jason though, too much healthy food would make me lose my mind. Sad I mean, trying to eat healthier but it doesn't always work. Plus, I like me some good food, what can I say?

yeah... luckily we have lots of barbecues during summer. and i use every opportunity to fill myself with unhealthy food nowadays Very Happy

@jason: how could i not see that coming Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Interests Board All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: