TerraEarth Forums

PAL and NTSC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Illusion of Gaia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:30 pm   Post subject: PAL and NTSC Reply with quote

Has this not been brought up before? Really?

So I was wondering if anyone knew if there were any differences in the English versions of Illusion of Gaia and Illusion of Time, or if both were equally butchered and censored. My girlfriend and I are going to be playing through it soon, and I do happen to have a copy of the PAL version...

I'm almost certain the script was the same, but I figured I'd see if anyone happened to know.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Entellus
Level 2: Whisp

Level 2: Whisp

Gems 36

PostEntellus Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the PAL version didn't have the censoring, but I looked at a Youtube video online and it looked the same as NTSC after all.
geekgirl101
Level 3: Cadet

Level 3: Cadet

Gems 110

Postgeekgirl101 Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no real differences between the 2, they just have different title names. I am in the UK so I played the PAL version on my SNES. When emulators first came out for the SNES I could only find the NTSC version of the rom at the time and I thought it was maybe a prequel or sequel but it's the same game.
6arm79
Level 1: Huball

Level 1: Huball

Gems 43

Post6arm79 Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting. I was thinking about asking the same question. I wonder if there were any other games that maybe had translation differences between the North American and PAL English releases. Or if the other language versions of the game lacked the censorship present in the English version? Does anyone know about the Soul Blazer or Secret of Mana translations?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Illusion of Gaia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: