TerraEarth Forums

TerraEarth Anime and Manga Discussion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Interests Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:30 pm   Post subject: TerraEarth Anime and Manga Discussion Reply with quote

This is a thread for discussing Anime/Manga that we have recently bought or are currently watching/reading. You can share rare finds, sales you took advantage of, and discuss news both recent and ancient.

If you are interested in sharing what series you have seen, you can compile a list of Anime and Manga at: My Anime List. Be sure to share your profile in this thread and I will add a link in this post!

TE Users' My Anime List Profiles:

tay120n64
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

So to kick this new thread off, here's a recent deal I came across at a local FYE. They were having a 40% Used DVD sale, so I managed to pick up Place to Place Complete Series, Tari Tari Complete Series, Eden of the East BluRay Complete Series, and a six-episode volume of Lupin III Series 2 for about $80. (Not bad!)

I have already seen Eden of the East, which, while it ended without resolving everything, was a fantastic series. I highly recommend it, though the two movie sequels are not as good and leave things unresolved as well.

Place to Place I am about 2/3 of the way through. It is based on a 4-panel comic, and is very similar to anime like Working! and Lucky Star. It did not receive an English dub, but is a decent anime if you are into quick-paced comedy and light-hearted high school romance.

I have not watched Tari Tari yet, which is another high school slice-of-life Anime. As for Lupin III, I've seen most of its run on Adult Swim, so it's nice to have it on DVD.

I've been getting my girlfriend pretty heavily into anime and we just started Madoka Magica. It's good so far, but we haven't had a lot of time to watch anime this week, so we're only halfway through.

What all have you guys and gals been watching/reading lately?

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Finding the time to finish (again) the last volume of Chrono Crusade, now that I actually own the books.
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't bought any manga for a while (last trip to SF's Kinokuniya got me some but not too much, and I bought the box sets for the Sailor Moon manga but that has been it), though I've been reading Koe no Katachi online.

As for anime, I... watch some really girly shit for the most part Very Happy At the end of last season I decided to give Beyond the Boundary (Kyoukai no Kanata) a shot and loved it. I watch Aikatsu weekly, and I've also been watching Pretty Rhythm. I'll be starting PreCure... soonish. One that I watched online was hilarious and never took itself seriously was Bihada Ichizoku - an anime made to advertise some cosmetics in Japan. The anime was based off of a manga done by the same person who did Rose of Versailles I believe. A comedy manga. The episodes are short (8 minutes in length) but it's absolutely ridiculous, almost on the level with Azumanga Daioh ridiculous.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

inferiare wrote:
The episodes are short (8 minutes in length) but it's absolutely ridiculous, almost on the level with Azumanga Daioh ridiculous.

Welp, now I have to check it out just because you compared it to my favorite anime.

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

YOU SHOULD it is good and I was laughing and going WAIT WHAT the entire time. 96 minutes for all 12 episodes isn't bad either!

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Level 1: Huball

Level 1: Huball

Gems 19

Post2200 Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been reading Shokugeki no Souma. A cooking manga. I'm enjoying this more than I thought I would.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

THREAAAAD RESSURECTION

Just finished the 13 episode Brynhildr in the Darkness. I enjoyed it a lot! The manga was by the same guy who did Elfen Lied, and the anime was based off of that. I wish they would have made it longer though, there were some things apparently skipped, and the manga isn't finished. It's still worth the watch if you enjoyed Elfen Lied.

Plus the last 4 episodes have this song as its opening (though the first opening is pretty awesome as well.)

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying to convince my wife to read [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yotsuba%26!]Yotsuba&![/url]. Considering it is about a dad and his little girl, I believe that it will be very interesting. I'm actually going to reread it myself as I'm sure a whole new level of feels will hit me now that I'm a dad.

Fun Fact: It was this manga which inspired me to create Shinra Inc. And in the format that I did.

Here's a few of my favorite jokes:

Blue Paint Joke

Bicycle

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Interests Board All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: