TerraEarth Forums

Any Fan-based games?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Fan Made Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drunkennewbie
Level 1: Huball

Level 1: Huball

Gems 16

PostDrunkennewbie Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:28 am   Post subject: Any Fan-based games? Reply with quote

Is there currently anyone creating a fan base game of Terranigma or Illusion of Gaia?

If so or attempted what program did you use? I am looking at RPGVX maker but dont know about the cscript for combat to make it feem exact like Illusion of Gaia... if anyone is able to help
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a Terranigma 2 project for some years which even spawned a playable demo. Was even adopted on this board, but i doubt it's still active.
Level 5: Sabre Wolf

Level 5: Sabre Wolf

Gems 434

PostTheKing2 Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

@psychokind:
Quote:
There was a Terranigma 2 project for some years which even spawned a playable demo. Was even adopted on this board, but i doubt it's still active.

I am glad to say that you are wrong on that depart, I am still kind of active on the project, as far as my somewhat limited free time allows it Wink

@Drunkennewbie:

Well, I have created a pretty complete & accurate copy of the Terranigma Combat/Game system on the Rpg-Maker XP. I still think that to this day, the XP is much more capable of creating a game like Terranigma, and probably Illusion of Gaia too (though I never played that one myself), in comparison to the VX, even though the XP is much older. The VX (Ace) is designed for making different kind of games.

With that being said, I can't really recommomend any of those anymore, really. If you want something truly flexible, scalable and comfortable to use, there are lots of better game engines out - for beginners, I can recommend Unity (though I'm not personally a huge fan of it, it still is very capable) - its even completely free, unlike the Rpg-Maker. It has a wide range community with lots of free resources, only downside is that you will at least have to learn C# to get things going - but I'm afraid you wouldn't be able to get away with creating a game of such scale in the Rpg-Maker without learning Ruby-Scripting eigther.

If you want to stick with the Rpg-Maker though, I used the "XAS ABS" as base for my Terranigma-Combat System, and a ton of other 3rd-party scripts. But I can assure you that you won't be able to get a combat system exactle like Terranigma/IoG with just plugging in a few scripts, there was an ungodly amount of rewriting entire parts of both the standard and 3rd-party scripts involved in my Terranigma 2 project. So yeah... not to demotivate you, but be aware that you will have to learn and adapt a lot to get a project of this scale going.

Hope this is of some help.

Best regards.

EDIT: Oh snap, I just realize how old that post was. Damn... havn't been around those forums for quite a while.
Flamez
Hail to the King baby!

Level 16: Cursed Armor

Resident

Gems 7,228

PostFlamez Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKing2 wrote:
EDIT: Oh snap, I just realize how old that post was. Damn... havn't been around those forums for quite a while.

Dont worry, I think thats the same for most of the TE Denisens.

Joined TE on May 30, 2002, 2:26am!
Yeah, beat that.

I'm hot stuff.

http://terraearth.proboards.com - Original TE forums.
http://www.facebook.com/lochy - I gots facebook! yay for social networking?
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

We're hoping to see a turnaround on that. Flamez seems to be trying the give the forums a bit of CPR, and I want to do my part to help with that!

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Manibrandr System
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you can't do it without much posting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Fan Made Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: