TerraEarth Forums

Something Old, Something New...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yet One More Idiot
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:45 pm   Post subject: Something Old, Something New... Reply with quote

OMG, it's a veteran newbie! Hey there all of you, it's good to be back. Very Happy

Back in the day, I was known by the rather long-winded and randomly-created name "Yomi's Evil Twin Intern" (although thankfully most of you back then just called me YETI). As you can see, I've now changed my name and go by "Yet One More Idiot" (not just here either, that's my name on almost every online community for about the last 5 years), although please feel free to call me YOMI if you want to save time. Smile

So, I got to thinking recently about this place, and how I hadn't been here in aaaaaaaages. I tried to log back in, but my account was deactivated due to severe old age. xD Thus, I emailed eFlare to open it back up for me again (plus the name change), and now I am back!

(He says my last login was 1825 days ago - wow! That puts it at Feb 17th, 2011...so long ago.... xD)

The reasons for such a long absence are many and, for the most part, irrelevant. Back then, I was unemployed, suffering from terrible poor health, and above all pretty chronic depression.
What's changed?
Well, I'm not depressed anymore, yay! I'm also in slightly better health these days too (though not much). Still unemployed though (and have been basically since 2007), although now studying accountancy and trying to get a job in the field. But that's real life stuff, and that's boring. Wink

Other quick facts:
Favourite game: Still Terranigma, yeah!
Favourite movie: Hmm, still Independence Day
Favourite song: Let It Go! Sorry, I'm a long-time Disney nut.

More later, but that's it for now.

Hi again! ^_^
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome!! Good to have you back!!

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
Awesome!! Good to have you back!!

Thanks Psycho, it's good to be back! Very Happy

I have a job interview tomorrow - and another the day after - but I do have some stuff to post, as you may've noticed from my sig pic down there
|
|
V

But right now, I need to go prepare. Smile
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Eek! WOAH!! I had been wondering about some of our vets here, and you were one of the ones I was wondering about! Glad to have you back, Yomi!

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Yet One More Idiot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

inferiare wrote:
Eek! WOAH!! I had been wondering about some of our vets here, and you were one of the ones I was wondering about! Glad to have you back, Yomi!

Glad to be back, Raini!

I hadn't realised it had been anywhere near 5 years that I'd been away for... xD
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a few people I'm sure haven't realized that hell, it's been a while since they've visited. Very Happy But hey, the more the merrier here! It's been pretty quiet here, so having people posting more should bring it back some.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Manibrandr System

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back! Very Happy We really need to just revive this community from scratch, because I see a pretty epic original lore forming around our fanworks.

Serious, we should work on the TE lexicon again, revive the RP forums too.
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Eventually I'll get back into doing stuff for lore. I have to be in a really specific Mood for lore writin', but I need to do that and expand on what I have in my own lore. Soon... Shifty

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
Manibrandr System

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we should just divorce the world from all references to the Soul Blazer trilogy and see if we can make something sellable out of it.
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

HOLY S--T, YETI?!

What's up, man! Great to see you back on the forums! It sucked that you just seemed to disappear. I saw your new pieces you posted. Your work has really improved! Love it! Love

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Yet One More Idiot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
HOLY S--T, YETI?!

What's up, man! Great to see you back on the forums! It sucked that you just seemed to disappear. I saw your new pieces you posted. Your work has really improved! Love it! Love

Hey, Tay! Very Happy

Thanks....yeah, I just kinda drifted away and forgot, sorry about that. I was in a pretty bad headspace for a while, I kinda had depression back then, and my weight was reeeeally high and giving me health problems.

But now I'm not away! Razz

Also, thank you for the kind comment about the pics, but you may not remember, I don't draw - I commission pics. The artist who drew these new ones for me is really good at cute girls. Very Happy
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Sun May 08, 2016 1:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet One More Idiot wrote:
Also, thank you for the kind comment about the pics, but you may not remember, I don't draw - I commission pics. The artist who drew these new ones for me is really good at cute girls. Very Happy

Oh. Now that you mention it, I DO remember. Razz

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Heikki
Level 4: Living Statue

Level 4: Living Statue

Gems 80

PostHeikki Posted: Sat May 14, 2016 7:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow so Yet One you were an old timer here? And here I thought I wasn't the only new member... Welcome back in that case Very Happy
Yet One More Idiot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Sat May 14, 2016 1:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Heikki wrote:
Oh wow so Yet One you were an old timer here? And here I thought I wasn't the only new member... Welcome back in that case Very Happy

Oh yeah, I joined back in... *looks at member info under avatar* ... Feb 2009. Wow, that's a long time ago. xD I was active for about 2 years, then drifted away and bummed around the internet for 5 years, then showed up again a couple of months ago. xD

And welcome to you, too! ^_~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: