TerraEarth Forums

TerraEarth Games Re-Release 2017 + Other Games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Fan Made Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:32 am   Post subject: TerraEarth Games Re-Release 2017 + Other Games Reply with quote

You all know the drill. My links die and the downloads no longer work. If you were feeling a sudden desire to play these games again, you can now download them once more, this time saved to my Google Drive(s).

TerraEarth Remastered

The original RPG Maker XP game, but with slightly improved graphics and a few fixes on some game-breaking bugs (though others might exist. This game was really rough. Still for history sake if nothing else, this is the first RPG I ever did based on us here at the forum and there are some redeeming qualities.

TerraEarth: Absolute

The follow-up for RPG Maker VX which was really a fresh start. This game is the OG. There is so much to do in the world of TerraEarth and I designed it to be as freeform as possible with lots to do and explore. Four separate quest lines, a completely customizable gameplay experience, six sidequest guilds, three Punch-Up tournaments, several side attractions such as collectible books, arcade games, shows and more. This game may be a bit buggy since it was all done by me over the course of several years, but in terms of the most enjoyable game and best representation of the way I viewed the boards at the time - this game is top tier.

TerraEarth: Awakening

My last game entry in RPG Maker VX Ace. This is a side-story to TerraEarth: Absolute and takes place before the Territory Incident. You play an original character and go through a completely separate story. The game is designed to be a callback to old school RPGs where you would hire adventurers to join you and form custom parties from them. This game is by far my most polished RPG ever made, with an affinity system for party members, a variety of quests to complete along with unique character quests, a fully functional day/night cycle and weather patterns with NPCs who follow behavior during times of day. It's technically sound and well put together and I highly recommend giving it a go.

==And While I'm At It==

Here are several other games in various states of good / complete that I have made over my roughly 11 years of making stuff in RPG Maker.

Merry Mayhem
State: Complete
Quality: B+

A micro-game that I'm actually pretty proud of. The holiday adventure isn't really a proper RPG but rather a game that has you going through a mall in order to buy presents for your spouse and children. But, you don't have enough money so you have to do quests for people which can be either Nice or Naughty. And if you still don't have enough money, you can play blackjack or get a proper job as a salesman. A cute little holiday offering that you can clear in like 20 minutes but if you stop and explore there are a handful of neat secrets that you can uncover.

Final Fantasy Emeritus
Quality: A

This is a Final Fantasy fan game I am working on that I won't be going public with, outisde of sharing it with some select friends. That includes you all. MAde in RPG Maker MV this game is meant to be a mash up all of the finest bits of Final Fantasy but with a completely original story (though it obviously borrows elements of the games). You choose your own party from the original FF1 job selection and then begin an epic journey through a world torn asunder by a strange calamity that seems to be merging two worlds into one. Explore townships full of quest and side activities, purchase your own player house, and relive some fond FF memories with a soundtrack of remastered, remixed and fan-mixed FF tracks.

The Trek 2: So Very Tired
State: Complete, but some bugs.
Quality: C+

This was my "tech demo" game for RPG Maker VX Ace, and a sequel to a game I made in RPG Maker XP which is in really bad shape to the point where I won't share it here (there's no connecting story, it's basically my friends and me just... hanging out). The journey has some high points such as items used for puzzle-solving and treasure hunting, but the dungeons are pretty bad (except the final dungeon which is fairly decent).

Transgression
State: Technically complete, but not really fleshed out at all and several areas inaccessible.
Quality: D

And this is my tech demo for RPG Maker XV original. Based on a novel that I've been trying to write for eons (and have the fourth draft or so of actually complete), the classic fantasy affair does have some noteworthy elements to it, such as some dialogue variety and freeform questing. It is playable but its effectively unfinished state means a lot of the middle and end-game stuff is basically just "rush to get to the end of the game" content. And there are plenty of bugs.

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Manibrandr System
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

So whatever happened to beyond?
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:33 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Died a fiery death when real world obligations became too much. I formally cancelled the project like a year or so ago.

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Manibrandr System
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I replayed TE:A again recently and I kind of miss the good old forum days.

I really hope that we can one day restart the project. Do you have any surviving materials where others could pick up where you left off?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Fan Made Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: