TerraEarth Forums

[Scare Central] Week 1: Classic Scares

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Spam Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:45 am   Post subject: [Scare Central] Week 1: Classic Scares Reply with quote

Well it is Halloween time again, and along with playing the Zombie Holocaust dnd over in Contests and Games, I've decided to do a little series here in Spam Central called "Scare Central", where each week I go with a different topic and share some great creepy things from the web.

Since I've had a classic internet kick going on the past couple of weeks it makes sense to start with some classic scares from the good old days of the internet. And you know what that means... we get to revisit the age of screamers.

Perhaps the first one everybody saw and then shared to their friends was this classic gem:

Car Commercial

But there were also some more inventive ones like the The Maze Game and which there exist some great reaction videos.

These weren't truly scary, just startling, though apparently some people got really badly freaked out by them. Most of us just found them hilarious in a stupid sort of way.

Around this time there was a lot of ghost footage floating around youtube too and that was also what I watched. I saw several individual clips but I was mainly attracted to a series called Fact or Fiction which was actually two separate series in the same style by two diferent guys AJK and ShadowFuckFace, the latter of whom apparently wanted to emulate the former's work. His was the ones I'm familiar with:

Fact or Fiction 3: Urban Legends

Fact or Fiction 4: The Unexplained

Anyway, I don't want to hog this. What are some of your favorite classic scares of any kind / media?

Rest in peace, old avatar.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Holdeeeeeers! The Holders series is one of my favourites, I used to stay up on /x/ and read all the creepypastas and regret it when I had to go to sleep. I'd always be on the lookout for new ones... ahhh memories...

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I once tried to get through all 538 of the official stories as a narration. To my credit I got to like 110 but still it got tiring when some went on for fuckin days and all started and ended exactly the same. I liked when the writer threw a good twist in like making it from the Holders pov.

Also they're more recent but I really like the SCP stuff.

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Spam Central All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: