TerraEarth Forums

Backstories Freedan and Shadow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Illusion of Gaia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LG
Level 2: Whisp

Level 2: Whisp

Gems 28

PostLG Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:54 am   Post subject: Backstories Freedan and Shadow Reply with quote

We get little info on who Freedan and Shadow are in my opinion. Do the Japanese in-game text or outside sources offer more? Or isn't there much to learn?
Steppolo Steppi
Level 3: Cadet

Level 3: Cadet

Gems 93

PostSteppolo Steppi Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I understood, we can look at this matter in two ways:
Freedan and Shadow are two spirits who take control of Tim during certain occasions, making our hero Tim an Avatar. The only problem with this speculation is that an Avatar always retain his physical form while possessed, and in the case of Tim that does not happen, meaning that probably this avatar theory is debunked. On the other end I came up with the logical conclusion that Tim has the power to "divide" his body. Let me elaborate on this theory. A human is made of 3 parts, body, mind and spirit or as I called them physical form, psychical form and ethereal form. Tim is able to essentially switch between this forms. Moving forward I will give you my reasons to believe so. Tim's mom, Shira was from Itory Village, so she was bestowed with supernatural powers like any other Itorian. The spell she casted on Itory Village to make it invisible and protect it from entruders is an example of her powers.
Tim being her offspring inherited some sort of supernatural power but it stayed dormant inside him up until his meeting with Gaia herself/himself. So the trait in question is the upper mentioned form shifting capabilities he has.
What I was trying to say was that in my opinion Freedan is Tim's psychic form and Shadow is Tim's Ethereal form, and well Tim is Tim's physical form.
Another reason why this makes sense to me is the way and the themes Enix touched in their games, always something related to spirituality, beliefs and such, just take a look at the original script of ActRaiser, Soul Blader or Terranigma, they all contain heavy references to Christianity and what not.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Illusion of Gaia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: