TerraEarth Forums

Game you're currently playing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nurdof
Level 10: Dark Bat

Level 10: Dark Bat

Gems 71,096

PostNurdof Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:35 am   Post subject: Game you're currently playing Reply with quote

Thought I'd post this and see what games everyone is currently playing.

None at the moment for me.
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like a great game Very Happy

still warframe, magic the gathering arena beta from time to time.
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:04 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Got addicted to WoW last year and have been going strong. Loremaster on WOTLK and MOP (my two favorite xpacs) and am making good progress on Legion. Bought BfA to prep and level boosted my Horde alt (Blood Elf Paladin) but my main is Alliance (Dwarf Retribution Paladin named Grogfist. Hey, I like Paladins, okay?) I play on Moon Guard.

Let's see, I am also heavily into FF14, preparing for the launch of Shadowbringers. I have been pretty hooked on Apex Legends, though that is a more passive thing for me (usually just snag a few rounds here and there when I can).

I've also been doing this "Year of the Game" thing I do where I try to catch up on titles I missed out on. About halfway through Pokemon Silver (beat Lance, but now I get to go tear up Kanto region), like 3/4ths of the way through Okage: Shadow King, and about to knock out Silent Hill 4.

And in between time, I play a bit of GTA V to blow off steam. Thinking about picking up a Final Fantasy (besides 14) in the meantime.

It's not that I have a whole bunch of free time to play all these games so much as it is I have basically no focus these days that isn't related to work or writing (and even the latter can take some cajoling).

Rest in peace, old avatar.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've uh, been on a no job streak, but I've kept up my FF14 sub somehow. I play Overwatch (ps4) though I've been contemplating a replay of FF13 and maybe finishing my replay of FF13-2.

When I fire up my SNES Classic, I have a Lufia 2 playthrough I'm in too, hmm... I should also get back to Phantasy Star 4 at some point lol.

I occasionally play Monster Hunter World, when I'm in the mood. I do it to dress up the poogie and my palico to be quite effin' honest. Only reason to play, really. Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Ocie Denver
Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 12,559

PostOcie Denver Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuck in Star Trek Online, just enjoying drag my enemies to hell with my demon ship I acquired from Q's Winter Wonderland event. I named it 'Razorfire Boar'. A cookie for who get where the name come from...
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ocie Denver wrote:
Stuck in Star Trek Online, just enjoying drag my enemies to hell with my demon ship I acquired from Q's Winter Wonderland event. I named it 'Razorfire Boar'. A cookie for who get where the name come from...

I know I'm false, but "Razorfire Boar" reminds me of world of warcrafts razormane boars Very Happy I can't wait for WoW Classic, I haven't played an mmo in years... don't think I'll get far with the less time I have for gaming, but if I can fit a friday evening playing with my friends I'm happy nonetheless.

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been playing through Tales of Berseria. Very Happy

TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Berseria is great and a much better game than Zestiria was.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Been playing (and watching) my way through Kingdom Hearts, The Story So Far. Currently on KH II: Final Mix. I played like an hour of Chain of Memories before I said "nope can't do this, the combat stinks" so I watched a recap video of it, then watched all the cutscenes of 358/2 Days in the PS4 version. My goal is to get completely caught up and play Kingdom Hearts 3.

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Manibrandr System

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

inferiare wrote:
Berseria is great and a much better game than Zestiria was.

Oh my god yesss, I kind of put down Zestiria after a few hours, because of just how insufferably saccharine the story is. Funnily enough, my fav character there is Edna, because she has this impish demeanour that is such a contrast to the rest of the party.

Berseria, on the other hand, took storytelling to a whole new level, taking notes from Berserk and Kill Bill to create that you'd originally think to be a revenge story, but later end up undergoing an apotheosis as Velvet herself matures and grows with the rest of the cast as a person.

Jason Tandro wrote:
Been playing (and watching) my way through Kingdom Hearts, The Story So Far. Currently on KH II: Final Mix. I played like an hour of Chain of Memories before I said "nope can't do this, the combat stinks" so I watched a recap video of it, then watched all the cutscenes of 358/2 Days in the PS4 version. My goal is to get completely caught up and play Kingdom Hearts 3.

I used to own KH CoM, I didn't like it too much and I ended up selling it afterwards.
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the Zestiria story and the lore and stuff, but the bait and switch in the promo stuff regarding Alisha irritated me and if you haven't beaten Zestiria, the ending is basically this:

Though I agree, Edna was the best character in Zestiria, Mikleo was a close second. The final battle was a bullshit battle that irritated me almost as much as trying to do the chocobo racing minigame in FFX for the item for the ultimate weapon. That's saying something because that gets me yelling some of the worst things that don't really come out of my mouth otherwise Laughing

I think the last time I disliked a Tales game was probably Abyss and Symphonia, but I love the rest, but I like those two more than Zestiria. That's DEFINITELY saying something.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
Manibrandr System

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I did enjoy Abyss, it had some nice things going for it, and that was when Sakuraba decided to dip his toes into metal. I mean...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyKczMV2ZGs

I headbanged to this. Very Happy
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't like Luke and for me it was a very irritating ~10-15 first hours with him being a little shit. I kept going for Jade and Anise because i liked them, but otherwise I was pretty... eh...... on the game itself.

But it was still better than Zestiria. Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
Manibrandr System

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Luke was a bit of a butthead, but that's kind of why I like him, it's a refreching change to the typical goody-two-shoes protagonists that have been in the roster until now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: