TerraEarth Forums

[Weekly Polls #10] Pokemon Starter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Interests Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What start pokemon was your favorite in Pokemon Red / Blue?
Squirtle
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Charmander
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Bulbasaur
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
I love them all equally.
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
None of them really impressed me all that much.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:21 pm   Post subject: [Weekly Polls #10] Pokemon Starter Reply with quote

Yes I am aware of the irony of the name here, but let's rush past it. So folks, Wednesday Weekly Polls.

Here's a classic dilemma. I'm playing Pokemon Silver now to slowly close the gap between me and the onslaught of Pokemon history. For a good chunk of my life though I was a dedicated Gen 1-er. I mean Pokemon Red/ Blue, eventually Yellow, Pokemon Snap, Pokemon Stadium, the first season of the anime and the first few generations of the TCG - this is a solid basis for a lifetime of childhood nostalgia. And let's not forget that amazing Pokemon TCG Gameboy game which I am playing slowly but surely and loving (it's almost as good as having actual friends who still play the card game, lol. But Magic FTW on that front).

So the question that everybody and their brother has asked - what starter do you use?

For me, it was always Squirtle. For one, I thought he was adorable and that basis formed my lifelong love of water types (why yes I did choose Totodile in Silver, how'd you guess?) But his stats play out too. He can learn STRENGTH and SURF, he has great defense, and his later moves can pummel through just about anything that Gary can dish out.

But I've played with both others on one or two occasions. Charmander's reputation is well deserved especially when he gets to higher levels (he seriously lacks for fire moves early on though). Bulbasaur I think gets a little too much abuse - in the hands of a competent trainer he's amazing and early on moves like Leech Seed can make your life so easy. But I found Squirtle to be the most agreeable to me personally.

What about you guys?

Rest in peace, old avatar.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I love em all equally. I generally will do the transfer trick to get them all, but generally water starters stay in my party the longest, though they all do get some love from me by my swapping them out in my party if I actually get far enough for it.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

blue/red pokemon master here.

most of the time I took bulbasaur or squirtle, they both aren't good in the endgame though. charizard sucks especially because of the FLY-weaknesses. my team always consisted of psycho-pokemon, with a obligatory Chansey or Dragonite mixed in.
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have come to the conclusion that Bulbasaur was the best starter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Interests Board All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: