Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blade
Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:

will you finish it now that you're back? which of the countries you liked most? if I ever visit SE-asia, I think it will be vietnam. I heard life is more organized than the other countries. although all of SE-asia is a region I have very low on my list. japan would be more interesting, although I would like to work there for several months instead of a vacation (which has a 0% chance of happening Very Happy )

I lent my Framemeister to a friend, and the weather is getting better and better, so I won't play any games in the coming months.

But I'll start again once autumn or alot of free time kicks in, and maybe record my run. For real this time. I did start out, but due to some mess up, I lost a whole day of playing and thought "screw it."

'Nam is quite modern, but also busy in the cities. If you like it rough and rural, Myanmar is the place to go. Cambodia' Angkor Wat is mindblowing aswell.

I actually work in Japan for 3 months, in a tea factory, by sheer luck. Best job ever.
At home, all I ever had was odd-jobs, callcenter & hotelreception. Nothing to go but away after a few years :/ (or towards a burnout)
I'm dreaming of a job with average income that doesn't eat my brain for dinner.

That, and my girlfriend walked a year ago, so I quit my job and went back to SE Asia again. 2 months only, this time.

And of course I tried lots of Pho Smile

psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Blade wrote:
psychokind wrote:

will you finish it now that you're back? which of the countries you liked most? if I ever visit SE-asia, I think it will be vietnam. I heard life is more organized than the other countries. although all of SE-asia is a region I have very low on my list. japan would be more interesting, although I would like to work there for several months instead of a vacation (which has a 0% chance of happening Very Happy )

I lent my Framemeister to a friend, and the weather is getting better and better, so I won't play any games in the coming months.

But I'll start again once autumn or alot of free time kicks in, and maybe record my run. For real this time. I did start out, but due to some mess up, I lost a whole day of playing and thought "screw it."

'Nam is quite modern, but also busy in the cities. If you like it rough and rural, Myanmar is the place to go. Cambodia' Angkor Wat is mindblowing aswell.

I actually work in Japan for 3 months, in a tea factory, by sheer luck. Best job ever.
At home, all I ever had was odd-jobs, callcenter & hotelreception. Nothing to go but away after a few years :/ (or towards a burnout)

That, and my girlfriend walked a year ago, so I quit my job and went back to SE Asia again. 2 months only, this time.

how was it in japan? did you break through the xenophobia?

you should try working for the government. relaxing enough, and the income is average enough.

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Blade wrote:
psychokind wrote:

You know what they say, when life gives you lemons, make lemon tea. Very Happy

Sorry about your girlfriend, but hey, at least you're alive and traveling around the world. Kind of like a modern day Ark, right?

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Sat May 04, 2019 9:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:

you should try working for the government. relaxing enough, and the income is average enough.

I shaved my beard to beat the Xenophobia xD also, I stayed with a host, and they introduced me to people, so they trusted me more easily.

Any further suggestion for the government? Only foreign affairs are actively looking for people. To go abroad ^^

@Val: yeah, I'm actually reliefed. At least she didn't try to kill me as a baby when I reincarnated into this world xD

psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 2:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Blade wrote:
psychokind wrote:

I shaved my beard to beat the Xenophobia xD also, I stayed with a host, and they introduced me to people, so they trusted me more easily.

Any further suggestion for the government? Only foreign affairs are actively looking for people. To go abroad ^^

@Val: yeah, I'm actually reliefed. At least she didn't try to kill me as a baby when I reincarnated into this world xD

well what kind of education do you have actually? "working for the government" can mean literally anything, since the government employs everything from gardeners to architects - at least in germany. without education there's always the possibility to settle for easier (but very boring) jobs, like working in an archive.

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Blade wrote:
psychokind wrote:
blade pls respond

Sorry ^^ I was busy with my trip, but I'm back in Austria.
I didn't visit any major key places. On my first SE Asia trip I went to Japan and Tokyo, but neither did I visit a police station nor the sewers ^^

This time I went to Thailand, Myanmar and Vietnam.

I did indeed need a time out, and I wanted to escape the January & February weather in Europe. No gf, just a dead-end job, so nothing to really hold me back. I'm back now, and struggling to find a good, fulfilling job that doesn't chew me up.

Terranigma just has alot of links to real-life.
I did a 10 day meditation course in Thailand, that, with paying attention to the game NPCs who talk about death/rebirth & religion, you find some traits of Bhuddism in the game...!

Speaking of saddest moments, the feeling of betrayal after Beruga's Lab and in Stockholm is always overwhelming. It gets me seriously angry...
But yeah, the dead aries in the mountains, the epidemic in Neo Tokyo, and the one way trip back to the Underworld are intense too...

Especially after my very first playthrough as a kid, going back to the underworld, and hearing the eerie, dramatic theme again in what felt like AGES was soo chilling.

One more funny story concerning the game and my recent trip:

I got caught up with travel preparations, and time was running out to actually finish the game. So on the day of departure (airplane takes off at 11:30 pm) I finally finish my packing, and I start up the game one last time, not sure if I can beat it in time.

I'm lvl 30 and on the airship, and the soon-dramatic climax of the game, and the happy nervous anxiety of going on a major trip mixed up. I knew the deadline to leave for the airport was 08:30 pm, and I kid you not, I return to the underworld at 08:15 pm Laughing

So alot of dialogue and waiting happens in game, and I just think "I need to keep playing, I can't leave this unfinished."

But I'm only lvl 30, and I die to the second boss. No time to level up and go again, I just look at the SNES and think "Ok you beat me, but I'm coming back for you.", grab my backpack, get to the airport and fly to South East Asia.

What a way to start a trip, shaken - from my favourite video game Smile

Major bump, after 5 years! and possible spoilers if you haven't 100%ed the game

So in this thread I told you that I hadn't played the game in 11 years, and couldnt beat it right before I left for Thailand in 2019. Well after returning home, I never got around to beat the final boss or replayed the game. Until now.

Another 5 years went by, I found not one but two great jobs and was in an amazing relationship for more than a year (that unfortunately didn't work out in the end).
So a few weeks into 2024 on a sick leave, I replayed Terranigma again, and ooh boy... Crying or Very sad it still got me on the verge of tears.

Experiencewise, the 5 year gap was not as intense as the 10-11 year gap, of course I know the game by heart, but I took my time to explore every corner and talk to every NPC.
But a few things felt like Isaw them for the very first time, and that is amazing for a game that I've played so often and loved for so long, but it's easy: I think I never 100%ed the game (and in fact didn't this time either). looking at Aloha and Goldcoast, I never fully evolve the cities.
And I was heartbroken to find out, that Goldcoast gets a Zoo where all the animals from Sanctum are trapped Mad Crying or Very sad

Other than that, I beat the game/the final boss for the fist time in over 15 years, and the diagolgues that play out afterwards were just refreshingly unfamiliar, and the credit theme/Ark's last dream music got me super sad.

You create heaven and earth, and yet, what you create castsit's own shadows, with technologies taking over and mankind losing their connection to nature and mistreating it...a great message to unleash on kids/young teenagers, I must say Love

For my next playthrough, I will definitely wait another 10 years.
I will abstain myself for this game, like Elle/Melina suffered for a year in Astarica to become a goddess, or like Yomi/Fluffy slept in pandora's box waiting for the hero to wake him...

psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Blade wrote:

For my next playthrough, I will definitely wait another 10 years.
I will abstain myself for this game, like Elle/Melina suffered for a year in Astarica to become a goddess, or like Yomi/Fluffy slept in pandora's box waiting for the hero to wake him...

quite poetic Love

I can't believe you just found out about the zoo Very Happy you know about what happens to the king bird do you?

Quote:

You create heaven and earth, and yet, what you create castsit's own shadows, with technologies taking over and mankind losing their connection to nature and mistreating it...a great message to unleash on kids/young teenagers, I must say Love

and this is so much more true in modern times than it was back then if you think about it. I attribute a lot of my good traits to me being influenced by Terranigma, and I always had a huge wall in my head seperating the technological from the real world, which has paid so much dividence. I hope I can relay that to my girls as they grow up (or maybe I don't have to because they start playing Terranigma every year Very Happy )
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a while since I played it completely too, but every time it always gets me emotional haha. I agree with psychokind tho, very poetic in your thoughts about it!

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Terranigma All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: