TerraEarth Forums

Soul Blazer uncersored

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steppolo Steppi
Level 3: Cadet

Gems 93

PostSteppolo Steppi Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:19 pm   Post subject: Soul Blazer uncersored Reply with quote

Hi there to all of you guys! I am a simple fella with the passion for Rpgs and video games. Some years ago I played Soul Blazer on my modded Wii and completed it fully. Afterwards I decided to get a Super Famicom console and that was the best decision I ever took. Anyway enough with the rumbling fumbling and let's get straight into it. After playing Soul Blazer I was left scratching my head because of the piss poor phrasing and akward translation, sometimes even questioning my own knowledge of english language. I have been doing small hacks of GBC and GB games, mostly translating into Italian for my own pleasure, never releasing anything to the public. Using simple tools like hex editor and a table file I decided to take the matter in my own hands, so I re- localized Soul Blazer into English, using some of my own ideas, using Japanese translation engines online and a lot of material found in this awesome forum.( Many thanks to Shiva Indis for his amazing work clarifying the Japanese text, without his work I am pretty sure I would not be able to do what I did, my knowledge of Japanese is non existent...) Without further ado I present to all you Blazers my retranslated Soul Blazer! (Beware before downloading: I took my own liberties with this, since you guys must understand, that in the game image there is a certain space for each sentence you must respect, and if you wish to insert longer sentences, you must expand the image size and manually re-point the text inside of it, thus taking long time and requiring a much solid knowledge of romhacking, that I certainly do not have as of now.) P.S (I am currently redoing even Illusion of Gaia as of now and later planning to fix Terranigma and Slapstick too, I will keep you guys updated when I have more material to show!).
https://youtu.be/pUg2Ct9KJdE
Link with latest Update on the patch
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlblqVvzJyMVgSdnyglvAWqag5fx
Please give me feed back if there is something that can be upgraded/changed I will try my best to make everybody happy.

Last edited by Steppolo Steppi on Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:07 pm; edited 5 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Admin approved; link is: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AFblqVvzJyMVgSE (copy the rest, it won't let me link, likely because of the pesky ! in the link)
I'll see if I can't patch up a rom to play it.

...and just in case, yes, I do own an actual cartridge copy so I'm legal to get a rom dump of this game. Razz

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Steppolo Steppi

Gems 93

PostSteppolo Steppi Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiny patch update to fix some details in the Game to eliminate grammar errors spotted. Enjoy
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlblqVvzJyMVgSdnyglvAWqag5fx
Also updated link to the first page
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Steppolo Steppi

Gems 93

PostSteppolo Steppi Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:05 pm   Post subject: This patch was too clunky and not substantial nuff Reply with quote

After some years spent dwelling and delving deeper into the rom hacking world, I managed to crack the graphic compression of SB and I'm ready to present a new patch with the JPN graphics restored. Text is left untouched aon still in need of someone who can read and translate japanese
https://1drv.ms/u/s!At1jAuYLx7v2cqRpXsV_4hfiV2I?e=EZld48
Enjoy fellas!
Steppolo Steppi

Gems 93

PostSteppolo Steppi Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Beta patch of Soul Blazer Restored is out, the dialogues are translated up till the beginning of Greenwood Forest and everything from graphics to gameplay to menu text and various names are fully translated/ restored to their original form (No pun intended). Anyhow stay tuned for more!
Link to my one drive folder to download the patch.
Instructions on how to patch are in the read me file.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!At1jAuYLx7v2c8zny1rvhADAvM0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Soul Blazer All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: