TerraEarth Forums

Writing For TEvember

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> TerraEarth Fanworks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:15 am   Post subject: Writing For TEvember Reply with quote

Because why not? I'll keep all my stuff confined here so it doesn't clutter up the forums too much. Wink I did this (and have done for the past few years) sort of writing challenge for FFXIV stuff in September, but it's a good way to continue writing without worrying about editing and making perfect. So, that's what I'm doin' here. Very Happy I won't do the same with a theme, just write whatever comes to mind but it must have to do with TE and our little built up world. Any legends that I come up with will also be migrated over to the History section (since that's where they should be for my version of things) though!

So without further ado...

--------------

Blood pounded through her body, and she could hear every beat, every whoosh as she fought the fiend. The figure soared through the treetops, gliding almost as if she were the wind itself; winding around the branches and leaves to avoid the fiend's reach, let alone its gaze: one that, if not avoided or looked at, would render one's body useless and a meal for this monster.

And that's why it had to die.

It had been wrecking havoc among the villages, leaving some nothing but piles of wreckage and fires and either half-eaten bodies or none at all. She had been hunting this thing for days, and finally found it in a post-food haze; the task had been handed down from the Astarican elders: kill it before it killed more. So, she did what any of the hunters should do, and tracked it here. She just had to be lucky and kill it, but it certainly wasn't going down without a fight!

Finally, an opening! She had finally outpaced it and 'lost' it: it was frantically looking for the Astarican who had eluded it, and that's when she struck. Jumping on its' head from behind, blades were sunk down into it's head as hard as they could be, and with a loud, pained SCREECH it fell, twitching as life finally left its eyes and body. Shouts came from around her, likely the other hunters who had been hunting this prey. It was enough that she was the victorious one, though she still stood on top of the corpse, smirking, before raising one of her blades into the air.

This one was hers, and no one would be trying to take credit for it this time.

(Music: End of the Unknown)

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Day 2! I had 8 shots of Depresso (god I hate depression) so something light for today is... probably more in my wheelhouse today haha.

-----------

The mornings in the Admin Tower were always so calming.

The sounds of crashing and yelling over where clean clothes were.

The sound of coffee mugs shattering because there was a spider on the wall next to the coffee pot.

The sounds of a personal bodyguard smashing said spider, complete with "HOW DARE YOU SCARE THE KWEEN!" with something that was likely not just a slipper or rolled up newspaper and was probably more like a heavy shield.

...followed by the sound of "Oh... oh Boxxle damn it I'm going to have to pay for that, aren't I?"

The chaos was now a comfort for poor eFlare, who really just wanted a cuppa in peace at least one morning, but there was something about the way the laughter after all of these events unfolded that brought joy and warmth into the otherwise cold, metal and marble halls of the Admin Tower to echo around them.

It just cost some money for upkeep. Maybe it really should come out of their salaries...

(Music: Cats On Mars - Yoko Kanno)

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Manibrandr System
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

These are pretty good so far. I should get back into doing something writing wise myself.
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got things written for the past few days, but /gestures at the state of the US

I'll get them posted later. Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Just gonna... add some day to day stuff here over the course of the next few days so I'm not spamming here Scared

------------
Day 3:

Lights
Falling from the starry sky
Covering
The Earth in a blanket of radiance
The
Sound of tribal drums fills the air
Land
Trembles under feet dancing
Rejoice!
For the darkness is washed away
Light
Has returned to the world this night
Reigning
Over the Astaricans
Forever
Showing their victory over the Moon

------------

Day 4:

The best way to anger a pilot of one of the only real planes in all of TerraEarth?

Work on the Red Riotz without actually telling that pilot that it was getting a wash and a once-over for any problems.

Deathpit stormed through the hangar, yelling his demands for who decided to touch his plane and who decided to not tell him about it. Many of the workers, regardless if they were official Admin Tower personnel, were looking between each other confused.

"We thought this request came from you?"

That got a roar of anger in response. "Why would I say to do so without my being present?! That's ridiculous!"

It was then that he heard a snicker behind him, making Deathpit whirl around to see who was laughing at him, bringing him face to face with his immediate crew: Blade, Aoiga, and Tay.

"Sorry, sorry, boss... we couldn't help it," Aoiga said through stifled snickers and quieted laughs. "Things had been pretty smooth lately, we had to bring in a little chaos."

"Yeah, we've been here the entire time watching them to make sure they don't mess things up," Blade grinned. "But we were wondering when it would finally reach your ears."

"As if we'd let anything happen to the Red Riotz! You have to have more faith in us, boss!" Tay laughed openly, which got the other two laughing. Deathpit didn't look too amused, but finally a wicked smile spread over his lips.

"Well, if you want to be like that... I guess I know who can clean the inside of the plane from top to bottom, huh?!" And with that, lunged to grab at least two of his crewmates in headlocks while Blade danced away.

Laughter throughout the hangar was much better than yelling and anger any day.

------------

Day 5:

The problem with being seen as 'evil' in TerraEarth was how people avoided you. And Psychokind's group wasn't EVIL per se, they just saw how their world was being run and disagreed with it, was all! Seeing the way that places would lock their doors when he tried to darken the doorway, how people cowered... was it any wonder they wanted to run things differently?

He'd always wondered if he could just talk to eFlare and Raini about changing things, but what good would that do? He'd be in the same place as before, and what would EverPhoenix, Muerte, and Hammerit think if he did? Plus, that dumb bodyguard of Raini's would probably just chase him away anyway.

...well, no use thinking about it too hard. It was another day, after all, and one that could be used thinking about how to better their world his group's way.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> TerraEarth Fanworks All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: