TerraEarth Forums

What happened to the queens three sons?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steeloid
Level 1: Huball

Gems 20

PostSteeloid Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:08 am   Post subject: What happened to the queens three sons? Reply with quote

Since the first time I played Terranigma I've been wondering what happened to them and yet there's little to no mention anywhere on the net about this as if no one else is curious about what could of happened. Columbus knows but he said he'd only tell the "true hero". Is it possible to talk to him after Ark gets switched with the "true hero" and gets the sword and armor in Stockholm? I don't recall being able to find Columbus after rescuing him from the castle but if I did he probably just said what I mentioned above about the hero. Can someone answer this question? or did the developers just forget about Columbus resulting in a plot hole? which by the way would suck. I just really want to know and I'm probably not the only one who's curious about it (at least I hope so).
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:14 pm   Post subject: Re: What happened to the queens three sons? Reply with quote

Steeloid wrote:
Since the first time I played Terranigma I've been wondering what happened to them and yet there's little to no mention anywhere on the net about this as if no one else is curious about what could of happened. Columbus knows but he said he'd only tell the "true hero". Is it possible to talk to him after Ark gets switched with the "true hero" and gets the sword and armor in Stockholm? I don't recall being able to find Columbus after rescuing him from the castle but if I did he probably just said what I mentioned above about the hero. Can someone answer this question? or did the developers just forget about Columbus resulting in a plot hole? which by the way would suck. I just really want to know and I'm probably not the only one who's curious about it (at least I hope so).

he's waiting for you at the gate to the underworld before the final boss so to speak. he gives a farewell speech and tells you that you can't return once you leave the overworld. he's also sadly speaking about the humans and their evolution, where computers make his navigation skills obsolete and look inferior.

Gems 20

PostSteeloid Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

What exactly does he say? does he mention the queens sons? I don't want to play through the whole game again just for the purpose of finding out.
Steeloid

Gems 20

PostSteeloid Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:08 am   Post subject: Re: What happened to the queens three sons? Reply with quote

Now that I think of it your right, but if he told me about the queen's sons I wouldn't be here asking about it so my question still stand's "What actually happened to them?" Did the dev's leave any kind of answer to this question at all?
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

here's the text dump:

Columbus: It's been a long time Ark. I never forgot for a second how you saved me at Sylvain Castle. I traveled around the globe since then. And I saw as much as I could. The world has truly changed. Airplanes... Computers... My navigation techniques appear primitive now. I heard of you while on my travels. I became convinced that you are the legendary hero. It is prophesied that the hero will disappear under ground. Are you going?

Not yet. / Of course.
(if you choose "Not yet.")
Columbus: When I go on explorations, even I get cautious. It's essential for survival!
(if you choose "Of course.")
Ark: I have to finish cleaning up what I caused.

Columbus: I see... I won't try to stop you. But you may never be able to come back to the surface
world. Maybe you should record your journey first. That is all I will say to you.

Gems 20

PostSteeloid Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I was right he didn't mention the queen's sons at all. Did the dev's really leave
their fate a mystery or is there still an answer to my question somewhere in the game that no one has found yet?
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

well columbo said:

People probably believe this. I was unjustly jailed because the 3 Sylvain Princes died
on my voyage. But that isn't the truth. Perhaps I accepted torture for atoning my own human greed.
Loire's King, Sylvain's Queen. Those in power are always the same. I'm sorry but I cannot tell even
you the real reason. When the true hero is born, I plan to reveal my secret.

I don't think he meant to reveal why the 3 princes died, but the secret to why he was tortured or not?

Gems 20

PostSteeloid Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:38 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The queen blamed him for the loss of her sons that's why he was tortured
Presumably he wouldn't tell her what actually happened to them. After being saved Columbus said:

Quote:
When the true hero is born, I plan to reveal my secret

This is the problem, even after the events in Stockholm when the ark from the surface (the true hero) takes over he still doesn't reveal it. It's this secret of his that I'm so interested in. Does he ever reveal it at all? Is it written down somewhere in the game? Or did the dev's just completely forget about it?
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure they never revealed it unfortunately
Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not backed up by anything in the game, but as a kid, I always thought they died due to the plague or some other sea-related illness.

We can also speculate that perhaps the sea ghosts took them (the ghosts when Ark travels from Europe to North America for the first time.

Or maybe her sons are the 3 sea ghosts.

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the reason the Queen was so angry was because she lost her sons on Columbus' ship. So either a storm and they went overboard, failed mutiny, etc. could have happened. As far as I remember they never go into it, and I can't find anything historical that could have happened. I can't find a JP text dump, so I'm not really able to just.. translate (kinda) on what may have been an answer.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Terranigma All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: