TerraEarth Forums

The Weekend From Hell
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

SBiF, if I may recommend a comic (heh, yes, a comic)... even my bf went "Wow, that's how I think..." at it. It's a manga called "Saikano". It's one of the most depressing things' I've read, seriously...

A breakdown of the manga (it's a bit opposite of you, but it's still one of those things that makes you think):
A guy has everything he ever wants... he has a cute (but shy) girlfriend...and everything is cool. The girl has loved this guy since middle school, and is happy they're dating. But, some unfortunate things happen to their relationship, mainly her turning into a military weapon.

I won't give up too much more than that, but trust me, it's one of those gut-wrenching series.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

rainichan wrote:
But, some unfortunate things happen to their relationship, mainly her turning into a military weapon.

I won't give up too much more than that, but trust me, it's one of those gut-wrenching series.

Isn't it true we're all weapons, and tools in some way? Whether or not we realize it, there are forces that use us, and alot of life is beyond our control. (All of life is actually beyond our control)

I had a miserable night at work but I'm trying to not let it get to me, cause why should it? I know at any time I could up and quit, and they'd be screwed, not me. As a matter of fact, there's alot of people who recognize me as a hard worker (I work my hardest even though I'm injured) and it's just distressing, cause one co-worker is constantly pushing my buttons. I've finally come to the point where I'm ready to say something- either at her at my supervisor (Who already doesn't like said person ;D)

I won't quit, because I'm proving myself- to my family and friends. No one expected me to keep this job as long as I have, and I will continue to perservere, because I want to prove everyone wrong.

Anyways, If I let it get to me, they've won. Instead, I'll put that negative energy to good use- PMS to PMA, as my boss says... (Positive Mental Attitude =P) So, in a nutshell, I'll just work harder, to prove to that person, and others; I'm still here, and I won't quit until I have fully proven myself.

SBiF
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
Manibrandr System
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Atta boy! Show 'em the force of nature that you are. Very Happy
Previously known as Aoiga

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Resident

Gems 1,121

Postblueisalive Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about all that stuff, man. I really do.

I will be confronting my worst fear in 2 months, so I will be able to share it with yall then. Until then, just let me tell you I understand. I understand how it feels when all the world is betraying you and all your hopes are dying. I constantly feel like my family is going to turn on me and I have felt that way for years.

It's odd, I am somehow torn between wanting to start a family of my own to make up for some of the mistakes my family has made towards me and not wanting to bring a human into the world so they won't experience (even by accident) what I have experienced.

Just let me tell you, the majority of my emotional problems involve death.

Yay! I won something!
Thanx raini for the great sigs!
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Very true...but at one point in the series (where it starts getting real depressing) she tells her boyfriend that her body can't go back to being human (she even tells her boyfriend that even though she feels her heart beating, she can't hear it anymore).

I think a lot of people have that problem, but I wish you luck SBiF. =D

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I can feel at times I'm different- hell, I know I'm different. I feel sometimes like I'm not supposed to be here, that things are supposed to be different. I get these eye-opening moments where I realize where I am, as if I'd been in a dark place, where my mind subconciously knew where it was, but on the surface I didn't realize it. So, I guess I can say, for what it's worth, thanks everyone...

Aoiga, just to let you know... you can tell us whatever you want. Or if not, you could just PM me about it if you just want to talk to one person about it, or not, that's fine... sometimes the best way to get through things is doing it by ourselves- and others, sometimes it's important to let someone help you through it.

SBiF
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
Coz
Level 12: Soul Knight

Resident

Gems 6,017

PostCoz Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I confess I *just* read the first post. Also I didn't read the journal.

Anyways, yes people is stupid. There is a little problem... there are too many of them!!!

I find that thinking about the shitty things that happen to me just hinder my advancements. So my recomendation would be to do your best effort to endure whatever happens to you and go on.
Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

If everyone took the easy way out (gun to the head) when things got tough, there'd be no one left alive. Life isn't meant to be easy, it's meant to be work. The fun and good times are earned.

Manibrandr System

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck, if life is really just a piece of cake, I might just shoot myself in the foot to make things interesting. XD
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch. That could possibly hurt though. Pain is a bad thing.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
Blade

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Freedan, the Dark Knight wrote:
If everyone took the easy way out (gun to the head) when things got tough, there'd be no one left alive. Life isn't meant to be easy, it's meant to be work. The fun and good times are earned.

*applause*
Coz
Level 12: Soul Knight

Resident

Gems 6,017

PostCoz Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree. For me life doesn't has a "meaning". It isn't meant to be for work, it isn't meant to be for fun. It just is. You might want to think that there is something you have to do. Religion is mostly that, a way to explain what happens after we die and to find a meaning.

For me, what your life is meant to be, is what you want it to be. No supreme entity or comunity gives you orders about what you have to do. You do that part by yourself for yourself.
blueisalive
Previously known as Aoiga

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Resident

Gems 1,121

Postblueisalive Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

SoulBlazerFan wrote:
Aoiga, just to let you know... you can tell us whatever you want. Or if not, you could just PM me about it if you just want to talk to one person about it, or not, that's fine... sometimes the best way to get through things is doing it by ourselves- and others, sometimes it's important to let someone help you through it.

SBiF
Thanks alot, SBiF. But I decided I would really start talking about it if the problem isn't solved by then. The reason involves other people who know I am here who might affect the problem. It's a very delicate situation, but I think I have it figured out. Thanks.

But really, please talk to us about any of your problems, I would love it if I could help you out someway.

Yay! I won something!
Thanx raini for the great sigs!
Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Coz wrote:

I disagree. For me life doesn't has a "meaning". It isn't meant to be for work, it isn't meant to be for fun. It just is. You might want to think that there is something you have to do. Religion is mostly that, a way to explain what happens after we die and to find a meaning.

For me, what your life is meant to be, is what you want it to be. No supreme entity or comunity gives you orders about what you have to do. You do that part by yourself for yourself.

Fair enough. I'm not going to get in to a whole "meaning of life" debate though, so we can just agree to disagree.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: