TerraEarth Forums

Welcome your new pope
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blueisalive
Previously known as Aoiga

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Resident

Gems 1,121

Postblueisalive Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Muerte wrote:
argh ... its not about the pope, or what he has or hasn't done ... regardless he is who he is ... but it isn't about the pope ... i don't care what the pope did or does ... what i care about is the fact that you are putting other people down because they believe differently ... and they didn't say they believe either ... they said that they had read somewhere ... but taking it to heart you ridiculed them for that ... and if you keep on doing that you may find yourself accidently insulting people a lot ... thus more people wont like you ... even if you are right and they are wrong and there are a million facts to prove it you still have no right to try and make them feel like idiots, what im saying is that you should feel bad about it, and you should apologize for it to coz and oc ... however this is only a minor thing where they probably will not care ... but someday in doing the same thing you may really hurt someone by disregarding what they think and basically calling them an idiot for thinking that ... this isn't religion, or law, or any junk like that ... this is being a good person
For the last time, I am not getting mad at Oc or Coz because they believe differently. I am mad at them because they are going out of their way to say someone lied to them when they weren't in anyway negatively affected by it.

C'mon, Muerte. I am not mean to believe who believe differently than me. In all ways I am trying to educate. But would you like to hear a 6 and a half hour news report on something that never even happened in the first place? No. People don't want to waste their time like that. It's not like I am asking anything extra ordinary from them. I disagree with what they said, so I want proof. People don't give me proof and you said I am acting immoral. That doesn't make sense to me.

And Muerte, I have already had alot of abuse from various online people before so it's nothing new. I just tell how I feel. I felt they said something insultive toward a specific person or a group of people I feel compassion for so I view it as immoral if I didn't stand up.

@Raini: I am just stating what I read out of the history books. Consult the publishers about it, not me. I was focussing more on his extraordinary torture methods anyway.

Yay! I won something!
Thanx raini for the great sigs!
Muerte
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Aoiga wrote:
For the last time, I am not getting mad at Oc or Coz because they believe differently. I am mad at them because they are going out of their way to say someone lied to them when they weren't in anyway negatively affected by it.

C'mon, Muerte. I am not mean to believe who believe differently than me. In all ways I am trying to educate. But would you like to hear a 6 and a half hour news report on something that never even happened in the first place? No. People don't want to waste their time like that. It's not like I am asking anything extra ordinary from them. I disagree with what they said, so I want proof. People don't give me proof and you said I am acting immoral. That doesn't make sense to me.

And Muerte, I have already had alot of abuse from various online people before so it's nothing new. I just tell how I feel. I felt they said something insultive toward a specific person or a group of people I feel compassion for so I view it as immoral if I didn't stand up.

@Raini: I am just stating what I read out of the history books. Consult the publishers about it, not me. I was focussing more on his extraordinary torture methods anyway.

but they weren't going out of their way, they said something that they had read ... they didn't say they were right ... they were stating a possibility ... that is all ... its not that you were mean ... its that you were insulting to them ... you say they don't have proof, what proof do you have either? ... they have text written by someone ... you have text or audio written or spoken by someone ...

what is it that they said that was insultive? ... they didn't say he was evil ... they didn't say joining hitler youth was evil ... they just said that they've heard that he may has joined it voluntarily ...

im not trying to abuse you ... im trying to help you and maybe people you might meet later in your life ... because the way you are thinking at the moment in my oppinion can be quite destructive for other people ... and in turn hurting yourself ... im not saying don't stand up for your beliefs ... just don't insult theirs in doing so ... state your points, your proofs and whatnot ... but don't just say they are wrong and therefore stupid
blueisalive

Resident

Gems 1,121

Postblueisalive Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Muerte wrote:
but they weren't going out of their way, they said something that they had read ... they didn't say they were right ... they were stating a possibility ... that is all ... its not that you were mean ... its that you were insulting to them ... you say they don't have proof, what proof do you have either? ... they have text written by someone ... you have text or audio written or spoken by someone ...

what is it that they said that was insultive? ... they didn't say he was evil ... they didn't say joining hitler youth was evil ... they just said that they've heard that he may has joined it voluntarily ...

im not trying to abuse you ... im trying to help you and maybe people you might meet later in your life ... because the way you are thinking at the moment in my oppinion can be quite destructive for other people ... and in turn hurting yourself ... im not saying don't stand up for your beliefs ... just don't insult theirs in doing so ... state your points, your proofs and whatnot ... but don't just say they are wrong and therefore stupid
Muerte, reality check... All history was text, video, or audio written by someone. Like I said, if you can't trust sources, how can you believe anything you haven't experienced first hand. Some sources lie more than others so some are more reliable. I am just saying my sources are highly reliable and they said he didn't do it.

Why don't they argue about other things then. Everyday there are accidents everyday but no one bothers to see if they were really commited by murderers because they are too busy commenting on popular 'trend topics' like this one.

They said he might have and I said he didn't. We were both stating our beliefs from different sources. End of story.

Yay! I won something!
Muerte

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, i know all history was text, video, audio, pictorial etc ... but once again we come to the point where i say my argument has nothing to do with the pope, history etc ... i may use these to try and make you understand ... but let me put it simply ...

they weren't arguing, pointing out a possibility isn't arguing

you said he didn't ... okay ... now here's the bit where im trying to show you ... in the way you said he didn't ...

you could have said something like

i'm sorry, but i disagree with that statement, i think that isn't how it happened, so i will have to still agree with my previous statements

rather than the way you stated your belief that you got from a different source
blueisalive

Resident

Gems 1,121

Postblueisalive Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Muerte wrote:
yes, i know all history was text, video, audio, pictorial etc ... but once again we come to the point where i say my argument has nothing to do with the pope, history etc ... i may use these to try and make you understand ... but let me put it simply ...

they weren't arguing, pointing out a possibility isn't arguing

you said he didn't ... okay ... now here's the bit where im trying to show you ... in the way you said he didn't ...

you could have said something like

i'm sorry, but i disagree with that statement, i think that isn't how it happened, so i will have to still agree with my previous statements

rather than the way you stated your belief that you got from a different source

So you are saying I should have said it in a proper way instead of using sarcasm? I understand that they were pointing out the possibility he could have joined voluntarily. But I just said plain and simple he didn't. And my sources are reliable (CNN, The Independent) They weren't trying to argue, nor was I. I was stating what the head hanchos knew, and they were in all probability quoting some geocities homepage. Tongue out

If it is about the way I handled the situation, I understand how you could take offense to it, but I didn't mean it offensively. If they say they were hurt I will apologize for speaking that way but I am just stating how proposterous that was to me since it had been covered a million times already by the news the last 3 weeks.

And also Muerte, I am not stupid. I understand the scope of this argument is way beyond this one issue.

Yay! I won something!
Muerte

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

most people would count the way you said it to be far more than just a sarcastic remark, especially over the net when the voice can't retransmit the sarcasm

i wasn't offended, i just think you should be a little more cautious at times in what you say
blueisalive

Resident

Gems 1,121

Postblueisalive Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Muerte wrote:
most people would count the way you said it to be far more than just a sarcastic remark, especially over the net when the voice can't retransmit the sarcasm

i wasn't offended, i just think you should be a little more cautious at times in what you say
I promise I will. This time will be my last. I think I am starting to get things a little better now.

Yay! I won something!
Manibrandr System
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Divine Champion wrote:
I would say after two thousand years of incorruptibility the Church is not so easily corrupted.
*Ex Cathedra = A declaration that a doctrine is infallible (Free from moral or doctrinal error). The Pope has the sole right to declare an Ex Cathedra.

I do believe that these words are mutually contradicting, because in theory, they could declare anything Ex Cathedra, even homophobic passages so blatantly added in the new translations of the new testament.

And Aoiga, I'm going to tell you now that comparing me to Hitler or Stalin was uncalled for and I demand an apology. Mr. Green Seriously, what is wrong with you, can't you go for extended periods of time without antagonizing other's beliefs and theories? And what's with you digging up old grudges in this argument, I've all but forgotten about our little tiff until you mentioned me in your debate like that. I really am disappointed in you, I thought your attitude is improving. Mad

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

i blame myself for this ... i should have just let it sit ...
Manibrandr System
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

No Muerte, you were right in confronting him, otherwise he'll keep thinking that he can easily get away with calling theories other than his own as full of shit. Mr. Green

Resident

Gems 1,121

Postblueisalive Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Joan-Michele wrote:
And Aoiga, I'm going to tell you now that comparing me to Hitler or Stalin was uncalled for and I demand an apology. Mr. Green Seriously, what is wrong with you, can't you go for extended periods of time without antagonizing other's beliefs and theories? And what's with you digging up old grudges in this argument, I've all but forgotten about our little tiff until you mentioned me in your debate like that. I really am disappointed in you, I thought your attitude is improving. Mad

Joan, I am sorry. I wasn't trying to compare you to hitler or stalin, I was
more comparing you to their love of interesting torture methods. Laughing

I still don't see why you all think I argued their beliefs because they were different than mine though.

Yay! I won something!
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Arguments are done and over. If there is a call to lock the thread, I'll do it.

Edit: Nevermind, someone called for a thread lock. Enjoy your flight over TerraEarth. Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: