TerraEarth Forums

Welcome your new pope
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Muerte
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Aoiga wrote:
0c. wrote:
Quote:
he actually entered before it was obligatory to enter Hitlers Youth
I read that too. However there are many statements, how about this one:

Mr. R. entered Hitlers Youth and served at the war. As Germany was about to completely lose the war and the glorious Red Army ( Very Happy ) was approaching, he left Germany (like many others did) so the Soviets couldn't catch him and submitted to the church to be save and to prevent punishment.
Therfore he
Quote:
still hold(s) some morals
and stands for a very conservative way of thinking...
wow wow wow liek omg!

Could it be possible a German person could NOT have wanted to join Hitler's Nazi Youth? Surprised

He was forced to join and he tried to escape twice. I don't think there is any need to continually question whether or not he wanted to (he said he didn't, for some reason I like to trust people) because I doubt he would try to join it now. Tongue out

you're saying that as if you are the one who is right ... you ask could it be possible a German person could NOT have wanted to join Hitler's Nazi Youth ... but could it be possible that he did?

they are saying things that may be, you are saying it isn't true ... you are stating that he WAS forced ... but how do you know for sure? ... can't just be because he said so? ... that would be sort of naive to believe that just because he is the new pope he has never or will never lie to make himself look better ... least thats what i think
Freedan
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I read in a biography of him that it was against his will. There's not much out there to dispute that.

Muerte

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

high ranked religious people can't have anything that makes them look bad ... just saying keep ur mind open to the possibility that it may not be true ... even if he willingly joined the Hitler Youth that doesn't change who he is today ... people change ... their ideals change etc ... doesn't mean he's any less of a good/bad person ... judge him by what he does, not what he's done Neutral
blueisalive
Previously known as Aoiga

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Resident

Gems 1,121

Postblueisalive Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Muerte wrote:
high ranked religious people can't have anything that makes them look bad ... just saying keep ur mind open to the possibility that it may not be true ... even if he willingly joined the Hitler Youth that doesn't change who he is today ... people change ... their ideals change etc ... doesn't mean he's any less of a good/bad person ... judge him by what he does, not what he's done Neutral
If it is so unimportant, why are you talking about it?

I think admitting he was Buddhist would cause him enough alarm in the Church.

Yay! I won something!
Thanx raini for the great sigs!
Muerte

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Aoiga wrote:
If it is so unimportant, why are you talking about it?

I'm talking about it because you denied the possibility that it may be true ... but that whether or not it is doesn't change anything whatsoever ... if you hadn't pretty much accused coz and oc of spouting bullcrap in your way of answering then i would have had nothing to say about it whatsoever ... maybe he joined it willingly and found it wasn't his cup of tea then tried to escape twice ... who knows? ... but don't just automatically void their opinions(or maybe opinion isn't the best word, but what they said) because you've read a source that says different ... at least take it into consideration and leave it as a possibility, if an unimportant one
blueisalive

Resident

Gems 1,121

Postblueisalive Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

You must have some supporting facts to question whether or not he liked it.

After all, everyone who ACTUALLY knows him said he didn't like it, and there are reports of him escaping several times, why question it?

Yay! I won something!
Muerte

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, i myself don't think he joined voluntarily or liked it, im just saying don't say that other people are idiots because they say a less popular oppinion ... as for the what people who know him say, maybe he told them to say that? who knows ... like i mentioned maybe he could have joined voluntarily joined it and then found he didn't enjoy it and then decided to try and escape it ... just don't shoot down other peoples theories just because you choose the more popular one ... question it because it can be questioned ... the reason to question everything ... if nobody ever did we'd still think the world was flat Neutral
blueisalive

Resident

Gems 1,121

Postblueisalive Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Muerte wrote:
hey, i myself don't think he joined voluntarily or liked it, im just saying don't say that other people are idiots because they say a less popular oppinion ... as for the what people who know him say, maybe he told them to say that? who knows ... like i mentioned maybe he could have joined voluntarily joined it and then found he didn't enjoy it and then decided to try and escape it ... just don't shoot down other peoples theories just because you choose the more popular one ... question it because it can be questioned ... the reason to question everything ... if nobody ever did we'd still think the world was flat Neutral
Actually, I didn't call anyone an idiot. But if I would, I would be calling them an idiot for supporting Hitler or spreading lies. Think of what I said as more of a warning because alot worse would have come later. If not from me, from my friends.

And also, I think it's idiotic to believe what you believe just because less people believe in it. IE, some people would trust a personal weblog over an official news source because the blog supposedly 'knows what the news will not tell you'. Banging Head

Yay! I won something!
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,507

Postinferiare Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether or not he supported Nazism or not is a moot point. He's Pope now, there's nothing we can do about it. He'll only be around a couple decades more anyway, no use debating over something we can't change. Teh mod has spoken.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Freedan
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

This whole thread lost its point a long time ago.... I got lost in the pointless arguments.

Muerte

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Aoiga wrote:
Actually, I didn't call anyone an idiot. But if I would, I would be calling them an idiot for supporting Hitler or spreading lies. Think of what I said as more of a warning because alot worse would have come later. If not from me, from my friends.

And also, I think it's idiotic to believe what you believe just because less people believe in it. IE, some people would trust a personal weblog over an official news source because the blog supposedly 'knows what the news will not tell you'. Banging Head

call me crazy ... but if someone said to me what you said after coz and oc posted

Quote:
wow wow wow liek omg!

Could it be possible a German person could NOT have wanted to join Hitler's Nazi Youth? :Surprised:

wouldn't you find that insulting aoiga ... thats basically calling someone an idiot ... and i didn't say believe just because less people believe it ... i just said keep an open mind is all and don't believe what you believe just because more people believe it
blueisalive

Resident

Gems 1,121

Postblueisalive Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't have been arguing whether or not someone was in a position others had already continually proven they were not in.

I think he was asking for it. I wish I could find some remorse for what I said, but sorry. I just think the argument is very weak and simply an excuse to point fingers at the pope.

I am a person who is okay with homosexuality, contraception, female priests, and so on but my gosh...

We can talk about what we disagree with the pope about without insisting he wanted to kill Jews. After all, as soon as he left he trained to be a priest. Jesus said to reach out to gentiles and the pope left as soon as he got out of the Nazi youth so it is obvious he had already decided to be a priest while he was in the Nazi Youth.

Yay! I won something!
Muerte

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

i give up ... since i can't think of anymore ways of trying to show you without resorting to arguments that you may not like or feel offended because of, i shall just shake my head and go on with my life knowing that i have failed in trying to help someone
blueisalive

Resident

Gems 1,121

Postblueisalive Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Muerte wrote:
i give up ... since i can't think of anymore ways of trying to show you without resorting to arguments that you may not like or feel offended because of, i shall just shake my head and go on with my life knowing that i have failed in trying to help someone
I would change my mind if you had proof. Which you don't have.

Yay! I won something!
Muerte

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

you aren't looking at the point i am making, you keep on going back to the pope, but it isn't about that Neutral
tell me, what do you think i am saying?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: