TerraEarth Forums

Welcome your new pope
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blueisalive
Previously known as Aoiga

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Resident

Gems 1,121

Postblueisalive Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Muerte wrote:
you aren't looking at the point i am making, you keep on going back to the pope, but it isn't about that Neutral
tell me, what do you think i am saying?

That the argument is just and has evidence to support both claims. I know you are not trying to be offensive, but one side has evidence and one doesn't.

If I put it any other way I would be flat out cursing or lying so I said all I can say and that's how I felt. Sorry if I hurt 0c's feelings, but it was a slap on the wrist. Hitler was BAD. Anyone following Hitler is either mislead, destructive, or metally incoherent.

Yay! I won something!
Thanx raini for the great sigs!
Muerte
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

what evidence does one have? Neutral

Hitler killed people ... Americans, Australians, all other cultures kill people ... just by pollution we kill people, but also animals, plants, life in general ... just because they followed hitler doesn't mean they were destructive or mentally incoherant ... many of those were just people who believed what their leader told them ... you might even think of bush in the same way

Edit: This post drifted away from the point I'm trying to make ... plain and simple ... respect other people's beliefs ... even if theirs do not go hand in hand with yours
Divine Champion
Level 1: Huball

Gems 1,000

PostDivine Champion Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to point out that there HAVE been some heretical, mean and/or dissident Popes. The Catholic Church does not take every word the Pope says as infallible (As many believe to be so), however, he has the authority to do so in certain situations. (When he sits in the chair of St. Peter to declare a Ex Cathedra* for example.)

Muerte, yes is possible that he freely and wantonly joined the Nazi Youth. But that is completely beside the point. Honestly, I try to look at people how they are now, not how they were.

Joan-Michele wrote:
I'm not one for organized religion, they are easily corruptible, so boo for him. Mr. Green

I would say after two thousand years of incorruptibility the Church is not so easily corrupted.

*Ex Cathedra = A declaration that a doctrine is infallible (Free from moral or doctrinal error). The Pope has the sole right to declare an Ex Cathedra.

~Jesus Freak 4 evea.
Muerte

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Divine Champion wrote:
Muerte, yes is possible that he freely and wantonly joined the Nazi Youth. But that is completely beside the point. Honestly, I try to look at people how they are now, not how they were.

I had already said that ... I'm just trying to teach aoiga to respect that other people may think differently from him and he shouldn't ridicule them because of that ... even if their claims have less proof he should probably still consider it as a possibility if an unlikely one ... but even if he doesn't do that he shouldn't so openly insult them
blueisalive

Resident

Gems 1,121

Postblueisalive Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Muerte wrote:
what evidence does one have? Neutral

Hitler killed people ... Americans, Australians, all other cultures kill people ... just by pollution we kill people, but also animals, plants, life in general ... just because they followed hitler doesn't mean they were destructive or mentally incoherant ... many of those were just people who believed what their leader told them ... you might even think of bush in the same way
Bush doesn't kill millions of people because of their race, eye color, sexual orientation, or hair color does he? By polluting we are atleast bring some form of productivity to society when all Hitler did was torture and destroy. And that was his whole purpose for killing the Jews. TO DESTROY.

If you think Bush is in anyway like Hitler or Stalin, then you don't know the stories. Stories like how Hitler made a Jewish woman be held by guards while they grabbed her baby from her and kicked it like a football through the air in front of her. Or how he used them as guinea pigs for experimental drugs and weapons testing. If you were gay, Jewish, handicapped, or in any way imperfect to him and he knew about it - he wanted you to die, slowly and painfully.

Not unlike how Joan has talked about her enemies before. Tongue out

Yay! I won something!
Divine Champion

Gems 1,000

PostDivine Champion Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Muerte wrote:
I had already said that ... I'm just trying to teach aoiga to respect that other people may think differently from him and he shouldn't ridicule them because of that ... even if their claims have less proof he should probably still consider it as a possibility if an unlikely one ... but even if he doesn't do that he shouldn't so openly insult them

Well, I could also point out Muerte that Aoiga never did actually say it was impossible for the Pope to have joined the Nazi Youth wantonly. In fact, you both are in agreement.

~Jesus Freak 4 evea.
Muerte

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

you are still missing the point aoiga ... Neutral
blueisalive

Resident

Gems 1,121

Postblueisalive Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Muerte wrote:

What exactly do you want me 'to get', deathboy?

Yay! I won something!
Muerte

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Divine Champion wrote:
Muerte wrote:

Well, I could also point out Muerte that Aoiga never did actually say it was impossible for the Pope to have joined the Nazi Youth wantonly. In fact, you both are in agreement.

maybe ... but he insulted the intelligence of those said that it was possible Neutral
Muerte

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Aoiga wrote:
Muerte wrote:

What exactly do you want me 'to get', deathboy?

to respect others oppinions whether or no they coincide with yours Neutral

Edit: sorry for the dbl post
blueisalive

Resident

Gems 1,121

Postblueisalive Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Muerte wrote:
I don't disrespecy you or 0c's beliefs, but it ticks me off when people insist their story has more validity than mine when they have less proof than I do.

After all, wouldn't you be calling the pope a liar if you believed that like 0c does? I think that is very insultive.

Yay! I won something!
Muerte

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Aoiga wrote:
Muerte wrote:
I don't disrespecy you or 0c's beliefs, but it ticks me off when people insist their story has more validity than mine when they have less proof than I do.

After all, wouldn't you be calling the pope a liar if you believed that like 0c does? I think that is very insultive.

i already said that i agree that it happened the way most think it did, i agree with the more common oppinion with this matter

i never said that OC's and Coz's had more validty than yours ... i just said consider it as a possibility and don't insult it, and i think i've already said that the pope may, not is a liar, but may have lied about certain things to make him look better, almost everyone does at some point in their life ... have you never lied once? ... or hid the truth? ... or anything like that?

Edit: and by answering the way you did that time you were disrespecting it
blueisalive

Resident

Gems 1,121

Postblueisalive Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Muerte wrote:
Aoiga wrote:
Muerte wrote:

i already said that i agree that it happened the way most think it did, i agree with the more common oppinion with this matter

i never said that OC's and Coz's had more validty than yours ... i just said consider it as a possibility and don't insult it, and i think i've already said that the pope may, not is a liar, but may have lied about certain things to make him look better, almost everyone does at some point in their life ... have you never lied once? ... or hid the truth? ... or anything like that?

Edit: and by answering the way you did that time you were disrespecting it

I have lied before, many times. It is one of my toughest obstacles to overcome, as far as my morality goes. And I don't ever recall stating you agreed with either of them.

Yeah, it's possible he considered it. But he didn't so he didn't commit any sin did he? Why dwell on it? He could have had serious consequences if he didn't join so I don't think it is an appropriate topic to dwell on. There is no evidence, and I don't listen to arguments that present any facts. That is lying, in my eyes. If you, coz, or 0c want to talk to me about something like this, present me some articles. I might consider them then.

Besides, the large majority of Roman history came from one person yet we know so much about how they lived and so on. How can we assume what he said was true? In your belief, how could we assume anything we haven't seen and felt ourselves be true? That's what trust is. I trust the Pope and I trust the sources. I don't believe the media lies. If anything, when they get a story wrong, they are mis-informed.

Yay! I won something!
Muerte

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

argh ... its not about the pope, or what he has or hasn't done ... regardless he is who he is ... but it isn't about the pope ... i don't care what the pope did or does ... what i care about is the fact that you are putting other people down because they believe differently ... and they didn't say they believe either ... they said that they had read somewhere ... but taking it to heart you ridiculed them for that ... and if you keep on doing that you may find yourself accidently insulting people a lot ... thus more people wont like you ... even if you are right and they are wrong and there are a million facts to prove it you still have no right to try and make them feel like idiots, what im saying is that you should feel bad about it, and you should apologize for it to coz and oc ... however this is only a minor thing where they probably will not care ... but someday in doing the same thing you may really hurt someone by disregarding what they think and basically calling them an idiot for thinking that ... this isn't religion, or law, or any junk like that ... this is being a good person
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,507

Postinferiare Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading all of this, I'm gonna have to side with Muerte.

As for the whole Hitler thing, in his eyes, he was making the world a better place. Just because what Hitler did was wrong to everyone else, it wasn't to him. Nowadays, most of the new generation Jews are asses, sorry to say. They brag about how they are God's FAVOURITE, and everyone else are POSERS. I don't like that at all.

Back when WW2 started, Hitler wanted to make a better world. Maybe sacrificing a couple Jews to do it was a way to make a point.

If you bring up the whole "gassing and killing of 6 million Jews", I'll immediately shoot that down with: THERE WEREN'T 6 MILLION JEWS AT THE TIME, nor is there credible proof for that, so please, don't bring it up.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: