TerraEarth Forums

New Zelda updates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy As if we didn't know the cloaked woman wasn't Zelda.

Gonna be starting on my TLoZ:TP cosplay soon too. Huzzah.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Ocie Denver
Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 12,559

PostOcie Denver Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Another deep-fired article comeup!

*slam the article on Rainichan's forehead*

http://cube.ign.com/articles/621/621258p1.html
NOTE: skip the video link and click here to see 06/01/2005 trailer (through, it's taped by hidden camera).
NOTE: check out the cover of game case in the article.

Want Zelda:TP so bad as hungry boy..... Evil or Very Mad

Great thing for me, I will expect a special Zelda:TP DVD along with next issue of Nintendo Power.
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

New article from my Game Informer. It has some of the plot revealed!

"With the next generation of gaming rapidly approaching, the release of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess will likely represent the GameCube's finest and final hour. Needless to say, it would appear that Nintendo plans to end this era with a bang that will resonate for ages.

Game Informer was granted the rare opportunity to sit down with director Eiji Aonum and series creator Shigeru Miyamoto to find out exactly what makes this Zelda adventure tick. We also managed to get our hands on the hame. Up until now, the buzz surrounding it has been that of "adult Link" and a "next-generation Ocarina of Time." While both of these monkiers highlught certain aspects of the game, we are now seeing that Nintendo is greatly expanding upon the series' lore and trying something much different with this game.

The title "Twilight Princess" may not sound like much, but it actually embodies the true essance of the game much like "The Wind Waker" explained that release. As Aonuma pointed out, there are two planes of existance in the game: The normal world of Hyrule and the twilight realm. As the game progresses, we learn that Hyrule is being devoured by the dark dimension. As Aonuma put it, the land is being "twilightified". Princess Zelda mourns the contamination of her world by shrouding her pain with a black cloak that, interestingly, is inspured by garments worn to Japanese funerals.

Link, who has been called in to stop this scourge, cannot survive in the twilight. Somehow, in ways that are out of his control, Link magically transforms into a wolf within the twilight world. In this form, Link can survive in the alternate plane. His senses are also heightened significantly. He can hear things he couldn't before, and will even be able to see elements of the world that were previously hidden. Interestingly, Aonuma hinted at the fact that Princess Zelda is somehow connected to Link's metamorphosis.

Within this dark world, our hero befriends an elegantly garbed resident of the twilight named Midna, who claims to know why Link has transformed. Dangling this knowledge in fromt of him like a carrot in front of a horse, Midna persuades Link into doing her bidding. Eventually, their two fates become intertwined and they need each other to survive.

When confronted about gameplay specifics, Nintendo didn't want to divulge too much information, but did give us a taste of what to expect. Rather than just rehashing the same items and weapons from the previous entries in the series, Aonuma hopes to intorduce new armaments and overhaul the existing ones. For instance, the Boomerang of old can now produce small whirlwinds and has rightfully been renamed the Gale Boomerang. The best demonstration we saw of this weapon in action was against an enormous plant boss. Link must first lock the Boomerang onto a monkey carrying a bomb, then onto the boss before actually throwing it. By doing this, the Boomerang snatches the bomb from the monkey and propels it at the vulnerable spot on the boss. The plant then lowers its guard, allowing Link the window he needs to unsheathe his sword and go in for the kill.

Another area where Aonuma wishes to evolve the series is through the inclusion of Link's trusty stead Epona. When the game begins, Link is working as a ranch hand, and of course, Epona plays a huge role in this. While rounding up cattle seems like fun, the true spirit of this horse is captured in the battles that will erupt withing the vast expanses of Hyrule. Link and Epona will face off against an army of boar-riding orcs, which ends with a jousting match against the orc general on a bridge.

This is the first Zelda adventure that will feature orchestrated music, and surely the first to be compared to Teen Wolf. Aonuma and his team are using a familiar map to bring the series into uncharted territory. This may feel like the Zelda you know and love, but it will most certainly leave you with a fresh set of memories. No release date has been given just yet, but all signs point toward it being on store shelves before year's end."

Hyper

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Freedan
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

November, where are you? Crying or Very sad

Oh well, it's pre-ordered, so I just gots to wait. Cool Guy

Cheers for the article. Very Happy

Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Orchestrated music from the undoubtedly-going-to-be-awesome Twilight Princess.

You can thank me later. Cool Guy

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

You rawk. Cool

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I rawk even more than this guy.

Cool Guy

For those who don't know who he is, he's Rawk Hawk from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.

blueisalive
Previously known as Aoiga

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Resident

Gems 1,121

Postblueisalive Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

lol I love how the editted the id tags of the mp3 to protect against the server rapers. Some big Allman brothers fans (like some members of my family) might be dissapointed when they hear the new fully orchestrated Zelda theme instead of their beloved outlaw southern rock. Laughing

Yay! I won something!
Thanx raini for the great sigs!
Hydra.7
Level 8: Amarante

Level 8: Amarante

Gems 1,000
Location: Someone told me Earth, but I don't believe them. c:

PostHydra.7 Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

OOooooooo!!! I WANT THE GAME NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Hyper
Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Zelda in mid-November?

That's a bit of a pain, I had heard Nov. 1.... but since nothing concrete has been set by Ninty yet, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

The article mentions one thing that I thought was kind of neat.... a mid-November release would coincide with the release of the 360. Gates thought he was being all clever when he timed Halo 3 to release at the same time as the PS3 (which I'm convinced may actually hurt Halo 3 sales, but that's a mini-rant for later), and now Ninty is doing the same thing to Micro$oft. The difference here is that Zelda is pretty much expected to be epic across the board, while Halo 3 is mainly seen as "just another sequel" (since not much is known about it). Zelda may actually dent their plans.

That's funny. Very Happy

Muerte
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Freedan, the Dark Knight wrote:
Zelda in mid-November?

That's a bit of a pain, I had heard Nov. 1.... but since nothing concrete has been set by Ninty yet, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

The article mentions one thing that I thought was kind of neat.... a mid-November release would coincide with the release of the 360. Gates thought he was being all clever when he timed Halo 3 to release at the same time as the PS3 (which I'm convinced may actually hurt Halo 3 sales, but that's a mini-rant for later), and now Ninty is doing the same thing to Micro$oft. The difference here is that Zelda is pretty much expected to be epic across the board, while Halo 3 is mainly seen as "just another sequel" (since not much is known about it). Zelda may actually dent their plans.

That's funny. Very Happy

Bwahahahaha, now that would screw Microsoft. Very Happy And of course I'm in agreeance about the whole Halo3 PS3 thing.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Now I'll bet Micro$oft is cursing themselves.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: