TerraEarth Forums

Currently listening to...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 194, 195, 196 ... 200, 201, 202  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blade
Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

inferiare wrote:
And another bump from me:

Answers - Final Fantasy XIV - Susan Calloway, Nobuo Uematsu

Pretty badass ending for FFXIV 1.0, probably brought on by my being able to play the 2.0 beta.

Lyrics are on the FFWiki, and I would definitely give the "Dalamud Answers" version a listen because that would creep me out playing and hearing that, I won't even lie.

This song is sheer awesome!

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you think so! Very Happy I mean, it's pure Uematsu awesome, and the vocalist is really good. Wiki said that she was Uematsu's only choice to perform the song, in fact.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice song. I remember hearing this live at Distant Worlds. I think the live vocalist was more powerful though.

Can't for the life of me find out or remember her name though.
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Susan Calloway did the Distant Worlds stuff; there is a live video on youtube which is where I think I originally heard the song.

Though there's so much envy Sad I want to go to a Distant Worlds concert so badly.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they had a different singer for the Australia tour. I really want to go to another one, it was amazing. Hearing the Opera was just... wow. And I'm pretty sure I teared up a bit during Liberi Fatali (was one of the first songs).

Next time they're in the USA, we go!
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:04 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

They're going to be doing San Diego next month. I don't think I could go if I tried. Sad I watch their tickets page like a hawk though, so maybe if they're close I can go (San Diego is ~10 hour drive for me) but we'll see.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a while since I've posted on this topic which by the looks of things is going to someday be help for a bunch of 40 and 50 something years olds reclaiming the music of their youth.

So I've been on a music downloading tangent. Thanks to my countries national security agency presumably viewing what I am doing I will not say how I am obtaining this, only to say that I am most certainly NOT just ripping the tracks off of youtube with the help of www.youtube-mp3.org. Because that would be illegal and would hurt the artist. And the glorious overlords at the NSA should feel good about protecting America because after all citizens don't really need privacy, especially if their skin is a different color from our skin. 'Murica.

That relatively childish rant aside, here's what's been added to my vault lately:

Everclear- Local God

Ah yes the Romeo + Juliet movie from the 90s. Let's take disenfranchised youth meets culture clash and give it a Shakespearian skin. I mean yes, I know the dialogue is word for word from the play, and all things considered the movie was better than the backlash associated with a certain DiCaprio. When I was a kid I liked the movie okay (of course this was back when I considered Romeo and Juliet the greatest love story of all time simply by common understanding.) But regardless your thoughts on the movie, I think we can all agree the soundtrack had some kick ass songs.

Everlast- What It's Like

So let's move off the disenfranchised youth to the written-off social cases of society. It's no secret that I am rather fiscally conservative, but just because I believe we should be reigning in social programs doesn't mean they are not at their core a good thing. But this song isn't just about the poor beggar on the corner, but the teen girl who gets pregnant and a young gangster who gets caught in over his head. These are three archetypes that society (And yes, I'm no exception) have greatly over-generalized and there are more out there that this song sings to. There are a bunch of songs out there that preach that we should all try to get along and not judge one another, but few of them are as gritty and sincere as this one. Oh, and modern rappers, this is what rap music should be like, not a laundry list of all your expensive shit and how many women you screw!

Eagle Eye Cherry- Save Tonight

Okay last one for now, because I'm going on tangents. I had actually forgotten about this song until Nostalgia Chick referenced it in her Top 10 F***ing Songs Review (and not in the context that you'd think, although this is a really good song for that). I really like this song, it expresses the sentiments of songs like "Leaving on a Jet Plane" but does it in a very late 90s early 2000s way: upbeat rock with a wailing guitar section and even some trace elements of ska music, though it's not as profound as in Sublime or Offspring music. Any way you spin it, a very good song.

Rest in peace, old avatar.
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I always loved Eagle Eye Cherry's "Save Tonight." It was one of my favorite songs when it came out, and was still on my old MP3 player until it broke.

Everlast's "What It's Like" has recently driven me up the wall. I've heard it more in the last year than I think I did in the ten/fifteen years it's been out. Every person I work with has it come up on their Pandora. I've had it come up on Pandora stations like Bush and Blues Traveler, which was weird. I also once had it come up on Led Zeppelin (weirder) and Creedence Clearwater Revival. (Weirdest)

Don't get me wrong, I still like the song, but it has, for the first time in my music listening days, become "overplayed." Thanks Obama! (I mean Pandora... yeah, Pandora >>; )

OT: Rush - Subdivisions
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop Talking, Go to Sleep - Tales of Graces - Motoi Sakuraba, Hibiki Aoyama

Hubert's first sentence sums up my feelings on Telos Astue. That place really IS disquieting.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Julia (Final Fantasy Cool - Nobuo Uematsu

Learning this one on the piano at the moment. It's nice and calming.

Also, DISTANT WORLDS IN PORTLAND NEXT YEAR!!! That's ... only a 3 hour drive!
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

EXEC_VIENA/. - Haruka Shimotsuki - Ar tonelico II

It's the song quoted in my signature; I don't like the character who sings it much, but the song is so sad and so beautiful all at once. Sad

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad Apple!! - Nomico

Touhou musiiiiiiiic

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The Nexus - Amaranthe
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvin Harris Feat. Florence Welch - Sweet Nothing

Not a big fan of dance music, but I've kind of fallen in love with Welch's voice. Plan on at some point listening to some of her other work.
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Strife - Trivium

Seeing them in Vancouver in a week!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 194, 195, 196 ... 200, 201, 202  Next
Page 195 of 202

Jump to: