TerraEarth Forums

I have officially yeeted my gall bladder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Manibrandr System
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:14 pm   Post subject: I have officially yeeted my gall bladder Reply with quote

So, about May last year, I ended up doubling over in pain and vomiting for 13 hours straight. I was rushed to the hospital after the pain reached its peak, and I was diagnosed with acute pancreatitis. The cause? Gallstones built up in my gallbladder causing inflammation of the pancreas. Needless to say, I almost died, and had I not decided to call emergency medical services and tried to sleep it off, it may have been game over for me then and there.

Thankfully, most of the organ survived, but I'd been put through a gauntlet of follow-up visits where CT scans were made, and my stomach was stented for a while to drain the cyst that formed out of the dead cellular material that accumulated around my pancreas. it has been determined that my gall bladder had to go, and so the surgery day was decided on, as well as scheduled visits leading up to surgery day.

Well, it's been almost a month since the surgery, and I was given a container with the gallstones they've extracted during the cholecystectomy operation, and it was a LOT. So yeah, gall bladders suck, they're biological time bombs that could easily get you killed at random.
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

oh my lord, that sounds horrible Biting hopefully you get well soon! stories like this are a reminder that the most important thing in life is healthiness.

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am fully healed up now, my wounds have scarred over, and I am back to being 100% functional.

But yeah, gall bladders suck, they're nothing but biological time bombs.
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Woof, glad you're doing all right!

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Manibrandr System

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been doing better. No longer randomly doubling over and vomiting for me. Instead I get the occasional runny craps....which I am much more prepared to handle, tbh.
Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

ooh crap, I'm glad you called emergency services! I'm glad you're doing better Smile

Manibrandr System

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Blade wrote:
ooh crap, I'm glad you called emergency services! I'm glad you're doing better Smile

Thank you <3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: