TerraEarth Forums

What have you been playing recently?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:
There any kind of good Smash online multiplayer for 3DS?

LTTP, but yeah! If you ever wanna play, just message me on FB and we'll exchange friend codes.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

GTA 5. with trainer AND cheats Very Happy
Level 3: Cadet

Level 3: Cadet

Gems 47

PostMetall Ark Posted: Fri May 08, 2015 10:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Im playing BRS The Game. It is very good and fun to play even though it is kinda short.

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Terraria and Hearthstone.

Bought a Zelda amiibo in an attempt to get back into Smash, but didn't realize that it was a New 3DS only. So now I'm waiting until the next cool big game (probably Bravely Second) comes out to get a 3DS bundle.
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

...and it comes as no surprise, I'm playing Early Access Heavensward because yes the expansion for FFXIV is shiny.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Been playing quite a bit of Terraria. Also Hearthstone, but I'm easing up on that because the RNG seems to hate me.
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Triple Triad on the Final Fantasy Portal app. I am hooked.
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up FF13-2 again to get the last fragment I need for a near-100% completion. Stupid bestiary completion...

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Fazermint
Shameless Pirate

Level 10: Dark Bat

Level 10: Dark Bat

Gems 712

PostFazermint Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Pokemon HeartGold. Tinkered a little with the ROM so that trade evolutions evolve in other ways. Did a Bug monotype run limited to a team of 3, with Butterfree as my 'starter' + Scizor and Heracross. Since every Pokemon game is inherently easy as cake, it was no biggie. Did have some troubles with Lance at first, until I got Swords Dance on Scizor.

My team does pretty well 'competitively' in the Battle Frontier. Here are my strategies:

Butterfree: Lead (Focus Sash)
- Always open battle with Sleep Powder (97,5% accuracy thanks to ability)
- If opponent outspeeds Butterfree, Focus Sash will avoid a 1HKO.
- Strategy A: Dream Eater. Usually only used when it is super-effective and thus can ensure a 2-hit kill. But it's also useful for refilling lost HP - Focus Sash only works if Butterfree has full HP, so this can be important
- Strategy B: Pick off with super-effective Bug Buzz or Energy Ball.
- Strategy C: Switch out to Scizor or Heracross, leaving them 0-3 free turns.

Scizor: Sweeper (Lum Berry)
- Begin with Swords Dance. If the opponent outspeeds Scizor, I'm inclined to dance only 1 time. If not, I generally dance twice - unless the opponent has a fire move (4x weakness), but then I usually send out Heracross instead of Scizor.
- Wreak havoc with Iron Head / Bug Bite (stronger than X-Scizzor thanks to Swarm ability. The berry eating utility is cool, too).
- Superpower for dealing with opposing Steel types and Fire types, since both Bug and Steel are weak to those. It has a debuff, but 3v3 battles are too short for it to really be a problem.
- Lum berry takes care of status conditions.

Heracross: Sweeper (Flame Orb)
- Upon switch-in, Flame Orb activates, making Heracross burned, which in turn activates his Guts ability (ignores damage debuff of being burned, and boosts it up to 1.5). He does take damage every turn, though.
- No setup needed, kick ass with Close Combat, Megahorn, Stone Edge and Earthquake.
- Close Combat is the best move at 337,5 attack power (with Guts), but also lowers Def and Sp. Def, making Heracross somewhat of a glass cannon. Still very reliable guy.

My record is 33 wins in a row. At that point the tolls of having a mono-type team really starts showing, and I end up getting crushed by a speedy fire type. I can beat the Battle Tower boss consistently, though (battle #21). One time I even solo'd him with Butterfree. Butterfreee <3 very underrated. Okay, he's weak, but I turned him into a killing machine!

I also play some Pokemon Puzzle Challenge, guess I'm in a Pokemon mood. Beat the game on Super Hard just now, now it's time for Intense. The screen is smaller than on Tetris Attack, so I've got less space to work with. Still, I did it as a 10 year old and I shall do it again!
intestinal-parasit3
Level 2: Whisp

Level 2: Whisp

Gems 37

Postintestinal-parasit3 Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I just picked up Shin Megami Tensei: Soul Hackers for 3DS. It's pretty awesome.
Flamez
Hail to the King baby!

Level 16: Cursed Armor

Resident

Gems 7,228

PostFlamez Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Blood Bowl 2!

My players keep being murdered. I hate it. But cant stop.

Joined TE on May 30, 2002, 2:26am!
Yeah, beat that.

I'm hot stuff.

http://terraearth.proboards.com - Original TE forums.
http://www.facebook.com/lochy - I gots facebook! yay for social networking?
Ocie Denver
Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 12,559

PostOcie Denver Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Random games on my Steam library to test out my new Steam Controller and Steam Link. I'm one of early birds. They aren't available publicly till November 10.

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Fazermint wrote:

Butterfree: Lead (Focus Sash)
- Always open battle with Sleep Powder (97,5% accuracy thanks to ability)
- If opponent outspeeds Butterfree, Focus Sash will avoid a 1HKO.
- Strategy A: Dream Eater. Usually only used when it is super-effective and thus can ensure a 2-hit kill. But it's also useful for refilling lost HP - Focus Sash only works if Butterfree has full HP, so this can be important
- Strategy B: Pick off with super-effective Bug Buzz or Energy Ball.
- Strategy C: Switch out to Scizor or Heracross, leaving them 0-3 free turns.

Scizor: Sweeper (Lum Berry)
- Begin with Swords Dance. If the opponent outspeeds Scizor, I'm inclined to dance only 1 time. If not, I generally dance twice - unless the opponent has a fire move (4x weakness), but then I usually send out Heracross instead of Scizor.
- Wreak havoc with Iron Head / Bug Bite (stronger than X-Scizzor thanks to Swarm ability. The berry eating utility is cool, too).
- Superpower for dealing with opposing Steel types and Fire types, since both Bug and Steel are weak to those. It has a debuff, but 3v3 battles are too short for it to really be a problem.
- Lum berry takes care of status conditions.

Heracross: Sweeper (Flame Orb)
- Upon switch-in, Flame Orb activates, making Heracross burned, which in turn activates his Guts ability (ignores damage debuff of being burned, and boosts it up to 1.5). He does take damage every turn, though.
- No setup needed, kick ass with Close Combat, Megahorn, Stone Edge and Earthquake.
- Close Combat is the best move at 337,5 attack power (with Guts), but also lowers Def and Sp. Def, making Heracross somewhat of a glass cannon. Still very reliable guy.

Awesome!! Super late to the thread. I haven't played Pokemon competitively in a while, this brings back memories...

Tiny bit of feedback, if you're still playing- focus sash on scizor is messed up.

Swords dance (twice if you can), roost and bullet punch.

Technician and STAB boosted bullet punch after swords dance will puncture almost everything ever. The sash all but guarantees you one dance, while roost gets you up to the full 3 against things that hit for less than half your hp.

Butterfree with compound eyes is sweet. Sleep powder is epic at almost 100% accuracy... Does Butterfree learn hurricane in HGSS? That's another great one for it, 120 power before STAB, 91% acc (after boost) and 30% confuse.

Heracross is always beast- I didn't know guts ignored burn's attack lowering. I prefer endure / reversal / salac berry, but those berries are super painful to get.
Hail to the King baby!

Level 16: Cursed Armor

Resident

Gems 7,228

PostFlamez Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

More blood Bowl and Heroes.

Next week I will go into coma due to Fallout and SC2: Legacy of the Void coming out on the same day.

Joined TE on May 30, 2002, 2:26am!
Yeah, beat that.

I'm hot stuff.

http://terraearth.proboards.com - Original TE forums.
http://www.facebook.com/lochy - I gots facebook! yay for social networking?
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing MediEvil and Morrowind and been journaling my experience on both, as well as Final Fantasy II for The Lifestream's Final Fantasy Retrospective that I'm a part of.

My gaming livejournal

Also been playing some Rocket League and casually passively Metal Gear Online now that I'm mostly done with Metal Gear Solid V.

And I want to get back into FF14 since I literally have not touched any of the Heavensward content for which I paid yet...

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76  Next
Page 72 of 76

Jump to: