TerraEarth Forums

"Gotta Play That Game" List

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:54 pm   Post subject: "Gotta Play That Game" List Reply with quote

Alright, you all probably know the drill, but this is where you can write a list of all the games "you really got to play".

To Clarify: These are games that YOU, the maker of your list HAVE NOT played yet, but want to / keep hearing people tell you to.

===

JT's Gotta Play List
1. Longest Journey

2. Bravely Default / II
Status: I run a game store, and we have some copies. Maybe soon.

3. Octopath Traveler

4. God of War II - Ragnarok
Status: Don't exactly have a burning yen to play these games but I gotta get around to it.

5. Resident Evil series... all.
Status: Borrowed the Director's Cut of the first game and played the first hour of it just gotta actually play properly. Sadly Halloween is already passed.

6. Silent Hill 4
Status: More accurately, gotta finish it. Played the first several hours but fell off.

7. Kakarot
Status: See above. Just started the intermission after the Saiyan Saga and I need to get back to it.

8. Star Ocean Last Hope / I & F / Divine Mission
Status: I have beaten the first three games so I wanna play LH / I&F so I can jump into Divine Mission with the full background. I've heard mixed reviews though and the ending of LH really annoyed me (It's all a video game is just terrible... and yes I realize that was the plot twist I used if you cleared the secret dungeon in TerraEarth: Absolute but whateva).

9. Metroid whole series
Status: Have Metroid / Super Metroid on my 3DS Virtual console. Played bit of Metroid but didn't really pick it up properly.

10. Stranger of Paradise
Status: This one just passed me by but I'm working on getting around to it at some point.

===
That'll do for now, but I'll likely add to it.

Rest in peace, old avatar.
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I got 10 up my head, although there should be way more games out there I wanted to play but never did.

1. Tales of Phantasia
Status: playing it with my friend every thursday for a couple of hours. we're almost through.

2. Xenogears
Status: I had a broken rom in ancient times, and for whatever reason I tried to play the game 3 times with this broken rom Very Happy I one day watched a summary and propably will never finish it on my own

3. Baldurs Gate (2)
Status: A classic that went by me in my youth. I started playing it when they released the HD version, but stopped mid playthrough. it just wasn't appealing to me, the side content was just too much for me.

4. LoZ - Wind Waker
Status: I really tried. I shouldn't have played it with a 100% guide in hand. the island stuff was just too tedious. and man, I just hate these graphics. such a good game, fantastic soundtrack, but the cartonish look just takes me out the mood everytime

5. LoZ - Twitlight princess
Status: the last big Zelda that was released when my brain was just on the edge of becoming too adolescent to really dive into games. never started it then because I didn't buy a console after my N64. when I emulated it couple of years back, it just seemed to generic in comparison to majoras mask.

6. Gothic 3
Status: it's bearable on nostalgia alone, but that's just not enough. I will never play the last game of one of my favourite franchises.

7. Warframe
Status: I'm 98% done I'd say - but it's a looter shooter designed to never be finished. I'M REALLY FUCKING CLOSE THOUGH

that's all I can think of right now, maybe I'll add another one when it comes to mind.

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:51 am   Post subject: Re: "Gotta Play That Game" List Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
1. Longest Journey

Wait? You mean our system's Elisha?

As for our list...

1. Deltarune
Status: Considering that I (Ricardo) am basically an Asriel fictive, it feels like we should have been doing this a long time ago.

2. Hypnospace Outlaw
Status: Our partner's favourite game, definitely making it a priority.

3. Everhood

4. Moon RPG Remix
Status: Subversive tropes in this one is definitely useful for storytelling.

5. Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask
Status: We missed the train on that one as a kid. Now that I am a kid again, I'd like to experience this.

6. Earthbound Halloween Hack
Status: Another recommendation by my partner Gottblumen, may or may not choose to experience it as a longplay instead, due to bullshit difficulty.

7. Skyrim
Status: This is one of Lenneth's (One of our headmates) things. She's playing a Khajit spellblade.

8. Tales of Arise
Status: As it turns out, this game does run on Windows 7. Not sure if it's Elisha or Lenneth who is doing this playthrough.

9. Bravely Default II
Status: Good study material for the kind of gameplay I wanted to eventually implement for TE: Awakening MZ. Stopped right after the opening act.

10. Octopath Traveller
Status: Lots of interesting mechanics to study for. Working through Chapter 2 with H'aanit, Therion, Ophilia and Alfyn, though since we have the second Cleric class unlocked, we could try swapping Ophilia out for Primrose.
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:00 pm   Post subject: Re: "Gotta Play That Game" List Reply with quote

Valerie Valens wrote:
Jason Tandro wrote:
1. Longest Journey

No, my roommate / gf Val.

Rest in peace, old avatar.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

...I uh. Have a giant freakin' backlog lmfao.

1. Suikoden V
Started it a while back, paused it a little under halfway through, so I want to finish it.

2. Breath of Fire 3/4
More games I've played mostly through but never really beat, so here I am, replaying 3. I just started though, so I'm not terribly far.

3. Fire Emblem 3 Houses
Got it for Christmas a couple years ago and started it, but I really need to actually play more haha.

4. Yakuza Collection
...same with this...

5. Assassin's Creed Valhalla
...and this....

re: Star Ocean: I've played LH and I&F, they're decent. Not on par with like, Second Story or anything but they're all right. I've heard good things about Divine Force though, and boy do I want that game like burning lol.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Manibrandr System

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:40 pm   Post subject: Re: "Gotta Play That Game" List Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
Valerie Valens wrote:
Jason Tandro wrote:
1. Longest Journey

No, my roommate / gf Val.

Ohh! Okay that makes more sense!

- Ricardo
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

@Jason Tandro
If I could make a recommendation, make sure you play the Resident Evil Directors Cut that isn't the Dual Shock version.

I say this because the Dual Shock version has a really awful soundtrack replacement made a by a composer who faked being blind. In fact, I'm pretty sure one of the tracks is just fart noises. I kid you not.

As far as a needs to play list...

1. Resident Evil 6
I've played about 1/2 of this game at the original release time and didn't care for it. I apparently skipped the best parts of the story so maybe one day.

2. Resident Evil 7
I played 8 when it came out, so I'm kinda surprised I never went back to try this one out. I played around 15 minutes of it, liked the atmosphere, bur for some reason never came back around to it.

3. Fallout 4

I loved Fallout 3 to an unhealthy degree. I took a break from video games ever clearing th entire games achievement list, DLC and all in under two weeks. Something about the game caught hold of the obsessive parts of my brain and compelled me to play way more than I should have. That said, my self control is much better now and I would love to come back into that world.

4. Final Fantasy VII Remake

I never cared for the original game (8 is still better if you ask my opinion) so maybe this new version might be a better experience for me, but who knows.

5. Ocarina of Time
I've beaten this game more times than I can count, but I never played the 3DS port despite owning it. I've been wanting to give it a run before the baby comes.
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I can update:

me and my buddy finished Tales of Phantasia some weeks ago Smile I think I really would have liked it back in my golden SNES time - which was almost 10 years after the SNES when I played it on emulators during puberty. not as a child though Very Happy
Hail to the King baby!

Level 16: Cursed Armor

Resident

Gems 7,228

PostFlamez Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:04 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
I can update:

me and my buddy finished Tales of Phantasia some weeks ago Smile I think I really would have liked it back in my golden SNES time - which was almost 10 years after the SNES when I played it on emulators during puberty. not as a child though Very Happy

I played it back in 2000 on emulator; the ROM I played it which was of course a fan translation was not very child Flamez appropriate. Did you play the same version per-chance? Laughing

Joined TE on May 30, 2002, 2:26am!
Yeah, beat that.

I'm hot stuff.

http://terraearth.proboards.com - Original TE forums.
http://www.facebook.com/lochy - I gots facebook! yay for social networking?
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Flamez wrote:
psychokind wrote:
I can update:

I played it back in 2000 on emulator; the ROM I played it which was of course a fan translation was not very child Flamez appropriate. Did you play the same version per-chance? Laughing

"Who do you like? I really like Arche, I bet she fucks like a tiger!"

Yeah, I remember that one too Laughing

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

inferiare wrote:
Flamez wrote:
psychokind wrote:
I can update:

"Who do you like? I really like Arche, I bet she fucks like a tiger!"

Yeah, I remember that one too Laughing

now that you mention it, I remembered it quite differently and wondered if my memories tricked me Very Happy I must have played the fan translation way back when! this time we played the PS1 version because it had an earlier and easier access to the two-player battles
Hail to the King baby!

Level 16: Cursed Armor

Resident

Gems 7,228

PostFlamez Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The scene in question, at about 6minutes, the entire section is like it with Arche having a 'dream' while drunk later.

Joined TE on May 30, 2002, 2:26am!
Yeah, beat that.

I'm hot stuff.

http://terraearth.proboards.com - Original TE forums.
http://www.facebook.com/lochy - I gots facebook! yay for social networking?
Manibrandr System

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty disturbing, considering that Arche was supposed to be like...what, 17? And considering Klarth's age...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: