TerraEarth Forums

We bought a Wii
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blade
Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:27 pm   Post subject: We bought a Wii Reply with quote

via Ebay Very Happy

Everyone here who know me, knows that I'm not that much of a gamer nowadays.
But my bro, my sis and I decided to buy one, since we can't leave out Zelda - Twilight Princess and SSB Brawl.
I'm friggin' excited! Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

congratulations! tell me if brawl is good! Cool Guy
Blade

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, it has to arrive Razz
Second, we're gonna modchipl33th4ck it.

THEN we can talk about gaming etc Wink Razz
chicken
manifested spam

Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 7,352

Postchicken Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

madass hack0r skillz XD

winner of the following awards:

Biggest Spammer
Most Annoying Poster
the Pie Award Very Happy
Funniest Poster

posting more than one exclamation mark is a sign for mental disturbtion...

yay for jase Very Happy
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Brawl is gonna be so friggin awesome. And as for Twilight Princess...

...by far the most amazing gaming experience I've had in years.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome. I've had mine for a couple of months now, and I still get quite a bit of mileage out of it. And once Brawl comes, I'll be trying to get some extra time in.

I highly recommend Mario Galaxy and No More Heroes. Cool Guy

Blade

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Freedan, the Dark Knight wrote:
Awesome. I've had mine for a couple of months now, and I still get quite a bit of mileage out of it. And once Brawl comes, I'll be trying to get some extra time in.

I highly recommend Mario Galaxy and No More Heroes. Cool Guy

"U R MR GAY"? Razz

It hasn't arrived yet, and I hope the Wii won't hinder me in graduating this year -.-
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

i heard mario galaxy is reviving old jump'n'run feelings along with the advantages of the wii... maybe it is really good Very Happy
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario Galaxy was pretty cool, actually. My boyfriend has it. Very Happy

I only have two games for my Wii at current: Trauma Center and NiGHTS: Journey Into Dreams. Not that they aren't fun, though. Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario Galaxy was the only Mario platformer that I have ever been disappointed by. EVER. Granted, the level design was unique, and the controlls are the best on the Wii, but the game was WAY to easy. Not only that, but it just wasn't as much fun as the last two 3-D Mario games. I remember some of the stars/shine sprites being so much fun to get I'd play the level multiple times in a row. In Mario Galaxy, the game doesn't get good until you get about 80 stars, and just as soon as you think, "Wow, maybe this game is just as good as..." and that's where you stop, because that's how long it takes for the game to get boring again. The fact that they pile ALL of the Purple Coin challenges on you at the very end makes for an unbalanced and rather boring experience. What happened to the first few stars of a level being easy, and then the last few being hard? Why do ALL the early level stars have to be easy, and only the last few bonus stars have to be hard?

I'm sorry, but I was very disappointed in Mario Galaxy. Especially considering there has never been a bad Mario platformer before.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Wyv
Level 3: Cadet

Gems 99

PostWyv Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, because there I was, thinking that Galaxy's not only the best Mario game in existence, but in fact also the greatest platformer ever, even if you throw 2D and 3D into one pot. And I've played so many of them it's untrue. The game is rather easy, true, but so incredibly rewarding - personally I enjoyed every split second of it, enough to complete the game two times in a row. And I haven't had that with any game before. Yes, that's how good I think it is. Smile

It's all a question of strawberry flavour anyway. Or so.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Windows Live Messenger ICQ Number
Blade

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I finally had the chance to take a close look at our Wii.
The only game we have is Super Mario Bros 1 on the VC, though.

My brother is trying to mod it atm, but he's kinda failing. And he won't let me buy SMB 3 with the 600 Wiipoints we have -.-
Means: we have a Wii, we have copies of Zelda TP, Metal Slug Anthology and Smash Bros Brawl, but we can't play them, since the Wii is not modded yet.

And the only playable game is a game you can beat in under 10 minutes.
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

is there no possibility for professionals to mod your wii? i remembered this being possible on the playstation...
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

How can you say Galaxy is the best platformer ever? You have to remember that it's competing not only against other platformers, like Donkey Kong Country 2 and Kirby Super Star, but against titles in its own series like Super Mario Bros 1, Super Mario Bros 3, and Super Mario 64!

Alot more goes into a game than just being beautiful. I'll give Galaxy its credit for being an amazing work of art. The game just felt to linear. Granted, that is the essence of a platformer, but with the direction the series was going, not to mention the amount of depth the game appeared to have, I, personally, was disappointed.

My biggest complaint was that there was no hidden stuff. All the hidden goodies you had to go out of your way to find were nothing more than 1up mushrooms that only a beginner would need anyway.

Wyv

Gems 99

PostWyv Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
How can you say Galaxy is the best platformer ever? You have to remember that it's competing not only against other platformers, like Donkey Kong Country 2 and Kirby Super Star, but against titles in its own series like Super Mario Bros 1, Super Mario Bros 3, and Super Mario 64!

Absolutely. Played them all, taken them into account. Smile And indeed, I love each of the games you listed there.

tay120n64 wrote:
Alot more goes into a game than just being beautiful. I'll give Galaxy its credit for being an amazing work of art. The game just felt to linear. Granted, that is the essence of a platformer, but with the direction the series was going, not to mention the amount of depth the game appeared to have, I, personally, was disappointed.

It all comes down to personal preference, as I said. None of the games you mentioned delivered the mindboggling whoa-whoa-WHOA experience to me the way Galaxy did - the exception being Mario 64, that came close, for it was my first true-3D game ever. Smile Still, in a direct gameplay comparison, completely disregarding other factors such as visuals or audio (oh how I adore thee, Gusty Garden theme), I'd go with Galaxy. It won me over in the first few minutes and it didn't let go till the end.

The funny thing is, I was very skeptical the months before its release, as I couldn't quite imagine the gravity concept to really be a good idea. At least not for an entire game. That's way in the past, though.

tay120n64 wrote:
My biggest complaint was that there was no hidden stuff. All the hidden goodies you had to go out of your way to find were nothing more than 1up mushrooms that only a beginner would need anyway.

Valid point. I'm one to use that kind of argument myself. But then, in the end I guess it's the overall impression that counts, and in the platformer genre, I haven't had anything better than this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Windows Live Messenger ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: