TerraEarth Forums

Shadow of the Colossus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gamechampionx
Level 8: Amarante

Level 8: Amarante

Gems 3,076

Postgamechampionx Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:00 pm   Post subject: Shadow of the Colossus Reply with quote

*warning - spoilers*

I've been trying to play Shadow of the Colossus lately - I've also been trying really hard to enjoy it but it keeps disappointing me.

The first half of the game was fun but the ninth, tenth and eleventh colossi are just tedious and non-sensical to me.

With the ninth, the geyser guy, I couldn't get him to follow me - apparently it works while on the horse but he otherwise just sits there and throws projectiles at me.

With the tenth, I spent 20 minutes trying to use the pillars to kill him where you are apparently just supposed to shoot him in the eye - didn't really make much sense to me at all.

And with the eleventh, the whole arena is dark and I just can't see anything I'm doing.

Does this game get any better or does it kind of just stay like this for the rest of the game? The "puzzles" sort of stopped making sense to me entirely.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Windows Live Messenger
ForbiddenDarkWolf
Level 3: Cadet

Gems 146

PostForbiddenDarkWolf Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing the game with gamie chan and I have to agree with a chunk of it. The game does unfortunatly leave you to try to guess how to beat him. I suggested the pillars for the sandworm cus it made logical sense however you just run around on your horse till he pops his head up and shoot him in the eye something he does very rarely for one. I figured inorder to beat most of the colossi you used the elements around the colossi for example all the previous 8. The geyser turtle used the terrain to beat him but trying to get him to come onto the geysers was next to impossible, he refused to move much and was very particular to where the geyser had to hit him. The llth dude is a boar like guy who tries to tackle you all good and fine. The stupid part is that they tell you he is guardian of the flames. Which aparently means its his weakness which both of us thought was retarded plus with all the torches in the room, it still leaves you fumbling around trying to pick up the torch in the dark.

The graphics are excellent but in my opinion there is a lot of beauty in the backgrounds but very little in it plus the fact that when you do beat a colossi you get nothing from, it no hp boost or anthing and these colossi can kill you in about two hits. Its a lot less satisfying than I thought it would be and more frustraing than anything else. Sad
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't gotten a chance to play it, though I do have it. My bf borrowed it from me to play, and he said it gets stupid hard at the end (like, the last boss is stupid hard; he happened to show me the last boss and I was going "Yeah, there's no way I can beat this game myself, wth")

I really want to play it, but damn.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched my friend play it. It's an excellent game, but it's all just about figuring out how to kill the collossi. In a sense, the collossi are the puzzles, you know? But yeah, the game is very tedious. There are alot of bonuses though. If you kill all the collossi in the game on the varying difficulties, as well as collect all the hidden insects, you get new weapons and stat increases. My friend's HP bar actually extended all the way across the screen by the time he was finished!

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
arkisdabomb
Level 9: Sabre Dog

Level 9: Sabre Dog

Gems 2,148

Postarkisdabomb Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all *poof*, I'm back o.o.

Second, I've only gotten to the 9th collosi, and I have to agree with the tediousness. Personally, I just like to run around on my horse and look at the scenery, which to be honest was all i did after the 9th for awhile, beofre I stopped playing it. I'll eventually get back to it, but I think it would have been nice if you fought other things to. Also, your stats to increase with each victory, if you notice your grip meter does get bigger.
Cygnus

Gems 119

PostCygnus Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have beaten the game, and it is one of the best experiences you can have playing a videogame in my opinion. The feelings of solitude, epicness, they tell you things without using words... ICO was already an amazing experience (and it helps to know SotC story better). This ICO Team really know how to develop games.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: