TerraEarth Forums

The World Ends With You

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:16 pm   Post subject: The World Ends With You Reply with quote

Ok, so it's not really a Final Fantasy game, but it's made by the same people. Whatever. Anyway, for those who have yet to play this game, you are SERIOUSLY missing out. It's kind of like Kingdom Hearts-meets-DDR-meets-Nintendo DS. This has got to be the most complex and in depth game I have ever played that NEVER feels overwhelming.

Let's start with the battle system:

Bottom Screen: Use touch commands based on equipped "Pins" to attack the enemy or interact with the environment. You can drag your character to run away, or activate other "Pins."

Top Screen: (yes. you fight on two screens at once.) Use directional commands to issue combos (i.e. Forward x4; Forward x2, Up, Forward; or Foward x2, Down, Forward). Once the combos are set, a card that corresponds to your choice flips. If you flip the correct card multiple times, you can perform a Super Attack, damaging all enemies on both screens.

Meanwhile, a green light is being passed between the screens with every successful combo, increasing the attack of the character it lands on.

Needless to say, it gets chaotic, but never more than you can handle. The music and art direction are also worth noting, being that Tetsuya Nomura and the composer from Crisis Core were involved.

So has anyone else played this game yet?

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/67-The-World-Ends-With-You

I think that sums it up, although I'll admit that I haven't even heard of the game until Yahtzee reviewed it.
arkisdabomb
Level 9: Sabre Dog

Level 9: Sabre Dog

Gems 2,148

Postarkisdabomb Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I played the first 7 days on a friend's DS, and I have to say it's pretty good. Good stoyline, concept, etc. I wouldn't mind eventually getting my own copy, except 1) I don't have a DS, and 2) it's bloody impossible to find in Canada.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: