TerraEarth Forums

TERRANIGMA ORIGINS: Updated 2/02/13
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Fan Made Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you like the idea?
Yes
80%
 80%  [ 12 ]
No
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 15

TheKing2
Level 5: Sabre Wolf

Gems 434

PostTheKing2 Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, well I "played" the demo, and I have to change my mind... I think it is really good, even if I missed a part where I could play... and you should use a better sound, this "whatever" sounds horrible...

Anyway, lets talk about some other things... what will the KS be like? Will you be able to make all Special attacs, or can I wait for an simple "Press-Button-to-stab" game like the standard-attack of Zelda-Games?

And, how will you make things like the, ähm, Box, right? I mean the Menue where you can "control" fluffy... i think terra without this wouldn't be Terranigma... but, as I realised from the Story the Box wont take part, right?

And one other thing: Does it playes in Crysta or in Storkolm? My English is bad so it could be that I didn't get it. Anyway, even if you really gave information about that, could you please tell me about that?

I'm looking forward for a Demo where you are able to play, hopefully the movement and the KS will be good...
ergz
Level 6: Stone Golum

Gems 622

Postergz Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

HI GUYS IM STILL ALIVE AND WELL AND STILL WORKING ON THIS GAME.
HOPE TO GET MORE SCREENS OUT SHORTLY Smile
EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKing2 wrote:
Ah, well I "played" the demo, and I have to change my mind... I think it is really good, even if I missed a part where I could play... and you should use a better sound, this "whatever" sounds horrible...

Anyway, lets talk about some other things... what will the KS be like? Will you be able to make all Special attacs, or can I wait for an simple "Press-Button-to-stab" game like the standard-attack of Zelda-Games?

And, how will you make things like the, ähm, Box, right? I mean the Menue where you can "control" fluffy... i think terra without this wouldn't be Terranigma... but, as I realised from the Story the Box wont take part, right?

And one other thing: Does it playes in Crysta or in Storkolm? My English is bad so it could be that I didn't get it. Anyway, even if you really gave information about that, could you please tell me about that?

I'm looking forward for a Demo where you are able to play, hopefully the movement and the KS will be good...

i can answer a few of those questions... well, theoretically. its up to ergz if he makes any of these options.

for the special attacks, there could be abilities. since it is warcraft, it is most likely going to be RTS control, so there will be generic attacking, and special abilities that let you use the more interesting attacks.

the box is a little more difficult. for single-player it is definitely possible, but it would take a while to do.

as for story-related questions, you'd have to ask ergz
Level 8: Amarante

Level 8: Amarante

Gems 3,008

Postgavdaman88 Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The box would be so easy to make...

Either of us could tell him how to make that!

And stabbing like in zelda is possible, but given the movement style of wc3 wouldnt suit terranigma probably.

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

gavdaman88 wrote:
The box would be so easy to make...

Either of us could tell him how to make that!

And stabbing like in zelda is possible, but given the movement style of wc3 wouldnt suit terranigma probably.

i guess it isnt hard, just lock camera to region with all the items in it and pause units around ark. im just saying the mechanics of it wouldnt be very nice, u cant bring up item descriptions and such through triggers unless you have each one pre-loaded, and thats either a damn lot of effort or a damn lot of clicking in the case of using plain item descriptions (clicking on the item and using abilities for yomi to equip it). kinda pointless though, seeing as its a dynamic game with half the important stuff already in the main interface

who honestly used the box for anything other than equipping (easily done without it in wc3), using items (ditto) and checking the strength mirror (automatically there) Razz
Level 3: Cadet

Level 3: Cadet

Gems 63

PostHuball Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks great! Continue the good work! Smile
Flamez
Hail to the King baby!

Level 16: Cursed Armor

Resident

Gems 7,228

PostFlamez Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Huball wrote:
It looks great! Continue the good work! Smile

Its been 2 years since we have heard anything about this Razz

Joined TE on May 30, 2002, 2:26am!
Yeah, beat that.

I'm hot stuff.

http://terraearth.proboards.com - Original TE forums.
http://www.facebook.com/lochy - I gots facebook! yay for social networking?
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

too bad though. at least the continuance is progressing.

Gems 622

Postergz Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:15 am   Post subject: IM BACK! Reply with quote

Hello all,

Just want to notify that this is still in progress.

I was on hiatus for the last 4 years and now I’m back!
Some major changes to this project for the better!
The game will now be a standalone game.
It is being made with the new RPG VX Ace programme.
The whole system, programming, scripting and story is 100% complete.
Just missing some enemy graphics if someone could help me with this it would hasten the project.
All that is really left is the mapping which is in progress.
I would say this game will definitely be ready by the end of this year maybe sooner!

Please provide feedback
I will be posting videos shortly in next couple of weeks on youtube and new pics
I will keep you all informed

GREAT TO BE BACK!

Last edited by ergz on Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:45 am; edited 1 time in total
ergz

Gems 622

Postergz Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:18 am   Post subject: TIME FRAME Reply with quote

Ideally I have budgeted to get this finished by Aug 2012.
ergz

Gems 622

Postergz Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:41 am   Post subject: YOUTUBE CHANNEL Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/user/terranigma2origins
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

cool. shame you're not using war3 anymore, but you might actually have better control over your work otherwise.

and there's nothing on your channel Razz

Gems 622

Postergz Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:
cool. shame you're not using war3 anymore, but you might actually have better control over your work otherwise.

and there's nothing on your channel Razz

Yeah your 100% right, I have more control this way. Also makes for better gameplay. As for youtube channel I should have videos up on 20/08/12. I only created the account yesterday haha
TheKing2

Gems 434

PostTheKing2 Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Please provide feedback

Well its hard to provide feedback on based what you got now, I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures and videos. However, some things you might or might have not considered yet:

- You said scrpting ist done yet. Did you have anyone, other than yourself/family/friends testing it? Without proper testing you might end up with a quite messy system. As I experienced, your own opinion is not the best to say if your system works allright.

- Did you present the story/storyline to anyone other than friends or members of your family? I'm not saying its going to happen but chances are, unless you got enough feedback or have been working in the branche for 10+ years, that your story will be crappy (as mine tended to be, but from all the feedback I got I was able to improve it).

Just keep that in mind, and don't over-hesitat. Without proper testing you might release the game in the near future, but the release will be.. well, don't say I didn't warn you.

All the best, looking forward to seing or playing anything about this.

PS: Regarding the title: wouldn't it be better to scrap the "2" and just call it Terranigma - Origins? Just saying, as you stated on my youtube videos, now that this will be a prequel, and I'm having the sequel, it could turn out to being quite confusing for people to have multiple Terranigma 2, where one is a sequel and the other a prequel.. just saying Wink
ergz

Gems 622

Postergz Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKing2 wrote:
Quote:
Please provide feedback

Well its hard to provide feedback on based what you got now, I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures and videos. However, some things you might or might have not considered yet:

- You said scrpting ist done yet. Did you have anyone, other than yourself/family/friends testing it? Without proper testing you might end up with a quite messy system. As I experienced, your own opinion is not the best to say if your system works allright.

- Did you present the story/storyline to anyone other than friends or members of your family? I'm not saying its going to happen but chances are, unless you got enough feedback or have been working in the branche for 10+ years, that your story will be crappy (as mine tended to be, but from all the feedback I got I was able to improve it).

Just keep that in mind, and don't over-hesitat. Without proper testing you might release the game in the near future, but the release will be.. well, don't say I didn't warn you.

All the best, looking forward to seing or playing anything about this.

PS: Regarding the title: wouldn't it be better to scrap the "2" and just call it Terranigma - Origins? Just saying, as you stated on my youtube videos, now that this will be a prequel, and I'm having the sequel, it could turn out to being quite confusing for people to have multiple Terranigma 2, where one is a sequel and the other a prequel.. just saying Wink

Hey King how are you,

I appreciate your feedback.
Yes I agree with your logic regarding the number 2, however it was originally intended that way many years ago.

In regards to the scripting and system it has been tested extensively and I never start a project until an engine is created and working to a satisfactory standard. Hence why mapping is behind everything else. The scripts have been written by some of the best jap scripters of RGSS3 which will be credited in game. I have also modified most scripts. I agree with your testing however note that they have been tested. I agree it would be suicide to release failed product. Trust me this project has been going on a lot longer than the revival of this post. Hence why budgeted completion date is Aug 2012.
Story was originally written by an actor/ author who is listed on IMDB his name is Rico Banderas aka Rixtarian. (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3648989/#Actor)
The story has been tested with many people as well. Most of the story testing was done 4 years ago. The skeletal of that story has not changed.
As for pictures and videos they will be up today 20/04/12.
I appreciate your feedback please feel free to provide more as it is always welcomed. Also it will be good that there will be two new Terras being released as people have been looking forward to new releases for YEARS (Including me)! I’m looking forward to playing your game I can't wait.
Also note in Terranigma Origins you use a sword and spear as mentioned 4 years ago this is clearly logical and was approved. Even official art of Ark has a Sword when he is in Zue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Fan Made Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: