TerraEarth Forums

TERRANIGMA ORIGINS: Updated 2/02/13
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Fan Made Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you like the idea?
Yes
80%
 80%  [ 12 ]
No
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 15

ergz
Level 6: Stone Golum

Gems 622

Postergz Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 12:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

JacobyFirox wrote:
I'd love to be able to test this game. After playing through Soul Blazer and Terranigma, and playing Illusion of Gaia through for the millionth time, I'd love to be able to get a first crack at playing a new game in the franchise, be it unofficial or not. I like the way it's looking so far, and when it gets finished, I can't wait to play. Thanks and keep up the good work.

Great! Thanks heaps it’s greatly appreciated. I would be more than happy to let you be a beta tester. Once the final game is finished I'll send you a pm including the link.

Thanks again

Become a supportor add the above sponsor badge to your website, myspace, facebook, blog, signiture or whatever you have.
Could you please link the sponsor badge to: http://www.terraearth.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=123I will add you to the supporters in the credits of the game if you do!
But please let me know that you have done this otherwise I won’t know haha.

The game will exclusivley come out HERE! Cheers everyone and thanks for supporting Terra Earth and the eternal legend of Terranigma.
ergz

Gems 622

Postergz Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone play the demo yet Question

Become a supportor add the above sponsor badge to your website, myspace, facebook, blog, signiture or whatever you have.
Could you please link the sponsor badge to: http://www.terraearth.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=123I will add you to the supporters in the credits of the game if you do!

The game will exclusivley come out HERE! Cheers everyone and thanks for supporting Terra Earth and the eternal legend of Terranigma.
TheKing2
Level 5: Sabre Wolf

Gems 434

PostTheKing2 Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have played the demo and gave you some feedback, but.. 150 Mb on Rapidshare? Don't know what its like in america but in europe rapidshare loads between 10 and 60 kb (!) without a premium account. Given you already have a release date, I'd strongly suggest you to get a professional hosted web-space. These aren't that expensive, you can get one thats perfectly fine for about 2 dollars / month. The demo takes another hour or two to load currently.

Just a quick question, why is the demo so huge anyway? From what I read off that one youtube comment, the rpg-maker rtp isn't even included. How comes that it takes 150 mb? (My game, although including nearly every graphic off the original terranigma + every soundtrack, having about 500 maps with an average size of 50*50), just takes 50 mb in the worst case. Is the rpg-maker vx ace such a huge space-drainer?

EDIT: Just downloaded both the demo and the rtp. I will edit this thread to keep you informed of my testing status. As your game will be released in about a month, I will give you an all honest and straight opinion.

- I get the following error message:

"Unable to find file: Graphics/Lights/Light"

Creating a folder namend "Graphics" and moving the existing folder "Lights" into it gets me past it, but you might want to fix that to allow users with less knowledge about computers/rpg-maker to play the game..

- "A game by Enix". Just NEVER EVER do that. Terranigma is by Enix. Terranigma Origins is by yours. You can easily get a C&D-letter for creating a fan-game, and doing false advertising for the original games creator won't make it any better. Just remove that, trust me, if you want to avoid legal issues.

- "HAHAHA" is not a punctation character. I didn't even get past the first screen in crysta and already stopped counting how often that appeared. Don't overdo that.. it doesn't add anything to the atmosphere, vice versa.. Better recheck the dialoques, I already told you but there is still a lot of punctuation errors (dots missing at the end of sentences, commas missing..).

- You can fight while you are in town. Regardless of that you couldn't do that in the first game eigther, it feels out of place, having Ark slash around while in a totally save area. The XAS has the option of deactivating the slashing with a single switch, you should make use of this.

- The start into the game is too shallow for me. Just having Ark standing around and the elder calling out for him. I'm sure you can come up with something better than this. Having Ark talk to someone and then getting called by the elder. Having Ark daydreaming about anything and then getting interupted by getting called by the elder. Anything that doesn't give you the feeling of starting up an NES game where you spawn right where the game starts without any proper introduction..

- The continue option does not work. Although I saved in 2 differnt slots (1 auto-save, 1 manual), I cannot continue after restarting the game. So, I'm waiting for this to getting fixed before continuing to test.

- The controls feel stiff for me. It takes like 1-2 seconds for Ark to turn if you walk, say down, and then press left too. Also looks strange the way Ark walks over stuff when he walking diagonally. Overall, the game really begs to have pixel-perfect-movement. Sorry to say, but this is my biggest criticism, most other things I found are mainly things to being slightly optimiced or flaws to being ironed out. But you cannot make a game as a sequel/prequel to another game, without having at least the same quality of controlling the character. I don't really think you will do that too, given your tight release date, unless moghunter does finish the XAS 4.0 before it, but it would definately improve the game greatly.

- It would be nice to have a graphical representation of any kind when you get a new item. Doesn't need to be Ark holding it up. A message-box face-graphic is fine too. Just plain text isn't appealing to the eye.

Notice that I only list things that apperead negatively to me. I think its more important to being shown the things that are wrong than what already works how it is. Just don't get a wrong feeling about my overall impression of the game. I'd like to keep on playing but given the bug with not being able to continue.. I hope you fix that soon!
ergz

Gems 622

Postergz Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I would have played the demo and gave you some feedback, but.. 150 Mb on Rapidshare? Don't know what its like in america but in europe rapidshare loads between 10 and 60 kb (!) without a premium account. Given you already have a release date, I'd strongly suggest you to get a professional hosted web-space. These aren't that expensive, you can get one thats perfectly fine for about 2 dollars / month. The demo takes another hour or two to load currently.

I might consider this. I’m not American and I don’t live in America.
Quote:
Just a quick question, why is the demo so huge anyway? From what I read off that one youtube comment, the rpg-maker rtp isn't even included. How comes that it takes 150 mb? (My game, although including nearly every graphic off the original terranigma + every soundtrack, having about 500 maps with an average size of 50*50), just takes 50 mb in the worst case. Is the rpg-maker vx ace such a huge space-drainer?

My maps being parallax maps. Parallax maps are way better then tile set mapping. They look more natural. You will see the full Beauty of parallax mapping once you get to Norfest forest.

Quote:
EDIT: Just downloaded both the demo and the rtp. I will edit this thread to keep you informed of my testing status. As your game will be released in about a month, I will give you an all honest and straight opinion.

- I get the following error message:

"Unable to find file: Graphics/Lights/Light"

Creating a folder namend "Graphics" and moving the existing folder "Lights" into it gets me past it, but you might want to fix that to allow users with less knowledge about computers/rpg-maker to play the game..

Thanks for that appreciate it. I will add this to the front page of the topic.
I gave the game to two people and I was at their house while they were playing it they had no issue like this. Thanks for letting me know I will fix this.

Quote:
- "A game by Enix". Just NEVER EVER do that. Terranigma is by Enix. Terranigma Origins is by yours. You can easily get a C&D-letter for creating a fan-game, and doing false advertising for the original games creator won't make it any better. Just remove that, trust me, if you want to avoid legal issues.

How is this false advertising if it’s in the game? Advertising would be posting on the net everywhere saying HI EVERYONE THIS IS A GAME MADE BY SQUARE-ENIX?? Or at least mentioning this somewhere outside the game. I have not done this.

Your comment is invalid.

However you are correct in mentioning the removal of "A game by". I will remove this, thanks for the suggestion.

Also if they send me a C&D you will probably get one too. Poor fans I hope this doesn't happen.

Quote:
- "HAHAHA" is not a punctuation character. I didn't even get past the first screen in crysta and already stopped counting how often that appeared. Don't overdo that.. it doesn't add anything to the atmosphere, vice versa.. Better recheck the dialoques, I already told you but there is still a lot of punctuation errors (dots missing at the end of sentences, commas missing..).

No one else commented about all these “punctuation errors” I think your over exaggerating with this. Play Terranigma again they have way more spelling/grammer errors then my game. Most games do.
Laughing is natural. It’s very common in English speaking countries to write this “HAHAHAH”(normally it is for when things are not funny but hilarious). Each to there own. Most of my associates at work or friends write this in messages too.

Quote:
- You can fight while you are in town. Regardless of that you couldn't do that in the first game eigther, it feels out of place, having Ark slash around while in a totally save area. The XAS has the option of deactivating the slashing with a single switch, you should make use of this.

I know about this option I disable it all the time in the demo. And only allow you to attack when I think its ok. I don't agree. If I had a sword in a real world no one tells me when and when not to swing a sword. Look at Dink Smallwood & Oblivion. Again each to there own. Create your own game to your own style I will do the same.

Quote:
- The start into the game is too shallow for me. Just having Ark standing around and the elder calling out for him. I'm sure you can come up with something better than this. Having Ark talk to someone and then getting called by the elder. Having Ark daydreaming about anything and then getting interupted by getting called by the elder. Anything that doesn't give you the feeling of starting up an NES game where you spawn right where the game starts without any proper introduction..

Who said he was standing around? We don’t know what he was doing before the camera shoots on to him?
Again no one else mentioned this. It is perfectly logical. I don’t understand at all why you even comment about this being shallow hahahaha?

Its 100% normal. Example if I was still living at home and I decided to be in the garden for whatever reason (hundreds of reasons). I’m outside for a walk, I want to see what is going on in the garden, I seen a bird in the garden and I wanted to have a look at it, Someone ran into the yard that I didn’t know etc..

All of a sudden my dad tells me hey come here. Well what do I do? I go to him to see what is up. Why is this shallow ?? I cannot understand your logic? Confused

It is so natural for someone to call you. hahaha

Quote:
- The continue option does not work. Although I saved in 2 differnt slots (1 auto-save, 1 manual), I cannot continue after restarting the game. So, I'm waiting for this to getting fixed before continuing to test.

Thanks for letting me know. Again this happened to no one else. Much like your own game which has heaps of bugs I will look into this and see why this is happening.

Also note the "Continue game" or Save game" at the end of the demo (Chapter 1) will return you to the title screen no matter what. This is not a bug I set it up this way. I did this so that if someone wants to use their save file from the demo for the final game they can.

Quote:
- The controls feel stiff for me. It takes like 1-2 seconds for Ark to turn if you walk, say down, and then press left too. Also looks strange the way Ark walks over stuff when he walking diagonally. Overall, the game really begs to have pixel-perfect-movement. Sorry to say, but this is my biggest criticism, most other things I found are mainly things to being slightly optimiced or flaws to being ironed out. But you cannot make a game as a sequel/prequel to another game, without having at least the same quality of controlling the character. I don't really think you will do that too, given your tight release date, unless moghunter does finish the XAS 4.0 before it, but it would definately improve the game greatly.

No one else complained about this I think you’re exaggerating this as you are comparing it to your own game. You cannot even compare the controls of Terranigma Origins to Terranigma. It’s completely different. Look at my charged attack system. The guys who tested the game said they LOVED the new system. They said its way faster than the original Terranigma. Although I personaly would not go as far as to say that I would say that you can’t compare the two. Again as mentioned before I’m creating it in my own style.
Quote:
- It would be nice to have a graphical representation of any kind when you get a new item. Doesn't need to be Ark holding it up. A message-box face-graphic is fine too. Just plain text isn't appealing to the eye.

I don't like the whole "hey everyone look at me I found an Item" it’s so shallow. But again each to their own. Some people will like this some will not. I don't like it so I won't change it.

Quote:
Notice that I only list things that apperead negatively to me. I think its more important to being shown the things that are wrong than what already works how it is. Just don't get a wrong feeling about my overall impression of the game.

Thanks for the feedback although I may not agree with all of it, I do like it. The error messages are what concerns me the rest is personal choice as mentioned above.

On another note something that my testers did pick up was that when you climb a rope or a vine you go at the same speed as when you’re walking or running. I agree with this as being wrong and weird. I have since fixed this issue. Now when you climb its ALOT slower. Mind you this is fixed for the final version of the game not the demo.

PS.

Thanks heaps for playing the demo king and providing feedback its greatly appreciated. I also love how you played the game and commented.

Thanks again Very Happy

If you find any othere issues please let me know.

TheKing2

Gems 434

PostTheKing2 Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Also if they send me a C&D you will probably get one too. Poor fans I hope this doesn't happen.

From what I know english fan games get shut down more often than german ones are. But, as I plan on an english translation too, chances are that if, we get both one. Hopefully not, though..
Quote:

Play Terranigma again they have way more spelling/grammer errors then my game. Most games do.

I don't know the english versione except the first chapter, but the german translation is free of any spelling mistakes. I don't know any commercial, good game that has spelling errors, too. Even if there was, its no reason for you to have them too. What hinders you of having a grammatically correct, spelling-mistake-free game?

Quote:

All of a sudden my dad tells me hey come here. Well what do I do? I go to him to see what is up. Why is this shallow ?? I cannot understand your logic? Confused

Simply: Because this is such an every-day-situation, as you said. That doesn't make it better, really. I didn't said it was unrealistic or anything like that. It is so realistic, that its shallow. You are referring to the real world real often to explain or argue about things. But what you, assuming and hopefully, try to create is a fantasy world with an epic storyline. There should be at least a meaningful start in the story, not someone calling you while sitting around minding your own buisness. Terranigma didn't have any great epic start in the story, but at least it was mystifying, hearing about Ark having nightmares over the same thing, introducing elle taking care about him, and mentioning the crystal fog (don't know in english). All this created a certain kind of atmosphere, leaving you wondering "whats going to happen next?".
I do not say your solution is bad. Personally, I do not like it, I have to say all honestly. I'm just saying, and that can be taken for a fact, there is a much better introduction, given your setting. You can tell me your solution is logical, acceptable, and even likeable, but you wouldn't want to convice me that this is the best option for starting a sequel to the most epic game ever made?

Quote:
Laughing is natural. It’s very common in English speaking countries to write this “HAHAHAH”(normally it is for when things are not funny but hilarious). Each to there own. Most of my associates at work or friends write this in messages too.

As with that, it might be common for you to write this with your friends, co-workers etc. Still, you are creating a game that plays in a fantasy world, in the beginning located in a somewhat medival setting. You should't ask whether you/your friends/your family writes/says that (especially not in text messages) but whether the characters in your world would say that.

Well I think I'm going to leave it at this part. Obivously I'm not helping you much by telling you all this things. You can, as you said, make a game just as you wish and think it should be. You might create an ok game, even a good game. But in order to create a game as appealing as Terranigma, with such a high replay value, it takes much more. I'm assuming you're not aiming towards it, which is, thinking about it, even better. Maybe your target audience has a different sense of perception. I'll just wait for the finished game, and in the midtime, I will just post you technical things:

Just some more things I've found:

- The Dash-Key (shift) closes text-boxes. Maybe its just me, but I found myself shutting many textboxes (like the one when you return over the bridge in fron of storkolm again) accidentially because of this. If it doesn't cause much trouble, it should be disabled. I can't imagine anyone wanting to shut textboxes with the dash key on purpose

- After dying and continuing (which worked now) from the last autosave, Ark was still dead. He had 0 HP, was semi-transparent (actually nearly invisible) and his state showed the death-icon. This happens everytime I load the auto-save.
ergz

Gems 622

Postergz Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Half ur comments I'm not even going to answer because I can see there is no point.

This terranigma is more than enough to live up to the reputation of terranigma. I will leave it up to the Fans to decide if it is a good game, awesome game , fantastic game, the best game or a shit game.
The only concern to me is the errors your mentioning. I don't know why they r happening. I have had a couple of people test it with no problems. I'll ask some other people to test it see if they get the same problem. If they don't then I won't fix it cause there is no point. I'll wait and see the results from more people. Perhaps it's a compatibility issue with ur hardware software/ perhaps not. I'll wait for results and post the feedback here. I doubt there is any issue with the scripts because if there was everyone using the xas systen woukd be complaining and crying. Thanks King I'll look into this.

Last edited by ergz on Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:29 am; edited 1 time in total
ergz

Gems 622

Postergz Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dash key/ shift key- yes you are 1000% correct on this problem i picked it uP as well as my testers. They got the shits with it. So did I. Lucky there is only 3 times this happens in the game and they are not rely important. I don't know why they built XAS like this it's stupid. I don't have a solution yet for this. But I really do want to fix this. I think I may have a solution. I'll fix this for final version of the game. Thanks King

TheKing2

Gems 434

PostTheKing2 Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If they don't then I won't fix it cause there is no point

Very, very bad decision. I used to think so, too. But the RPG-Maker does not have any issue with any hardware/software-settings, unless it won't start up at all. Every bug that occours for one single person will occour again. The sooner or the later. Its up to you if you want these bugs to being fixed (even if they may be hard to track down - you don't know how many hours of life I spent fixing such hard to reproduce bugs) or just having them remain in the final version.

By the way, I wanted to coninue, but the autosave-bug continues to appear. In combination with "Game over" and not being able to go back to the town to save I don't really feel like playing any further. You should really have an option to save after you left town (or did I just oversee it?). And this is not a matter of opinion. Not being able to save almost any time (except in fights) in an RPG is the equvialent to giving the player the finger.

Plus, I had a hard time figuring out that you should use the climbing rope where the bridge is. A litte hint would be nice, unless of course it was the omnious textbox I SHIFTed away..^^
ergz

Gems 622

Postergz Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKing2 wrote:

By the way, I wanted to coninue, but the autosave-bug continues to appear. In combination with "Game over" and not being able to go back to the town to save I don't really feel like playing any further. You should really have an option to save after you left town (or did I just oversee it?). And this is not a matter of opinion. Not being able to save almost any time (except in fights) in an RPG is the equvialent to giving the player the finger.

Plus, I had a hard time figuring out that you should use the climbing rope where the bridge is. A litte hint would be nice, unless of course it was the omnious textbox I SHIFTed away..^^

Thats ok if you dont want to ply further I understand that would be a pain. You can finish the demo without saving there is no need only take 20-25min. But up to you.

Also your wrong about the save points example in final fantasy you had to go to a save point to save unless it was the world map. When i was younger it used to give me the shits becuase if I had to do something I had to find a save point 1st unless you are on the world map. My game copies this. So its normal. Most games have save points only. As for the rope the hint is clearly writen in the manual. Under climbing ropes. But what I will do is add an image and an explenation when you pick up the rope in the armoury. Its a good suggestion you made.

I'll try fix as many bugs as possible. Thats all I can do.

By the way number 2 has been removed form the title of my game to remove any confusion between your game and mine.

Cheers

TheKing2

Gems 434

PostTheKing2 Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Most games have save points only.

Sry I didn't state that clear, I don't want to have like an Esc->Save-Feature, my complain was about not having a save-spot you can access at all. Even if its only 25 minutes, what about if say I played 15 minutes and all the sudden I have to turn of the computer or something like a electric blackout happens. Of course you will lose some progress but if you can at least save from time to time, it wouldn't be that bad. My quess is that some players will have to re-play that first part because of something like it.

Quote:
As for the rope the hint is clearly writen in the manual.

95% of the players won't read a non-printed manual. I'm talking out of experience from having to answer the same questions that I already stated in my manual hundreds of time. An image and explanation would do quite fine.

By the way, the demo is 25 minutes, how long will the final game be? Can you even tell by that part?
ergz

Gems 622

Postergz Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:40 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

There are save points. They are the birds. Go up to a bird and it will prompt u to save the game. As for the rope I already said I agreed and I will add a description on how and where to use the rope when u get it. It's a good suggestion.Bas for the length of the game. I don't know as the game is not finished.

TheKing2

Gems 434

PostTheKing2 Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't found any bird so far, quess I didn't play far enough, however I continued to play, so here are some more points for you:

- It could be my german keyboard layout, but the control scheme as in the manual is not working for me. Both Space, Enter, Z does the same one thing: Attack and Talk. This disallows me to use Items, which makes the game way harder (just died at the bandit due to not being able to use a bulb). X does bring up the menue, so does escape, but A does absolutely nothing. S does nothing, too, but I haven't got any magic ring by now. I haven't changed anything in the F1-menu, are you sure you tested/set the controls with un-altered F1-menu?

- Now here is a crash for you that will drive you nuts to fix unless the code that fixed it for me for the XP will work with the VxAce, too: Resetting the rgss-player pressing F12 will cause the game to crash upon leaving Arks house in Crysta (at least thats the only thing I tested) with the error message:

"Script "light.fx" line 263: RGSS error occured: Disposed bitmap"

From what I read there is little to no hope to fix this for the rpg-maker vx ace, unless someone understands how the whole object-space-thingy works. What solved this for xp, I'd give it a try, is this:

Code:
class Reset < Exception
end

module RGSSGraphicsObject
end
[Viewport, Sprite, Plane, Window, Tilemap].each() {|klass|
  klass.send(:include, RGSSGraphicsObject)
}
This goes in the main script above the main-block

Code:
rescue Reset
  Graphics.freeze
  ObjectSpace.each_object(RGSSGraphicsObject) {|v|
    v.dispose if v.respond_to?(:dispose) && (!v.respond_to?(:disposed?) || !v.disposed?)
  }
  GC.start
  retry
end
And this goes below the main-block.

Chances are high that it won't work, so you should look for a script that deactivates F12, if this isn't solvable. More people than you can imagine use F12 (especially those familiar with the maker), and that was one of the most common things reported to me negatively before I fixed it..

So this is where I really have to end things. I would have liked to play through the demo, but not being able to use an item is like playing the game on hardcore-mode. Can you aid my control-problem?
ergz

Gems 622

Postergz Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I didn't found any bird so far, guess I didn't play far enough, however I continued to play

Yes you are correct the save point is at the top of Mt Galdhopiggen.

Quote:
So here are some more points for you:
- It could be my german keyboard layout, but the control scheme as in the manual is not working for me. Both Space, Enter, Z does the same one thing: Attack and Talk. This disallows me to use Items, which makes the game way harder (just died at the bandit due to not being able to use a bulb). X does bring up the menue, so does escape, but A does absolutely nothing. S does nothing, too, but I haven't got any magic ring by now. I haven't changed anything in the F1-menu, are you sure you tested/set the controls with un-altered F1-menu?

I altered the F1 menu; I assumed that it would save these changes in the Demo disc.

It worked for my friend on his PC but he was using an X-BOX controller.

Could you please edit the keys in F1 and tell me if it works?

I will get my friend to test it with his keyboard, but from what you are saying it does indeed sound as if the changes I made to the keyboard layout did not change in the demo. If this is the case EASY FIX!!!!

But you could also be correct it could be your German keyboard, if this is the case I'm very upset because 50% of the people who are waiting for my game are German. I will definitely try to fix this issue!!!!

I'm 1000% sure though that the altered buttons I've made did not carry across to the demo. Again as mentioned before EASY FIX!

Quote:

- Now here is a crash for you that will drive you nuts to fix unless the code that fixed it for me for the XP will work with the VxAce, too: Resetting the rgss-player pressing F12 will cause the game to crash upon leaving Arks house in Crysta (at least thats the only thing I tested) with the error message:
"Script "light.fx" line 263: RGSS error occured: Disposed bitmap" "

From what I read there is little to no hope to fix this for the rpg-maker vx ace, unless someone understands how the whole object-space-thingy works. What solved this for xp, I'd give it a try, is this:

Code:
class Reset < Exception
end

module RGSSGraphicsObject
end
[Viewport, Sprite, Plane, Window, Tilemap].each() {|klass|
klass.send(:include, RGSSGraphicsObject)
}
This goes in the main script above the main-block

Code:
rescue Reset
Graphics.freeze
ObjectSpace.each_object(RGSSGraphicsObject) {|v|
v.dispose if v.respond_to?(:dispose) && (!v.respond_to?(:disposed?) || !v.disposed?)
}
GC.start
retry
end
And this goes below the main-block.

Quote:
Chances are high that it won't work, so you should look for a script that deactivates F12, if this isn't solvable. More people than you can imagine use F12 (especially those familiar with the maker), and that was one of the most common things reported to me negatively before I fixed it..

Ok for the above I didn't even know that the F12 key existed!

In regards to this:

I am very happy that you brought this up. I managed to replicate your error by pressing "F12" and i got the same error. What I also noticed is that if i edit the script that controls this its stops you from being able to press the continue button.

SO! What that means is that if I remove the script all problems will be solved! Or alternativly I could do what you suggested and find a F12 disable option or just tell people not to press that button as even I had no Idea that it existed.

Also I will try the code above. THANKS HEAPS! GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Quote:
So this is where I really have to end things. I would have liked to play through the demo, but not being able to use an item is like playing the game on hardcore-mode. Can you aid my control-problem?
Your 100% correct if I had the problem you have I would not try and finish the game as well!

It is impossible to pass that boss without at least one healing Bulb.

I fix the above issues ASAP and post an updated demo on a different download provider. SO it will be quicker.

Thanks King

ergz

Gems 622

Postergz Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey King I just came across the following:

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/273-in-script-explorer/

I need to do further test but it could be the german keyboard layout as you mentioned. Seems to work differently on VX ace compared to english keyboards.

BUT I just found a script for overriding the standard VX ace keyboard input. SO hopefully this will fix the german keyboard problem. On the new demo i upload it will hopefully work for people with german keyboards. Unfortunatley I don't have a german keyboard so I cannot test this myself.

ANOTHER FIX. I am now able to fix the messages that quickly vanish if your holding the dash key!
Problem was that if you hold dash and a message pops up it will automaticly close. This has now been fixed.

TheKing2

Gems 434

PostTheKing2 Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

the link you posted is talking about the script explorer, I doubt it will be the same for the actual game.

Nevertheless, I'd be glad to test it out in the new demo. Especially since the textbox-problem has been fixed Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Fan Made Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: