TerraEarth Forums

The Crisis: Chapters Six and Seven

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> TerraEarth Fanworks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:24 am   Post subject: The Crisis: Chapters Six and Seven Reply with quote

It's been too long delayed (Two months!) but I have two more chapters available. The last three of this story will be made available as soon as I can, but between work and my regularly hectic schedule, I will attempt to get the others up. I'm aiming for the mid-to-end of this month for at least two chapters, and the last sometime early next month.

But anyway, here they are for everyone to read. Any comments or critiques are more than welcome, either publically or privately.

Six- TE: Superior, The Hall Of Heroes and The Traveler

SBiF-Man had arrived before The Traveler, or at least he had hoped. When he’d entered, he was immediately glad to see Freedan first, the voted in and acting president of the HoH. When SBiF-Man approached him, he seemed ready to make one of his usually witty comments, but had to stop himself.
“You look like someone’s walked over your grave... everything kosher?”
“Well,” SBiF-Man said, stopping himself. He wasn’t entirely sure how he was going to explain what he had to say, so he decided to just spill it. “I was approached by this man who claimed the world was in danger.”
Freedan snickered. “Not like that doesn’t happen everyday. Another crazy?”
“He approached me while I was in my SI... and he knew exactly who I was.”
“So you’ve been had,” Freedan said, “So what of it? There are few of us who care for such trivialities as SI’s, and perhaps its time to give up the ghost.”
“Look Freedan, I don’t expect you to believe him, but at least give him a listen, my friend. He believes we’re in some danger- and I believe that he believes. I would stake my honor on him, even though I just met him. I’m not sure what it is about him, but... if you speak to him, you’ll understand.”
“Okay, so what is it you want me to do?”
“Gather everyone- immediately. He said he’d explain everything to us, because ‘time is of the essence.’”
“Suppose he’s a psychopath, and he intended to kill us all,” Freedan said, crossing his arms across his broad chest. “With a bomb or something.”
“There are a few of us who are vulnerable to such an attack, let alone slow enough to get away... like Chicken.”
Freedan snickered. “If only,” he said, “an you believe he’d had the gall to request a vacation?”
On any other day, SBiF-Man would have laughed at such a joke, but on this day he merely stood there, his face expressionless.
“This guy... he really got to you, didn’t he?” Freedan straightened himself, and then nodded. “I’ll gather everyone available to the Conference Room. I will let this man say what he must, then we shall all be the judge of his word and character.”
“I do thank you, my friend,” SBiF-Man looked behind him at the man, with short black hair, a deeply creased face, and something else SBiF-Man hadn’t noticed before- a white lab coat. He wore a watch that also stuck SBiF-Man as oddly peculiar- he’d never seen one like that before or as large as it was. Or, for that matter, it only had buttons and a readout that was neither time nor date. White lab coat, crazy watch that doesn’t tell time... looks like the perfect mad scientist with a bomb detonator.
The strange man turned and nodded, hurrying over to SBiF-Man.
“I thank you for your prudence- this is a matter of grave importance.”
“I’m putting my honor on the line for you buddy, and we’ve just met,” SBiF-Man said in a commanding voice, “if you are some charlatan, I warn you, you’d better leave now. I do not normally do such a thing for someone whose name I haven’t even gotten.”
“Trust me, neither your ‘honor’ or your faith have been misplaced. All your concerns will be put to rest, however, I’m terribly sorry to say many more concerns shall come in the days ahead.”
Over the loud speaker system, Freedan’s voice resonated through the Hall, his voice both loud and powerful. “Would all available heroes please report to the Conference Room ASAP. We are holding an emergency meeting. Once again, all available heroes please make your way to the Confrence room.“ A voice like a God, SBiF-Man thought, his mind almost no longer his own. We’ve all become powered like the Gods of old, but unlike them, we are vulnerable, even with this bulletproof skin.
“Let us go,” the strange man said, SBiF-Man being snapped out his momentary trance by his voice. “Time is a luxury we no longer have.”
SBiF-Man led the traveler through the Hall of Heroes complex and to the Conference Room, which also doubles as their recreation area, where just a few hours before, Axe had lost a game of War to Chicken, and Chicken made the mistake of requesting vacation. Now the tables they had been sitting in had been set aside along the walls of the room, and all the chairs available had been arranged in two different rows, four long and about five deep, enough to seat roughly forty people. A podium had placed a few feet in front of the chairs, facing toward them.
Freedan stood before the gathering crowd, and just before SBiF-Man was about to take a seat, the strange man grabbed his arm.
“There’s no need to sit, I’d prefer at least one person by my side.”
SBiF-Man stepped back, and then nodded. “You’ll have plenty of people on your side, kicking you out the door, if this is some sort of a ruse. Myself included.”
The man only nodded, and looked over to Freedan. Yhr last of the crowd entered, including both Axe and Chicken, Raini-Woman, Valerie Valens, Muerte, among several others. They all talked amongst themselves- most of it involving the reason for this impromptu meeting. With such gatherings, there was a long period of time to prepare, so there would be maximum turnout. The room was full, irregardless, and several others had to stand as there weren’t enough chairs available.
Freedan cleared his throat into the microphone, quickly silencing the crowd, their full attention now turned to him. “My friends, colleagues, welcome. Unfortunately both Jason Tandro and Aoiga couldn’t be here, as they are both out on a case. But getting to the point... there is a potential threat to our national and world security. I do not know the full details, but SBiF-Mans friend here will explain everything.”
Great, SBiF-Man thought to himself, he’s hung me out alone for this one.
The traveler stepped forward, stood before them all, and cleared his own throat into the microphone, causing reverberation. Several of the heroes with more sensitive hearing gritted their teeth. “My name is Edward Flare, or Professor Flare, if you’d prefer. I came here today for one reason, and that is because your world is in danger, and it is not too late to save it, unlike mine.
“What do you mean, ‘yours,’ Professor Flare?” Chicken asked.
“I’m not from this TerraEarth,” Professor Flare said, “or for that matter, this universe.”

Seven - TE: Superior, HoH, Other Worlds

There were several sighs, some snickering, but mostly there was stunned silence. Freedan looked over to SBiF-Man, shaking his head from side to side.
I knew it, SBiF-Man thought, he’s a crackpot.
“I needed to get that out there, because that is what this is all about. Your world is not the only one in existence; there are many. A whole multi-verse of TerraEarths, if you will. A total of twenty-seven were discovered by me and my people. This world, your home world, is known to as TE: Superior. In this world, heroes are in more commonplace. Unnatural and unique abilities, such as those all of you possess.
“In the world I come from, heroes with such talents never existed- nor were they needed. I came from many of you would refer to as a Utopian society. My world was called TE: Prime, primary since we were the first to discover the passageway between the multi-verse. My father, Gaia bless his departed soul- was one of the chief architects of the original Dimensional Capacitor, and one of the first to travel into another world.
“Our society was the most technologically advanced of all the worlds we’ve traveled to... many of the others were dead, desolate worlds, one burned brightly as a TerraEarth sun. Others still were filled with life, such as your world. Ech world was born from nothings, and no two worlds formed the exact same. Similarities, yes, but life can never develop the same twice, not even identical twins are completely identical.”
Professor Flare removed a small cube from within his coat. Freedan tensed up, but he sat back as the Professor sat it upon the podium, and turned to SBiF-Man.
“If you could, turn out the lights, and please take a seat with everyone else.” SBiF-Man did as he asked, turning out the lights and proceeding to sit next to Freedan.
“If I had know it would be this good,” Freedan said, leaning over to whisper to SBiF-Man, “I would’ve brought some popcorn.”
“Freedan, please-”
“I would’ve probably brought a Hero-Cola, as well-” Freedan stopped talking, as Professor Flare activated the cube. A image began to build out from inside, taking over the room. The walls vanished, as did the ceiling and the floor. The chairs beneath them also disappeared, and it looked as though everyone was sitting on thin air. The podium and cube vanished as well, leaving only the Professor in front of them. He seemed to press something in the air- roughly where the Cube had been, and an image appeared behind him. In what seemed like a great distance, a sun burned with ferocity, and in the foreground, just behind him, was an Earth.
“The world you see here was known as TerraEarth Prime, the world I have come from. As I mentioned earlier, we had made great strides in technology. The device you see here is a common child’s toy, but it serves the purpose just the same. If there is anyone in this room that still doubts my legitimacy, please raise your hand.” The Professor looked over the room, and then over to SBiF-Man and Freedan, and nodded.
“My society was once great and intellectually advanced. I, as many others believed, that we had moved beyond such trivial human behaviors as jealousy, greed, hate, and even war. One thing we hadn’t lost was our insatiable need to strive for greatness. If we had one flaw, it was we wanted to make ourselves better through our technology. Little did anyone know our own curiosity and lack of foresight would be our own downfall.”
The Professor reached out again, touching the now invisible cube, and a new image appeared. It was a youngish looking man, with spiked-up black hair, standing before them, almost realistic but partially opaque. SBiF-Man saw a similarity between this man and Flare, only in their faces; they had both seen a great deal more darkness than most others. More than they should have at their age, anyway. This man’s eyes seemed to show he’d embraced that darkness- Flare had turned his back to it.
Valerie Valens, however, recognized this man immediately- the man from my dream. she thought, and shivered. She stayed in her chair, and tried not to move, not that she could’ve anyway. She was frozen solid from fear- the same she’d felt in that dream. Evil, no, beyond evil. Something even worse...
“This man’s name is Ark Rizan. We wee both schoolmates many years ago, but time has long since passed from those days, and our world moved on. No one knows this better than Ark himself.” As he finished that sentence, the image faded away, much to everyone’s relief. “He took a trip to another world, and upon his return he took a sabbatical, going into seclusion.”
Professor Flare leaned forward, turning one of the invisible switches, and, in front of the image of TE: Prime, a small, twisting black vortex opened, barely visible. “The new image you now see is known commonly as a black hole, worm hole, but to us at TE: Prime, it was known as an inter-dimensional gateway. We open these holes to travel between the various TerraEarths.”
Flare pressed another button on the device, and now the micro-hole began to grow, slowly at first, and then at an exponential rate. The bright sun in the distance was suddenly gone, blotted out by this fissure in reality- and in that opening, another Earth was now visible. It was as though this pathway was a mirror- the image was the same, only there weren’t any continents visible, not even as much as an island.
“The wormhole you now see has been exponentially grown in size, enough to even block the sun out. From the Earth, you can see this happening before your eyes. This of course was sped up for explanation purposes, but the entire process takes only a day’s time.”
There were murmurs now, until finally Freedan spoke out. “What need is there to open a hole that large? Did you not say it was possible to travel between these worlds through a much smaller one?”
“It is,” Flare returned, then added forebodingly, “but this fissure is not for travel, my friends. It’s for ruination.”
(TBC)
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
chicken
manifested spam

Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 7,352

Postchicken Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

there's only one thing i can say: Cool Guy

winner of the following awards:

Biggest Spammer
Most Annoying Poster
the Pie Award Very Happy
Funniest Poster

posting more than one exclamation mark is a sign for mental disturbtion...

yay for jase Very Happy
EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

chicken wrote:
there's only one thing i can say: Cool Guy

i second that Cool Guy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> TerraEarth Fanworks All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: