TerraEarth Forums

IoG Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Illusion of Gaia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freedan
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't follow. Confused

Very Happy

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing

You shouldn't. Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Coz
Level 12: Soul Knight

Resident

Gems 6,017

PostCoz Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:08 pm   Post subject: Re: IoG Bugs Reply with quote

PaGaN3l3m3nts wrote:

1.One of the doors leading to Ishtar's studio (I don't remember if it;s the entrance to the dungeon, or one deeper in) will make the "door open" noise every time you go near it, even though it's already open.

2.When you're fleeing Edward Castle with Kara, it ar one point refers to her as Karen.

3.Not really a bug, but... Have you ever tried going throuhg the game without getting the Melody of the Wind? If you remember which gold tile to stand on in the Incan Ruins, you don't need to bother playing the song, so you can get by without ever learning it. Oddly enough, the programmers seem to have anticiapted this, because when Sam in the Diamond Mines asks to have the Prison Key and Wind Melody to remember you by, he wo't mention the melody if you didn't get it. Hunh.

4.I have fun trying to defy game engines. Like letting Kara lead me to the hotel in Freejia, but rather than going inside to get reunited with Lilly, running off on my own to save Eric. It's fun to skip story scenes!

1.Seems like they didn't used object oriented programing then for the people who know what it is. If they had done, that bug would be everywhere or nowhere. And since it's just one case, it means it isn't generic. And to everybody else that don't care or know what I'm talking about, sorry it's my nature XD

2./me thinks it was done on purpose as a joke.

3.Seems like they tried to make the game not so boring for people who replayed it.

4.I didn't knew you could do that Eek!
Dark Samurai
Level 8: Amarante

Gems 500

PostDark Samurai Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Freedan, the Dark Knight wrote:
Unfortunately, that's true. Too often, they rush to get a game out by a certain time, and the game suffers for it. Or they just don't put much effort in to it to begin with. Or it just wasn't a GOOD IDEA to begin with.

When i get in the industry I won't allow that to happen, you just wait and see Very Happy
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

If I get into that type of industry, I'll kick the people that don't flesh out the characters enough, and slap the people that make the story crappy. Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Miss Prime Blue
Prime Blue

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Resident

Gems 3,213

PostMiss Prime Blue Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:36 am   Post subject: Re: IoG Bugs Reply with quote

Quote:
2.When you're fleeing Edward Castle with Kara, it ar one point refers to her as Karen.

that's because her name in the original japanese version was "karen". They must have forgot to change it when they were translating the script. I have no idea why they changed it since the majority of main characters had english names anyway.

People live on because they forget about unpleasant things.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

English to Japanese stuff tends to get wonky sometimes Confused

Unless it was just a bad dub...like...oh... MEGAMAN BATTLE NETWORK >< *cough* Yes, I hold nothing but disdain for the English version..

Probably just the translators got lazy and/or missed it. "It's ok, keep going. Her name LOOKS right... I see the "Kar" part. Good enough."

Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
Dark Samurai

Gems 500

PostDark Samurai Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah be the time i see "Kar" I'm already mashing the button to go on.
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Kara is the short form of Karen, and everyone just calls her Kara as a nickname.

Like "Will" is short for "William". And "Seth" is short... for "Seth-er...-son"...

You know what I'm getting at.

Dark Samurai

Gems 500

PostDark Samurai Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, that's true. Too often, they rush to get a game out by a certain time, and the game suffers for it. Or they just don't put much effort in to it to begin with. Or it just wasn't a GOOD IDEA to begin with.

I think Secret of Evermore falls into this catagory, even though i think it basic idea was good the story sucked horribly. Full of poor and corny jokes, plot twists easier to see then a red sweater(that glows) in a white room, a story line that tries to be deep but makes you think your drowning in a little stream(Little John Very Happy ).

I would like to see a sequal that... is better than it was in every way. I've been brain storming on a story line for it. I've got the charecters made(in words at least) and a rough storyline and the like. Now I just got to finish it, get my bachelor's degree in Video Game design, and get square-enix to hire me to make games.
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, but it was the American Square that made Secret of Evermore. That's why the Secret of Mana (to others) was one of the best SNES games cause it was made by the Japanese part of Squaresoft that made it.

I've noticed that when the American side of a game comapny decides to make their own games using the well-known name, their games suck (Final Fantasy Mystic Quest and obviously Secret of Evermore). But that's my opinion. Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
Muerte
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought final fantasy tactics was a made by american square? ... that was good Very Happy
Dark Samurai

Gems 500

PostDark Samurai Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that was made by j-square, but true they did try to follow in SoM foot steps by naming it "Secret of" evermore, and the fact that they used the ring menu system, but that's all they used from the game. There still is an a-square right? Do the make games still? Or do they just tranlate?

Gems 1,000
Location: Someone told me Earth, but I don't believe them. c:

PostHydra.7 Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Kara is the short form of Karen, and everyone just calls her Kara as a nickname.

Like "Will" is short for "William". And "Seth" is short... for "Seth-er...-son"...

You know what I'm getting at.

That's a good one. Laughing
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Muerte wrote:
i thought final fantasy tactics was a made by american square? ... that was good Very Happy

Nope. It was done by the Japanese. Hence why the art is Japanese-looking in the anime part.

@Dark Samurai: They are, but they just translate the games now, I don't think they've made any of their own games.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.

Last edited by inferiare on Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Illusion of Gaia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: