TerraEarth Forums

Terranigma 2 - The Continuance (English Demo available!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Fan Made Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

where exactly does the demo go up to at the moment?

i cant read german but decided to see what it was like anyway.
all i can find so far is how to go to sleep and talk to the guy out the front.

when i played through, no text showed up at all in-game, and i couldnt bring up the menu.

the intro movie worked fine

so far its an excellent job, very realistic-looking (well, for terranigma)

looking forward to the completed (and hopefully translated) version Very Happy
Level 5: Sabre Wolf

Gems 434

PostTheKing2 Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

@eFlare:
Wow, thank you very much for the offer, this would be really cool... I would accept a hosting by Terra-Earth immediatley! The hosting I have at this time isn't really good, only 2,5 Mb per File and so on, so it would makes me glad to have a good hoster like you... I really intend to finish it, but I am not sure about the time that it would take... well, Im think it would take a year to two, because the story is very complex, the grafic upgrading is very time-intensiv and I image new parts nearly every day... (not so often, but the story changed a lot since the last month...)

And for the problem with the Demo: Dont know, are you running Windows Vista? If yes, you will automatically get problems with the video... try to press "X" or "Esc" when the game-screen keeps black after starting it...

@EverPhoenix:

Well, the Demo goes up till the first dungeon, exactly to the Boss, who I have finished yet, but who is not able to beat in the Demo... I'm sorry, I had to get some more knowledge about the maker to get it to the end...

Allright, the text thing is something which I described in the Introductions, which you can't read... well, copy the "Lunchds" file to the Windows\Fonts-Folder, this would makes the text appears (I use the orig. Terra-Font, which isn't installed on any OEM-COmputer...)

Well, if you could read german and the text, you would now that you have to go down to the cellar and get the box again, which declares why you can't enter the menu... actually, the menu is not included to the demo anyway, but this will be done SOON (^^).

Thank you for the positiv feedback, and of course, after the long remaining time to the full-version, I will (let) translate it...

So, after the problem with the gallerie is fixed, I will upload the screens to it, mayby some new ones, don't know actually... I'm allowed to, am I?
The Phrase "Games related to TerraEarth " made me think, but I think it should be okay?
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

just another question.. i cant seem to open the box. ive spoken to every npc i can find in the village (shopkeepers, godric, fortune teller), and i dont know the password. perhaps understanding german would help me, but would you be able to tell me what to do to open the box and get to the dungeons?

Gems 434

PostTheKing2 Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, sure... well, the thing is, you get the password to open the box by a longer side quest... won't have no use to tell you how to because i would have to describe you every little detail...

So, I better tell you the password:

Alea iacta est

Enter it without a point at the end. So, some other things you have to know? Well, I don't want to spoiler to much, I only say later on, after you brought the box to the Man an ... went away from crysta: Middle Door, Second Door (from left) and rightest door... behind the middle door there is an "Combat-training"... i'm sorry, the Hit-Calculation (or Collision-Calculation) was a little bit ugly at that demo, you have to hit the enemy very precisios to really hit him... Anyway, I'm working on Demo V.0.2.1 , which includes better Collision, the Box, newer Shopsystem and so on... even the bossfight will be "fightable"...

So, anyway, please continue this demo...
TheKing2

Gems 434

PostTheKing2 Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, sorry for double-posting, but I think you should know that I translated the story:

On the planet Ezitaz (tentative name) there lived a long time humanity in a huge cave, because the atmosphere was filled of poisonous gas and the ground was burned. This cave has offered everything you needed to survive, but the people wanted to discover new and to explore the rest of the planet. So they developed efficient technologies that would help them survive the toxic atmosphere of the planet. But none of these inventions (garments, vehicles...) gave them the ability to leave the cave long because of many demons that lived on the planet and attacked every human who left the cave. Up to one fateful day...
A researcher named Dane reported that he had found a mysterious cosmic energy was that the force holds the planet to life. At first nobody wanted to believe him, but his experiments seemed promising, and after some time he succeeded to create a phase-switched Energy-Collector, which made the Energy useable. So some of the best warriors went together with some scientists on the surface, where the collector should be activated. But he did not have the desired effect. While he cleaned the toxic atmosphere in the place where he stood, the rest remained Planet destroyed.
So Dane calculated that the collector had effect only if it would be installed on certain point. But exactly at that point stood a castle of demons, but after a fierce battle they succeeded, the collector was installed, and the planet has been cured, humanity began to colonize it
But the demons survived from a still unknown reason, and most were in the cave, the man formerly inhabited, included.
Since then the battle was raging between good and evil! This planet was the beginning of all battles between good and evil, because it was something very special (more will not yet reveal).
The main character, Ark again, knows nothing from, as it was woken up by a man from sleep (because he is dreaming that he is a seagull). This man says he is named Godrik and says that he king of a foreign planet (which I just told them), and that on his planet a nuclear bomb (or whatever in any case a GIANT bomb) was dropped. Also, he says that this bomb was built by no one other than Beruga, who was reborn. This bomb had destabilized the collector, the energy came out, and the demons stole it. Now the planet was like before, and he was the only survivor, because at the time was in his spaceship.
First Ark yet considered whether he should help him, but Godrik tells him that Melina also was reborn there. Therefore agrees Ark, and Godrik tells him to get to the Box out of the Cellar again. Then they fly with his spaceship to Ezitaz.
They arrived and Ark equips with a protective suit (for the toxic gas and the nuclear ‘whatever’). He goes itself into the cave in which the demons had brought the energy and kill the guards. Then begiebt he is in the castle, where the collector is, and fills them into it (in both Dungeons are lots of fighting and puzzling).
Later Ark wakes up, and there is some time where you can look around din the Castle, till Melina is kidnapped by a demon named Shadowbreed. After he has experienced, where the demon is, he goes on immediately, in order to save Melina.
From Godrik he receives a notice and so Ark find himself soon before the enchanted castle of the demon and a magically closed door.
There is also a man who lies dying. He brings a few words out before it collapses. But will these words help Ark to free Melina?
Another word for story: The story doesn’t end with Melina’s rescue (maybe^^), there is still time out until the Epic final...
So, something else: The story is told by me like you will have it at first. But I swear you, there are a lot of Plot-Twists in it.

Hope you understand ANYTHING^^

Also, the new homepage is there, http://terraearth.com/terranigma2/
Thanks to TerraEarth and eFlare for the really great hosting!
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

i really like the story idea, although i think you should put some thought into explaining how the demons came about. demons are always cool, but sometimes its a little too cliche to have them just there for the sake of being killed. either that, or some explanation on how the humans ended up in that cave.

not saying you have to, just offering some advice to make the story a bit deeper.

and unfortunately i havent had any time to look further into the demo, with exams around the corner for me i dont get that much spare time. ill definitely play it through after exams finish ^^

Gems 434

PostTheKing2 Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the positiv critic. No problem for not playing the demo, I really now what Test or Examens are.

Hm, I should maybe explain why the demons are here, but I think it is like this way: There where "born" like every creature, mabye not in the same way, but they where there. Explaining that is a little bit like explaining why humans are on earth^^. But thanks for the advise, I will think of what I can do to explain that...

Ah, okay, there is one trouble:
Quote:
how the humans ended up in that cave

They didn't end up in that cave, they where born in it... hopefully you know what I wanted to say? they always lived in that cave, it is like a Glasshouse for plants (not in that way, but... it was the only place on Ezitaz which was not poisioned, and the Creatures, the good ones, where all born in this cave... from Plant to Animal to human...). So, they had never been outside, since they had protection-clothes they would be killed when they only went to the exit of the cave...

@Topic: Right, something more about the story:
I'm planning a longer resurection-process for TN2, like in good old Terranigma, let surprise you...
lucas_kelly11
Level 6: Stone Golum

Level 6: Stone Golum

Gems 3,009

Postlucas_kelly11 Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

chicken wrote:
WTF i really hope this spider has been edited to make it look that huge... please say this is not a living animal O_ô

That's actually small compared to some of the other ones you can find in the wild.

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sweet that you've managed to replicate most of the gameplay elements of Terranigma. Can't wait to see it finished.
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted your website and stuff in the StudiVZ-grp, as promised. If you want hear peoples opinions, just ask me

Gems 434

PostTheKing2 Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
I posted your website and stuff in the StudiVZ-grp, as promised. If you want hear peoples opinions, just ask me

Thanks a lot, I would like to hear the opinions very much... will write you a PM soon^^

Anyway, a thing... as I thought around (is this english?^^) a bit, I realised that the Charakters may have other names in the English version of Terranigma, isn't this so?

Well, to avoid mistakes, I write the translated names, that I surly now from Japanes, down:

Melina = Elle
Fluffy = Yomi
Godrik doesn't appear in Terra 1 anyway...

If this is true, I hope my story has not confused you to much, otherwise... please tell me anyway if this is true or not
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKing2 wrote:
psychokind wrote:

Thanks a lot, I would like to hear the opinions very much... will write you a PM soon^^

Anyway, a thing... as I thought around (is this english?^^) a bit, I realised that the Charakters may have other names in the English version of Terranigma, isn't this so?

Well, to avoid mistakes, I write the translated names, that I surly now from Japanes, down:

Melina = Elle
Fluffy = Yomi
Godrik doesn't appear in Terra 1 anyway...

If this is true, I hope my story has not confused you to much, otherwise... please tell me anyway if this is true or not

It's true:

Roy = Royd
Perel = Perry
Heinz = Keinz

and so on

Gems 434

PostTheKing2 Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

@psychokind:

Okay, thank you, hopefully everyone had figured out that Melina was Elle in my Story^^

Anyway, I've got a new Video on Youtube. It shows the first bossfight in the first dungeon. Can you please tell me if it is good or not? I know some of the mistakes, like lagging and so, but these are things i cannot fix easily...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2DJZMxXnIg
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

that was quite impressive. ive tried using rpg maker before and ive never been able to pull off any real-time combat at all.

really nice work, it looks just like terranigma. just with a slightly different interface

Very Happy

Gems 434

PostTheKing2 Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the positive response Very Happy

What you can hardly see is that it laggs like hell...

Or lets say that the framerate ist 15-25 instead of 35-40. Well, I'm working on that, but a real-time combat that looks like terranigma needs really much Parallel-Events. If you know something about the Rpg-maker, you should know that this means one thing: LAG.

Well, I think I will learn the Speech Ruby, hopefully that would reduce the lags, because when I make RGSS-Code instead of Events, this is much better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Fan Made Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: