TerraEarth Forums

Terranigma 2 - The Continuance (English Demo available!)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Fan Made Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheKing2
Level 5: Sabre Wolf

Gems 434

PostTheKing2 Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:48 pm   Post subject: Terranigma 2 - The Continuance (English Demo available!) Reply with quote

Hi there!

So, I want to present my project "Terranigma 2 - The Continuance".
It won't be a remake or something like this, and it won't be a Continuance^^
to the Soul-Blazer-Series (not really, there are some Resurrect-the-planet-parts, but the Main-"Feature" is the other storyline.).
So, it is the direct Continuation to Terranigma.

I'm working hard for the last one and a half year on it, so i am already able to present some more details of it...

Story:
As my English is really bad (i'm a 16 years old boy from Austria), I excuse myself for the mistakes in the Story..
On the planet Ezitaz (tentative name) there lived a long time humanity in a huge cave, because the atmosphere was filled of poisonous gas and the ground was burned. This cave has offered everything you needed to survive, but the people wanted to discover new and to explore the rest of the planet. So they developed efficient technologies that would help them survive the toxic atmosphere of the planet. But none of these inventions (garments, vehicles…) gave them the ability to leave the cave long because of many demons that lived on the planet and attacked every human who left the cave. Up to one fateful day…
A researcher named Dane reported that he had found a mysterious cosmic energy was that the force holds the planet to life. At first nobody wanted to believe him, but his experiments seemed promising, and after some time he succeeded to create a phase-switched Energy-Collector, which made the Energy useable. So some of the best warriors went together with some scientists on the surface, where the collector should be activated. But he did not have the desired effect. While he cleaned the toxic atmosphere in the place where he stood, the rest remained Planet destroyed.
So Dane calculated that the collector had effect only if it would be installed on certain point. But exactly at that point stood a castle of demons, but after a fierce battle they succeeded, the collector was installed, and the planet has been cured, humanity began to colonize it
But the demons survived from a still unknown reason, and most were in the cave, the man formerly inhabited, included.
Since then the battle was raging between good and evil! This planet was the beginning of all battles between good and evil, because it was something very special (more will not yet reveal).
The main character, Ark again, knows nothing from, as it was woken up by a man from sleep (because he is dreaming that he is a seagull). This man says he is named Godrik and says that he king of a foreign planet (which I just told them), and that on his planet a nuclear bomb (or whatever in any case a GIANT bomb) was dropped. Also, he says that this bomb was built by no one other than Beruga, who was reborn. This bomb had destabilized the collector, the energy came out, and the demons stole it. Now the planet was like before, and he was the only survivor, because at the time was in his spaceship.
First Ark yet considered whether he should help him, but Godrik tells him that Melina also was reborn there. Therefore agrees Ark, and Godrik tells him to get to the Box out of the Cellar again. Then they fly with his spaceship to Ezitaz.
They arrived and Ark equips with a protective suit (for the toxic gas and the nuclear ‘whatever’). He goes itself into the cave in which the demons had brought the energy and kill the guards. Then begiebt he is in the castle, where the collector is, and fills them into it (in both Dungeons are lots of fighting and puzzling).
Later Ark wakes up, and there is some time where you can look around din the Castle, till Melina is kidnapped by a demon named Shadowbreed. After he has experienced, where the demon is, he goes on immediately, in order to save Melina.
From Godrik he receives a notice and so Ark find himself soon before the enchanted castle of the demon and a magically closed door.
There is also a man who lies dying. He brings a few words out before it collapses. But will these words help Ark to free Melina?
Another word for story: The story doesn’t end with Melina’s rescue (maybe^^), there is still time out until the Epic final…
So, something else: The story is told by me like you will have it at first. But I swear you, there are a lot of Plot-Twists in it.

And something last but not least:
My Opinion is, that Ark doesnt die at the End of good old Terra, i take the scene as translatet word for word "He had got a dream" (as said in german, can be different in english, dont know...)
So, in my Game, Ark isnt dead. This is a fixed Part of the Story, so you wont be able to change it with critism...
Well, Ark gets waked up in Crysta from an mysterious man, who pleases him to help him...
Last but not least, and very important: Terranigma 2 - The Continuance will NOT play on the earth... this is fixed for me since I decided to continue Terranigma... well, you will here more in the whole story..
The whole story will be there when i finished the translation...

Features:

1.Better Grafics: Still Original Terra-Grafics, but they are getting edited by myself, see the screens for examples.

2.Better KS: Ähm, dont take that word for word. I still got problems with collision of Hero-Attacks and Enemys, but better KS means i made some changes at the Magic-System, and there will also be some new attacks that can be learned as Side-Quests...

3.Less linearity, more Freedome with your Decisions (like you can decide what of 3 dungeons you want to make first, enemys in the other ones will get a little bit stronger after finishing one of them to keep balance.

4. Day/Night and Weather: Means changing Daytimes and wheater nearly everywhere... where it makes sence of course....

Screens:
KS-Screen:

This is the first screen of the working KS...

Magic1:

Here you can see a Heal-Spell... part of the new Magic-System

Magic2:

There will also be an fireball... got nothing to do with dragonball Very Happy

World-map:

This is a part of the world-map, with Mode07, but the viewing-point is already changed in the Game...

INN:

An Inn in a small city...

Forest at day:

A Forest, there is still the old, no more used HUD

Innerroom from Crysta:

The Kitchen from Crysta, here you may see new Grafic I use...

Crysta:

The village Crysta, pimped up to Very Happy

Crysta at night:

Crysta too, but at night an with a new LM

Icecastle

A Castle full of ice... how will Ark be able to avoid this Ice-Beam(?)

River at night:

A river at night...

River with raining:

Now it is raining on that river, you may also see the water with more directions...

Visit the Homepage http://terraearth.com/terranigma2 for (a lot) more screens...

4.Conclusion:

so, i got some videos on Youtube, as some of you might now...

YouTube - Terranigma 2 - KS-Video
YouTube - Terranigma 2 - The Continuance First dungeon Part 1
YouTube - Terranigma 2 - The Continuance First dungeon Part 2

And I also got a demo, which is in german... I'm sorry, this will be done, but I dont know when...

if you know german, you may play the demo:
http://terrahost.de/tn2/TN2-Setup.exe

So, for further information, please visit my Homepage http://terraearth.com/terranigma2 (German and English)
and my forum
http://xenix.forencity.eu (also german...)

There are some more screens and Infos on the Homepage...

So, hope I dont left out anything..
sry for my english and have fun!

mfg
The King

Last edited by TheKing2 on Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:06 pm; edited 5 times in total
chicken
manifested spam

Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 7,352

Postchicken Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

HA! THE WORLD WILL BELONG TO AUSTRIA! .... ONCE AGAIN! Evil or Very Mad

nah, dont worry, me and blade, we live in the same country as you do so i guess you can count on our help (speaking of translating and stuff) right blade? *kicks blade* ^^

but your screens look pretty, im so excited i just crapped myself XD
... that was... just kidding Shifty

winner of the following awards:

Biggest Spammer
Most Annoying Poster
the Pie Award Very Happy
Funniest Poster

posting more than one exclamation mark is a sign for mental disturbtion...

yay for jase Very Happy
TheKing2

Gems 434

PostTheKing2 Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah! Austria rules!^^

anyway, would be really nice if you (two) could help me with translating and so on... i think I could interest more players if there would be an English Demo...
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKing2 wrote:
Yeah! Austria rules!^^

anyway, would be really nice if you (two) could help me with translating and so on... i think I could interest more players if there would be an English Demo...

I'm watching your work progress since january, and I have to admit it progresses steadily. You could have gotten the help earlier, you just had to answer my email Sad

Gems 434

PostTheKing2 Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

E-Mail? Ähhhm... dont know, get a lot of e-mails... what e-mail adress did you have or what especially do you wrote to me? could be that I had read the e-mail and just forgotten it.. write me a pm pls...
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh nice. Very Happy And hey, if you need help fixing up grammatical errors for an English version, I don't mind helping out! Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Muerte
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Australia is better than Austria, those two extra characters make all the difference. Wink Also we got heaps of convicts here so that's always a plus.

I would offer help for spelling or grammer, but I can't be counted on to stick around.
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent by The Master

Level 9: Sabre Dog

Level 9: Sabre Dog

Gems 5,959

PostNoZKeY Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

LOLspider!!!

°-° That terranigma 2 is really great!! If you finish it and translate it to english i could help you making a spanish translation if you like :D

long life terranigma!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Windows Live Messenger
chicken
manifested spam

Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 7,352

Postchicken Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:

WTF i really hope this spider has been edited to make it look that huge... please say this is not a living animal O_ô

winner of the following awards:

Biggest Spammer
Most Annoying Poster
the Pie Award Very Happy
Funniest Poster

posting more than one exclamation mark is a sign for mental disturbtion...

yay for jase Very Happy
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

chicken wrote:

WTF i really hope this spider has been edited to make it look that huge... please say this is not a living animal O_ô

Oh no, it's real:

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:33 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

man this game looks awesome?
is it a rom hack, or is it standalone?

either way ill definitely play it when its done, and i can help with grammatical correcting also if needed.

Gems 434

PostTheKing2 Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:
man this game looks awesome?
is it a rom hack, or is it standalone?

either way ill definitely play it when its done, and i can help with grammatical correcting also if needed.

No, its no Romhack, it is created with the rpg-maker... I dont think I would be able to make the new Magic-System for example with a romhack I think....
But so it takes a long time, only the management for the ressis is hard... and I still got some little problems with the collision-thing of the KS, but... well, never mind...

@All:
I am really glad so many people would like to help me. I dont know if it makes sence to translate the Demo, but for the Full-Version and the story I can need all help I can get...

@NoZKeY: Yeah, a spanish translation would be good as well... there should be as many people as possible that can play TN 2

@Spider: Omg.... hopefully I will never see such a monster in my whole life... I suffer from arachnophobia, Sad
Muerte
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

chicken wrote:

Mmm, I've had bigger spiders in my room before ... more solid ones too, not very good for me either since spiders freak me the crap out.
eFlare
Level 12: Soul Knight

Administrator

Gems 5,813

PosteFlare Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKing2,

I've tried running the demo but, unfortunately I could not get it to start. This could very well be a problem with my PC. It's a real shame, I would have loved to see what you've created.

Depending on your motivation and perseverance (if you intend to finish the game and in what time frame) we could perhaps offer you some hosting at TerraEarth. You'd no longer be stuck with your current hosting situation. And we can benefit for eachother's traffic. TerraEarth Mainsite gets visited by 200 fans every day and the forum by hover around 50 per day.

If you are interested you can contact me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Fan Made Games All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: