TerraEarth Forums

Terranigma: The Warcraft III Multiplayer Remake

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Fan Made Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:49 am   Post subject: Terranigma: The Warcraft III Multiplayer Remake Reply with quote

For quite some time now ive been working on a Terranigma remake for Warcraft 3.

i think i mentioned this before in the general gaming thread, but now that theres a lot more to it i figured id make a new topic here, where it belongs.

the mapping is all finished, so the core is pretty much 100% playable.

it includes all the main quests (i dont think ive forgotten anything), or at least an abridged version. It is multiplayer, and map size constraints prevented me from making epic dungeons (although some do look pretty cool)

there are several playable characters, only one being from Terranigma (Ark, obviously). The rest are from other games, anime, or a few i just came up with on my own.

In order to make things slightly more interesting, every character has a set they can collect (like in diablo 2) which is fairly powerful. Each boss drops a piece, and there are many random mini-bosses scattered around the map that also drop these pieces.

each character will also have an optional quest they can complete to recieve the rarer pieces of their set. i have not finished making all the sets yet, nor have i made any of these quests yet (exams coming up, so i wont be finishing this til early december). a couple of the character models arent right either, but that is because i insist on using only my own work, and because warcraft 3 doesnt have them as defaults.

There are a few ability books scattered around the map, allowing your character to learn up to 2 extra abilities they would not usually know.

can anyone give me some opinions on this? ill post a few screenshots soon, showing some elements of gameplay, some of the pretty effects on some abilities, and the loading screen. if enough people express interest (ie anyone does) i can post character profiles.

ill make the map available to download soon (after a few more minor balance fixes)

edit: Title Screen Up!

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Giev!! (give!)
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I should hurry myself to get a wc3...
Level 8: Amarante

Gems 3,008

Postgavdaman88 Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

definitely worth it, ive tested this map to death with him and its quite fun, and has many amusing pop culture references within it

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

*bump*

i decided since the side quests i planned for the items will take about as long as the actual map itself to make, ill severely cut them down. Instead, you can go on a wild goose chase for the items.

This map will be available for download within a week, as i wish to start a new mapping project.

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

DOUBLE POST OMG

the map is now finished and available for download here:

if the link expires or doesnt work, tell me and ill re-upload it

Last edited by EverPhoenix on Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blade

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:
DOUBLE POST OMG

the map is now finished and available for download here:

if the link expires or doesnt work, tell me and ill re-upload it

http://rapidshare.com/files/181371937/Terranigma_v1.0_Complete.w3x.html

Gonna check it out right now Smile
Blade

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright! I played it!

It's quite impressive for a one-man show, but I didn't get far...I get stuck in the 1st tower right when I enter, and I can't enter the 5th (it just doesn't let me enter)

I played it alone (first with Ark, then with Link) and it wasn't very difficult, there's no way one could get killed anywhere (except when you attack Cairn when you're level 1 and you have no bulbs with you)

Hexarod & Leather Armor are 100 goldcoins each, while I managed to get ~ 1300 after killing all the enemys.

All in all, a nice game, and if you play the Terranigma Soundtrack at the same time, you get a nice feeling from it. I named a few gliches (too much gold/items not expensive enough, enemys too weak, some bugs) and I'd be happy to play the rest of the map when you get ridd of them Smile

So far, so good!
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Blade wrote:
Alright! I played it!

It's quite impressive for a one-man show, but I didn't get far...I get stuck in the 1st tower right when I enter, and I can't enter the 5th (it just doesn't let me enter)

I played it alone (first with Ark, then with Link) and it wasn't very difficult, there's no way one could get killed anywhere (except when you attack Cairn when you're level 1 and you have no bulbs with you)

Hexarod & Leather Armor are 100 goldcoins each, while I managed to get ~ 1300 after killing all the enemys.

All in all, a nice game, and if you play the Terranigma Soundtrack at the same time, you get a nice feeling from it. I named a few gliches (too much gold/items not expensive enough, enemys too weak, some bugs) and I'd be happy to play the rest of the map when you get ridd of them Smile

So far, so good!

cheers for the feedback, could you name a few more of the bugs you found?

as for enemies and items, you do lose a fair bit of gold when you die. you arent really supposed to die in chapter one. huballs are supposed to die in one or two hits.

im pretty sure there arent any bugs in it that inhibit the game that much. oh and beware the lever puzzle (specific order) in tower 3.

if you get to great lakes (monsters do ramp up a fair bit and i dont know if one player can take them all down) remember the bubbles in the real game that transported you somewhere via the air herb? there isnt a herb in my map, so you can go right there.

edit: i see what you mean for tower 1, i didnt realise the torches had a pathing on them. ill fix that and hopefully that should be the only thing.

edit 2: fixed the thing in tower 1.

Last edited by EverPhoenix on Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
gavdaman88

Gems 3,008

Postgavdaman88 Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

And if all else fails type in whosyourdaddy Very Happy

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

gavdaman88 wrote:
And if all else fails type in whosyourdaddy Very Happy

no there were some doodad pathing issues. apparently smoke smudges are nonpathable :S

Gems 3,008

Postgavdaman88 Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely not Confused

Oh well, Ive still got to test this, might be able to sometime soon.
Hope you didn't pollute the map with doodads Laughing

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

gavdaman88 wrote:
Definitely not Confused

Oh well, Ive still got to test this, might be able to sometime soon.
Hope you didn't pollute the map with doodads Laughing

the castles probably look fairly dodgy (with the pile of junk becoming a good friend lol) but at least they arent plain anymore

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

since gavdaman88 has been trying to test this online with me recently, ive found many more errors in it. as such, until the test is complete from start to finish, ill remove all links from this post.

once thats been done and fixed, ill post what will be the final version 1.00. if i decide to make any fun updates then i will in future versions, but the 1.00 will have the whole storyline and everything i originally intended.

so for now youll have to wait a few more days (sorry ><) before i get a fully playable version up.

Gems 3,008

Postgavdaman88 Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

We really should do a full run of this.... probably tuesday might suit me at night.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Fan Made Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: