TerraEarth Forums

imo what would have been cool

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlphaMan
Level 3: Cadet

Gems 188

PostAlphaMan Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:26 pm   Post subject: imo what would have been cool Reply with quote

I think what would have been really cool as sort of a sequel to the Actraiser/Soul Blazer/IoG/Terranigma games is if like back on the PS1 or N64 they did sort of a fusion of Soul Blazer and Actraiser. (It would be pointless now since obviously Quintet is dead.)

Imagine building a town as the Angel/Master and going down as the Blazer guy and going through your town and to the monster shrines themselves and fighting through a dungeon in an RPG view, hmm...

It would probably be unnecessarily complicated and probably thought of before but I think it would be neat for a little bit. (Especially given how really short Actraiser 1 and 2 are.)

Oh, and if anyone knows a game already like this, feel free to recommend. Basically, Actraiser's platformer levels substituted with full towns and dungeons in Soul Blazer style. Not that they were bad, but I think SB's simple RPG style gameplay would have fit in very well. (And they have similar graphics styles already.)

Just saying.
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you want to play more by that team, a few key members of Quintet broke off when the studio was dropped by Enix, forming a new development team called Shade. They made one game that I'm aware of, which was meant to be a "spiritual-successor" to Terranigma. Granted, the game sucks and has nothing to do with the Soul Blazer trilogy...

It's called Granstream Saga and it's for the PS1.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
AlphaMan

Gems 188

PostAlphaMan Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, I played through that one

I've played/completed all Quintet and Produce games to my knowledge (my two favorite video game companies)

all Granstream Saga had was a mediocre shower scene and dashing left/right. Other than that it was a total failure.

Also, has anyone else noticed that Quintet is never lazy in terms of graphics? Blazer's left/right is not just a simple mirror flip like in games such as ALTTP.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Soul Blazer All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: