TerraEarth Forums

How to take screenshots
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Spam Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gavdaman88
Level 8: Amarante

Gems 3,008

Postgavdaman88 Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

why put patience into paint when an identical if not better result can be obtained twice as fast using more modern programs Very Happy
Also Known as Arashi or Gemini

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Gems 500

PostAzure Phoenix Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

because that way i can iron out any flaws, change my idea as i go along to make it better solely on the judgement of appearance, plus i have more time to improve on the idea, make it bigger, AND i don't finish it early and then have nothing to do (very poor)

you should never rush things, take your time and you may think of a way to make it better at a time when it is less annoying to edit
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

gavdaman88 wrote:
why put patience into paint when an identical if not better result can be obtained twice as fast using more modern programs Very Happy

agree, for taking screenshots paint is a good choice, but in terms of real picture editing paint is, of course, not enough.

Gems 500

PostAzure Phoenix Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

that is up to you, however might i point out that i'm not talking about photos or editing detailed images (depends on the person whether it comes out well or not) i'm only really talking about 2D game imagery mostly, however you can do better stuff if you are good enough to make it look right, for some it might be better to use a different program i understand but saying paint is not enough for real picture editing is inaccurate as what you can do with it depends on the user.
gavdaman88

Gems 3,008

Postgavdaman88 Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well when it comes to sprite editing and pixel art I'd have to agree paint is much more useful at least, so you have a good point there.
Level 12: Soul Knight

Level 12: Soul Knight

Gems 2,000

PostHammerit Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

gavdaman88 wrote:
Well when it comes to sprite editing and pixel art I'd have to agree paint is much more useful at least, so you have a good point there.

Well depends. In the "more modern" programs layers come in quite handy for your 2D pixel art eg. to overlay other animation frames to not mess up positioning, or to backup the parts of the image you're just about to edit.

Game Designer
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

paint can't x-ray Very Happy

Gems 500

PostAzure Phoenix Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:38 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammerit wrote:
Well depends. In the "more modern" programs layers come in quite handy for your 2D pixel art eg. to overlay other animation frames to not mess up positioning, or to backup the parts of the image you're just about to edit.

yeah, i have other ways of backing up certain things, anyone who doesn't might want to sort that out

@psychokind- no it can't x-ray, but it can design and launch nuclear weapons effectively Mr. Green (sarcasm if you hadn't noticed) however if you mean inverting colours then ctrl+I works quite well
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Arashi wrote:

however if you mean inverting colours then ctrl+I works quite well

No, I mean x-ray Smile looking through clothes and such Very Happy

Gems 500

PostAzure Phoenix Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

no, no it doesn't, however if you can find one REAL application that does do that (without you having to editnit by hand) then please, keep it to yourself as i'm not interested Mr. Green
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

adobe photoshop, that is. since I know the possibilities I am very strict with my girlfriends / female buddys in terms of showing pictures online.

Gems 500

PostAzure Phoenix Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

i choose not to comment on that...
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Arashi wrote:
i choose not to comment on that...

welcome to the internet Very Happy there are still so many people, especially women, who are not aware of the possibilities perverts have today if they just get to see some pictures online.

there is a girl in my town that made some naked-pictures of herself for her boyfriend. however, somehow everybody had this pictures a bit later, they were shown around in her school and so on. about a year later some of them were found on sites like "myexgirlfriend.bla" (these "send this link to 20 people"), and she will never be able to get them out of the net in her entire life.

Gems 500

PostAzure Phoenix Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

most people nowadays are ignorant of the possibilities of most things so something like this isn't that unexpected (also because the global population is slowly getting retarded [around 200 ppl in my school and only 6 smart people in it]and so they'll do the first thing they think of that sounds good to them) however when it cmes to the incident described i have no pity for the girl, she made the pictures so it's down to her (if you want me to expand on this then let me know, i was to tired to continue before)
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Arashi wrote:
i have no pity for the girl, she made the pictures so it's down to her (if you want me to expand on this then let me know, i was to tired to continue before)

it's not that easy Laughing I still have pictures of my ex-girlfriends around here somewhere, some taken in the mood and some were birthday-/christmaspresents they made for me. I could put them on the net if I wanted to and the girls would not be at fault.

the example should only show what unbelievable damage can be caused today by simply uploading some images on the net, in earlier times you had to be naked, nowadays you can be fully clothed and someone will x-ray away everything and sell it to "x-rayed-amateurs.com" in the under-aged section Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Spam Central All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: