Postinferiare Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:
nice! this makes me want to draw up my character too

i like the annotations, too

Thanks. 8D Lol the annotations, I'm surprised you can read my handwriting. XD;

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

rainichan wrote:
EverPhoenix wrote:
nice! this makes me want to draw up my character too

i like the annotations, too

Thanks. 8D Lol the annotations, I'm surprised you can read my handwriting. XD;

trust me, if i can read mine i can read almost anything. something which ive proven more than once XD
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I ended up changing the name of this topic since it's not all art anymore with me posting this. Very Happy Not in the drawn picture sense, at least! Anyways. Written to Vienna Teng's "Recessional", I used the lyrics from the song to write this. It probably makes more sense (or not) if you listen to the song while reading it. Very Happy You can download it here.

"It's so beautiful here," she said.
fingers laced through his, eyes ever looking up. he looked to her, admiring her and her nearly childlike amazement at the sky above them.

"This moment now, this moment now..."
it was this moment that he had waited for. the moment was finally here, and every second- no, every nanosecond- was being treasured.

"And I never thought I would find her here; flannel and satin, my four walls transformed."
compared to him, she was so elegant; he had found her here dressed in pajamas; the both of them were. still, it was like they had been dancing in the most expensive clothes, even if they were in actuality wearing a satin set of pajamas and flannel pants with a beater. the music played on in his mind.

"She's looking at me, straight to center, no room at all for any other thoughts."
finally, she looks to him, smiling. "Thank you," she mouths. she smiles, leaving him speechless. she's beautiful, almost painfully so. it's why this hurt so damn much. he couldn't focus thoughts with her looking at him like that.

"And I know I don't want this; no I swear I don't want this. There's a reason I don't want this, but I forgot."
but it wasn't right. he knew it. she did too. her smile went from happy to a little bittersweet, knowing it couldn't last. "You forgot," she said, looking at him almost with a forlorn look. "It can't last."

"In the terminal, she sleeps on my shoulder; hair falling forward, mouth all askew."
slowly, her head rested on his shoulder, nearly falling asleep on him. "I don't want to sleep," she says, opening her eyes just for a moment. "I'll not wake up." still, she stays there.

"And fluorescent announcements beat their wings overhead; 'Passengers missing, we're looking for you.'"
the announcements with the tickertape overhead stirred her briefly, and he merely frowned. that was what he had forgotten, knowing this moment would come. "I don't want to go yet," she murmured against him.

"And she dreams through the noise, her weight against me, face pressed into the courderoy grooves."
it got noisy as people passed them as they shuffled into the terminal, giving them no second glances. he watched, she remained silent.

"Maybe it means nothing, maybe it means nothing; maybe it means nothing, but I'm afraid to move."
they knew this would happen. the conductor came out to them, looking to her. "It's time." was all he said, before leaving as silently as he had come. "I'm afraid to move," she said to him, clinging to his arm.

"And the words, they're everything and nothing; I want to search for her in the offhand remarks--"
"I know," was all he could say, now not looking to her. she said nothing as well, giving him nothing to go by as they stood and walked into the terminal.

"Who are you taking coffee no sugar?"
quietly, he bought her coffee for the train ride. "No sugar, I don't need it." was all she said about it.

"Who are you echoing street signs?"
the silence was killing him. as she walked ahead of him, he stopped, watched her. "Stop. Please." he finally spoke. stop, she did. turning back to him, another bittersweet smile. "All right."

"Who are you, a stranger in the shell of a lover? Dark curtains drawn by the passage of time."
"I'm sorry," he said. "You were right, I forgot. I'm not acting as I should right now." her smile fell. "I know," she whispered. "I forgive you."

"Oh words like rain! How sweet the sound!"
the words spoken around them as they stood in silence was a torrent against them. they strained to hear each other, ever failing to do so. perhaps it was better that way.

last words are painful.

they always will be.

a shallow smile. a shy kiss.

"Well anyways," she says, "I'll see you around."
it was over once she let go of his hand. her hand was ghostly now, compared to his own.

one last smile, as she got on to the train. she was still radiant, despite her being in pajamas.

it was time to return to where he should be. what he wanted to forget. what was inevitable. back to where he should be with her.

but not this time. no coming back for her.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Manibrandr System

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty beautiful, I love how you are never sure of what is exactly happening until towards the end. Very Happy
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Very Happy I was feeling particularly down when I wrote it, and that was how I got most of it out: writing that. I need to write more, really. /lazy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to write this for my English class. I have a picture I did for the final project as well, but it's not scanned in just yet. I'll be doing that soon. The theme of the class is monsters, vampires, and the supernatural, sooo... this is the final product. Very Happy Only thing changed is formatting, since the forums don't like the normal formatting much.

Shadow On the Wall

There were things lurking in the shadows that shouldn’t have been there. Luca knew. She had always known. They were always making themselves known to her, and Luca was sure she was the only one that could see them. It had always been like that; even as a young girl, Luca would see strange things in the shadows around her, and every time she would try to tell her mother, or her friends or family, she would get a compliment of how active her imagination was. It had always frustrated her, and even now it frustrated her, knowing she was the only one seeing the disturbing smiles backed by eyeless gazes, and the reaching hands to bring her into places unseen. It was almost as if they had been chasing her, but there was no way to be certain.

But Luca had lucked out for a majority of her early teen years. There wasn’t any strange shadow people lurking about that she could see, nor were they chasing her. It was a great sigh of relief for her, up until her 21st birthday. The day of her birthday was not a good one. Luca woke up to her mother knocking on her door, asking her to get ready to go out once Luca responded. Her eyes opened lazily, and when they finally focused on the faint midday shadows that were cast on her wall, her eyes shot open. They were there, staring at her, laughing at her, reaching for her-

Luca’s response to it all was to scream and jump from her bed and to tear out of her room and down the stairs like a bat out of hell. Her mother had heard her and was on her way to go check on her daughter when her daughter nearly mowed her over halfway up the stairs. “Luca! Sh- Luca are you all right? What’s wrong with you?” Her mother asked frantically, grabbing her daughter and keeping a hold on her to keep her from going anywhere.

“They’re back, mom,” Luca said breathlessly. “They’re back.”

“Who’s back? Who are you talking about, Luca?” Her mother responded by tightening her grip on Luca’s shoulders and looking her straight in the eye.

“The shadows. The ones that I always saw as a kid-”

“Luca,” Her mother sighed and shook her head. “Shadows are always there, or have you forgotten that? Really Luca, you’re how old now and-”

“No mom you don’t understand! You don’t see them the way I do!” Luca finally broke free of her mother’s grasp and ran down the rest of the stairs and out the front door. Being in her pajamas still hardly bothered her, and once she was outside she sat down on the grass.

“Of course she doesn’t understand,” Luca mumbled to herself, idly picking out blades of grass from the ground. “Mom doesn’t see those things like I do. They don’t go away even if I ignore them and I can still hear them. God, this bites.” Luca continued to mumble to herself, until there was one of those faces staring straight at her on the ground, contorted and twisted by the uneven ground. Luca froze in her movements and looked up to whoever was casting the shadow. It was a girl, roughly the same age as she was. This girl could be her double, if she really wanted to! When Luca’s eyes met this other girl’s, the other girl smiled.

“Hi,” she said with the same smile still there. “Are you Luca?”
Luca blinked in confusion and nodded. “Oh good, I have the right house. You don’t know who I am, do you?” The girl said, tilting her head to the side in curiosity.

“No, I can’t say I do. Who are you?” Luca responded in kind. She was fairly certain she didn’t know this girl, whether it was from school or work. The other girl just smiled again.

“Malise,” she said in an airy tone. “Just call me Malise.”

“Okay Malise, what do you want?” Luca frowned and pulled another blade out of the ground where one of the eyes belonging to the shadow was as hard as she could. When Luca glanced back up to Malise’s face, she saw her frowning just as much as she had been when she looked away before.

“Don’t do that.” Malise snapped.

“Don’t do what?” Luca snapped in return.

“Pull the grass out like that. Especially not there. Can’t you see it? You hurt it.” To illustrate her point, Malise pointed to the shadow, which was writhing about. A lighter outline of a clawed hand was seen over the eye that Luca had pulled a blade of grass from. When Luca looked at what Malise had been pointing at, a smirk came over her lips. “That’s new,” she mumbled and grabbed another blade of grass to pull at that was situated in the other eye.

“No! Don’t do that!” Malise screeched and stomped on Luca’s hand as hard as she could. Luca shouted and pulled her hand back, trying to flex her fingers to make sure nothing was broken.

“What the hell did you do that for?! What the hell is your problem?!” Luca shouted at Malise, who was glaring at her.

“I told you not to do that! Why would you want to do that anyway? They haven’t done anything to you, have they?!” Malise shouted back, stomping her foot as she spoke.

“I don’t care if you told me not to do that, those- those things have been haunting me since I was a kid! How else do you expect me to react when they’re constantly after me? I woke up today being able to see them again after I don’t know how many years of them being gone!” Luca paused and buried her face into her hands. “God I just want them to go away!” Came her muffled voice from behind her fingers. Malise heard the desperation there, and a grin to rival the ones the shadows had appeared.

“Do you want them to leave you alone that badly, Luca?” Luca responded by nodding and sniffling. Oh, was she crying? Malise chuckled at that, and knelt down in front of Luca. “I know how to make it all go away.”

“Y-you do?” Luca sputtered out, moving her hands away from her face in the process, wiping away tears before looking at Malise. Malise nodded, and spoke in a quieter tone.

“Sure do. You just have to listen to me. Can you do that? Because if not, they won’t leave.” Luca nodded her agreement, and before she could retract what she had said, Malise’s face distorted and changed into a face that belonged to the shadows. Luca opened her mouth to scream, but nothing came, and then it went dark as Malise moved toward her…

The next morning, Luca woke up to her mother knocking on her door. When her eyes opened, there was a grin spread out on her face. Luca looked toward the wall, where her shadow was, seeing the terrified face of herself. It looked as if Luca was begging for help, wanting to escape her new prison, but the shadow self was much more powerful.

“See you later, Luca.” She said to her shadow, before getting up out of bed to go downstairs for breakfast with her mother.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

that reminds me of some goosebumps short story i read years ago. but it was a mirror instead of a shadow. also, nice work. and props for resisting the urge to write some twilight hate. i know thats the first thing that popped into my head when you mentioned vampires
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:
that reminds me of some goosebumps short story i read years ago. but it was a mirror instead of a shadow. also, nice work. and props for resisting the urge to write some twilight hate. i know thats the first thing that popped into my head when you mentioned vampires

Pffft, I think a good chunk of my class hates Twilight, so I'm safe. Very Happy But thanks!

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Was going to post this when I scanned it in December, and... promptly forgot.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

She's purty. Very Happy

A self-portrait?

Rest in peace, old avatar.
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

very regal.
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
She's purty. Very Happy

A self-portrait?

Hellll no XD Just a random person to draw who is slightly vampiric. Very Happy

@EP: thanks. Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I need some extra cash, so I think I'll be opening commissions. I'm curious to know if anyone would be interested in that. They wouldn't be super expensive, but it gives me practice and I get to draw stuff for my friends. Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

inferiare wrote:
I need some extra cash, so I think I'll be opening commissions. I'm curious to know if anyone would be interested in that. They wouldn't be super expensive, but it gives me practice and I get to draw stuff for my friends. Very Happy

I know it's a little late in the game... but what kind of thing will you be comissioning, mind the dumb question. Drawings? Writing? Both?
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably both. I still have to figure prices, but probably $5-$10 for stuff.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Showcasing All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: