TerraEarth Forums

10 Underwhelming Games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Azure Phoenix
Also Known as Arashi or Gemini

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Gems 500

PostAzure Phoenix Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

rainichan wrote:
You mean the illegal private servers that people hack? Very Happy No thanks.

and what part of this is really that illegal? i mean sure the game is owned by someone else but no actual money is gained by either person since it's relatively free (however in the actual server you can buy points to spend on stuff to make your character look good whereas in private servers, at least some of them, you can get any of these items for game cash but you need a LOT of game cash, i got the stuff thanks to one quest, one item, aand my friend who helped find a buyer), the one to be remembered about private servers is that they're global so you can actually play with friends in another country which you should be able to do anyway, you can also play the game for a while and not have to fight the same friggin' monsters 1000 times to go to the next place and when it comes to idiots who hack the server (if that is what you meant) they can only hack the account so your PC is pretty safe unless your protection sucks.

if that doesn't change your mind about trying them then it's your choice, i just want to make sure things are clear about them.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
rainichan wrote:
Aion? o.O??

www.aiononline.com

oh and, how's the signature going? Very Happy

It's going. XD I've been messing around with it so far, trying to get something workable (the pen tool in photoshop can go die D: ) but I'm working on it. Very Happy

@Arashi: Most of the time, if exp is balanced out and not stupidly irritating to get, it's probably not a server that is worked on/maintained by the people who have made the game a la Ragnarok and the private servers that players made to screw with the stats in game. Essentially, they're illegal since the game coding has been modified, usually without express permission from the creators.

I'll probably not play Maple Story again anyway, since it wasn't my thing. If I wanted to play a game like that, I'd play Gunbound. Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Azure Phoenix
Also Known as Arashi or Gemini

Gems 500

PostAzure Phoenix Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

rainichan wrote:
I'll probably not play Maple Story again anyway, since it wasn't my thing. If I wanted to play a game like that, I'd play Gunbound. Very Happy

yeah i see what you mean, it gets boring easily...
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of online games, Has anybody played Mabinogi? It looks pretty cool and I downloaded the soundtrack. It's awesome.

Rest in peace, old avatar.
gavdaman88
Level 8: Amarante

Level 8: Amarante

Gems 3,008

Postgavdaman88 Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:40 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone ever asks me about twilight princess they usually get told I wasn't that into the game. It was quite underwhelming, a great game nonetheless, but I was expecting so much more.

I think the recycled plot was what dissapointed me the most.
The Koholint Knight

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

gavdaman88 wrote:
If anyone ever asks me about twilight princess they usually get told I wasn't that into the game. It was quite underwhelming, a great game nonetheless, but I was expecting so much more.

I think the recycled plot was what dissapointed me the most.

Ok, I'll give you that. Twilight Princess did feel very recycled. If anything, I'd call it the "epitome" of Zelda. Something they could get away with this time, but won't be able to do again. Which would explain why they're trying to re-invent the franchise.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Ratty Randnums
Level 7: Raiden

Gems 2,115

PostRatty Randnums Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
- farscape: nothing but looks

Yeah, I'd heard it was quite underwhelming, but then it's a tie-in. Can't really expect much. At least the original cast did the voices though. Also-

Jason Tandro wrote:
Chrono Trigger was one of my favorite RPGs. But yeah, WoW does nothing for me.

You wanna talk underwhelming MMORPGs? FFXI.

Runescape is actually pretty fun for being so poor quality.

Azure Phoenix wrote:
yeah as long as you don't mind the fact that you do pretty much the same thing forever

Well, that and the fact that the word "cucumber" is blocked.
Mantaray
Level 14: Chariot

Resident

Gems 6,635

PostMantaray Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Final Fantasy III for the DS. I've heard such great things about it, but when I finally play it, it's fun at first, but then it just gets kinda choppy. Especially in battle, when the bosses get to hit you three to four times per turn, on your weakest but most useful teammate. Plus, you can't buy anything to bring them back to life, and once you run out of life spells, you're screwed. And the writing is clearly Japanese...

"Before, I mourned that he was gooone! But now I will wait for my looove to retuuurrrrnn."

Are you serious?

And Twilight Princess. Yeah, I got addicted to that game. But it still just felt like an out-of-the-mill midievil game from time to time. The news items were awesome, and the temples and all were incredible, but it seemed like they either tried too hard or not hard enough to make it feel dark and nostalgic at the same time. Plus, the bosses were *fart* TOO EASY ):< The dragon was really the only thing I had a hard time on. It made me HAPPY.

Until my brother spoiled it and told me how to beat it Bomb Jerkface Mad

Sorry for ranting.

And now for a nice cup of tea.
Ratty Randnums

Gems 2,115

PostRatty Randnums Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

sora-mage wrote:
Final Fantasy III for the DS. I've heard such great things about it, but when I finally play it, it's fun at first, but then it just gets kinda choppy. Especially in battle, when the bosses get to hit you three to four times per turn, on your weakest but most useful teammate. Plus, you can't buy anything to bring them back to life, and once you run out of life spells, you're screwed. And the writing is clearly Japanese...

"Before, I mourned that he was gooone! But now I will wait for my looove to retuuurrrrnn."

Are you serious?

Yeah, and just imagine you could have played the fan-translated original rom for free. -And it probably has a better translation! I trust passionate fans more than clock punching translators, particularly on something so well loved.
Also- *checks FF wiki* "these (Phoenix Downs) are not bought in shops but are found in the field and can be sold for 1500 gil. This property is retained in the DS version, where it is found randomly." Now that's old school. Smile
There's a list of places where they can be found here- http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Phoenix_Down hope this helps.

sora-mage wrote:

Ah a fellow tea drinker, what kind(s) do you like?
Mantaray

Resident

Gems 6,635

PostMantaray Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ratty Randnums wrote:
sora-mage wrote:

Are you serious?

Yeah, and just imagine you could have played the fan-translated original rom for free. -And it probably has a better translation! I trust passionate fans more than clock punching translators, particularly on something so well loved.
Also- *checks FF wiki* "these (Phoenix Downs) are not bought in shops but are found in the field and can be sold for 1500 gil. This property is retained in the DS version, where it is found randomly." Now that's old school. Smile
There's a list of places where they can be found here- http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Phoenix_Down hope this helps.

sora-mage wrote:

That actually helps quite a bit Very Happy
And now I know that they really are limited, especially where I am now. In fact, I don't think there are any in the current area I'm in O_o

And as for tea, any kind will do as long as the plant taste isn't overwhelming Very Happy Any kind you like?
Ratty Randnums

Gems 2,115

PostRatty Randnums Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

sora-mage wrote:
Ratty Randnums wrote:
sora-mage wrote:

Are you serious?

sora-mage wrote:

And now I know that they really are limited, especially where I am now. In fact, I don't think there are any in the current area I'm in O_o

And as for tea, any kind will do as long as the plant taste isn't overwhelming Very Happy Any kind you like?

Cool Very Happy always love to help. The wiki has been useful to me several times now in my playing of FFIX in knowing if an item is worth getting. Might be worth a bookmark Smile

Hm, my favorite tea would have to just be regular lipton. Relaxing and smooth with just the right amount of sugar. But I enjoy trying new types, not that big a fan of green tea though. And I wished everything from celestial seasonings tasted half as good as it smells. (Though to be fair I really like their Sleepy Time tea, and the English Breakfast isn't bad)
Before this summer though I only liked it hot, finally developed a taste for ice teas. Ahh some of life's simple pleasures.
Mantaray

Resident

Gems 6,635

PostMantaray Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ratty Randnums wrote:
sora-mage wrote:
Ratty Randnums wrote:
sora-mage wrote:

Are you serious?

sora-mage wrote:

Cool Very Happy always love to help. The wiki has been useful to me several times now in my playing of FFIX in knowing if an item is worth getting. Might be worth a bookmark Smile

Hm, my favorite tea would have to just be regular lipton. Relaxing and smooth with just the right amount of sugar. But I enjoy trying new types, not that big a fan of green tea though. And I wished everything from celestial seasonings tasted half as good as it smells. (Though to be fair I really like their Sleepy Time tea, and the English Breakfast isn't bad)
Before this summer though I only liked it hot, finally developed a taste for ice teas. Ahh some of life's simple pleasures.

last night, just after my last post, i found out there was a revival spring in one of the towns o_o i almost stabbed myself for that one

Lipton is the sweet. Add a little honey and it's even better Very Happy Sometimes I put shrimp in it xD It tastes way better than some might think. But green tea.. will never get used to. In several ways it's like coffee x_x I think I'm gonna like ice tea soon as well. Wouldn't count on it though Very Happy
Ratty Randnums

Gems 2,115

PostRatty Randnums Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:04 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

sora-mage wrote:
last night, just after my last post, i found out there was a revival spring in one of the towns o_o i almost stabbed myself for that one

Lol yeah, like the other day my connection was down so I wound up passing up an item that if you power up the ability it brings can do 9999 damage. And now I can't get back to the selling point. X3
I mean I wasn't planning on using the character that it's for for the rest of the game, when I have a choice anyway (Eiko > Garnet, at least when it comes to white mager-y) And I think they all have their one thing that can be powered up to 9999, but still annoying x3.

sora-mage wrote:
Lipton is the sweet. Add a little honey and it's even better Very Happy Sometimes I put shrimp in it xD It tastes way better than some might think. But green tea.. will never get used to. In several ways it's like coffee x_x I think I'm gonna like ice tea soon as well. Wouldn't count on it though Very Happy

Hm? Shrimp, well that's interesting, whatever works for the drinker I think XD. Good to test and see what works for you Smile
Also: green tea is sort of flavorless and strong at the same time it seems to me, if that makes any sense XD. And yeah it's taken me years to warm up to iced tea X3
I think the problem was that since it was cold I'd be drinking it with a "soda mindset" sort of half-expecting it to taste like a pop when I took a drink. Also the sugar and or limon content needed is different, and it seems most restaurants etc put way too much sugar in it for my personal taste.
EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

sora-mage wrote:

green tea is awesome! well, i like most teas. not a coffee drinker.
honey + lemon is a really nice mix to add to tea (or to plain black tea, anything more interesting i prefer to drink on its own).

and shrimp? thats interesting.. next time i can try it, i might give it a shot.

Resident

Gems 6,635

PostMantaray Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ratty Radnums wrote:

I think the problem was that since it was cold I'd be drinking it with a "soda mindset" sort of half-expecting it to taste like a pop when I took a drink. Also the sugar and or limon content needed is different, and it seems most restaurants etc put way too much sugar in it for my personal taste.

Now that I think about it, I do kinda remember iced tea tasting kinda like flat soda when I was little, but without all the corn syrup. Havn't tried resturaunt tea yet. I always forget and ask for water instead..

EverPhoenix wrote:
green tea is awesome! well, i like most teas. not a coffee drinker.
honey + lemon is a really nice mix to add to tea (or to plain black tea, anything more interesting i prefer to drink on its own).

and shrimp? thats interesting.. next time i can try it, i might give it a shot.

I've only tried shrimp in lipton tea. It thickens and sweetens up by the time I drink it all (its soaks at the bottom) and that is a nice little treat afterword. I'm not sure how well it works with any other kind, but it's fun to expirement. ^^ Shrimp does go with just about anything.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: