TerraEarth Forums

Terranigma Music Covers
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Manibrandr System
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:26 am   Post subject: Terranigma Music Covers Reply with quote

Has anyone come across people doing covers of Terranigma music on Youtube?

Here is what I found just now :

Underworld Music

It's pretty awesome, I must say. Very Happy

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive seen that video before. CalebElijah does one of the Lhasa theme as well.

ive been meaning to do a cover of the main theme and the final boss battle, but my limited knowledge of music theory kinda stumps me in terms of the chords.
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think somebody posted this before, am I right? and again I have to ask, how can he play the drums with his guitar?! Very Happy

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he premade the backing tracks then performed the guitar part live.

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

he uses a program called GuitarPro. its basically a midi editor, he writes his version and plays along to it on guitar.
Sent by The Master

Level 9: Sabre Dog

Gems 5,959

PostNoZKeY Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

CalebElijah is awesome.
I want to learn a terranigma song with my keyboard but i dont know which one to start learning, and i dont have a camera Sad

My choose may be:
Underground
Tittle theme
Dark gaia battle theme
Krista theme

I want to learn all songs later though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Windows Live Messenger
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

NoZKeY wrote:
CalebElijah is awesome.
I want to learn a terranigma song with my keyboard but i dont know which one to start learning, and i dont have a camera Sad

My choose may be:
Underground
Tittle theme
Dark gaia battle theme
Krista theme

learn the Resurrection theme. ("World Control")

its really easy and makes you feel awesome for being able to play it ^^
Also Known as Arashi or Gemini

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Gems 500

PostAzure Phoenix Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

NoZKeY wrote:
CalebElijah is awesome.

My choose may be:
Underground
Tittle theme
Dark gaia battle theme
Krista theme

a warning if you take lessons, be careful of crap teachers, i tried keyboard lessons in school, we spent an hour every day doing NOTHING, the guy just left us to it, i spent most of that time trying to play a few simple tunes from a few games, i think i did pretty well Very Happy
NoZKeY
Sent by The Master

Gems 5,959

PostNoZKeY Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:
learn the Resurrection theme. ("World Control")

its really easy and makes you feel awesome for being able to play it ^^

I forgot that one, its also one of my favorites ^^ I will try to play it then.

Arashi wrote:
a warning if you take lessons, be careful of crap teachers, i tried keyboard lessons in school, we spent an hour every day doing NOTHING, the guy just left us to it, i spent most of that time trying to play a few simple tunes from a few games, i think i did pretty well

I learned by myself, i think its the best way Laughing But i had basic lessons when i was child, my father is a music teacher ><
Btw videogames were my inspiration Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Windows Live Messenger
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

NoZKeY wrote:

I learned by myself, i think its the best way Laughing But i had basic lessons when i was child, my father is a music teacher ><

basic lessons and then self-teaching is the best way i find. i had 3 years of piano lessons, they were quite boring. but now im doing stuff at my own pace, and its awesome.
Level 12: Soul Knight

Level 12: Soul Knight

Gems 2,000

PostHammerit Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:
basic lessons and then self-teaching is the best way i find. i had 3 years of piano lessons, they were quite boring. but now im doing stuff at my own pace, and its awesome.

That's the problem of being tought something. Since the one essential thing needed to actually learn something and to keep at it - a goal - is something a teacher can never provide. And if you even go through the trouble of trying to teach yourself, there gotta be a real good reason or you'll most likely be distracted sooner or later and lose interest.

Game Designer
Azure Phoenix

Gems 500

PostAzure Phoenix Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammerit wrote:
EverPhoenix wrote:

That's the problem of being tought something. Since the one essential thing needed to actually learn something and to keep at it - a goal - is something a teacher can never provide. And if you even go through the trouble of trying to teach yourself, there gotta be a real good reason or you'll most likely be distracted sooner or later and lose interest.

i think i might now just have an example for school being a bad idea Very Happy
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:
NoZKeY wrote:

I assure you self-teaching is NOT the best way Very Happy you just need a very expensive private elite-teacher. as long as you're not an absolute supertalented genius someone exclusive teaching you is the better way, even if you're lazy.

trust me, I experienced that myself. I easily surpassed all my friends who started to play the guitar even before me, let it be self-teaching or cheap group teaching. and I almost never practiced at home, unlike they did.

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
EverPhoenix wrote:
NoZKeY wrote:

I assure you self-teaching is NOT the best way Very Happy you just need a very expensive private elite-teacher. as long as you're not an absolute supertalented genius someone exclusive teaching you is the better way, even if you're lazy.

trust me, I experienced that myself. I easily surpassed all my friends who started to play the guitar even before me, let it be self-teaching or cheap group teaching. and I almost never practiced at home, unlike they did.

although private tuition gets much better results than self-teaching, id still say i prefer self-teaching. once you have the basics, you wont need to worry about paying for the tuition, practising the instrument enough to be prepared for the next lesson, etc etc

although if it is something you really like its easy to be prepared, just keep playing. but its a lot more relaxed if you go at your own pace, and you dont need to worry about whether you've played enough that week.

Gems 500

PostAzure Phoenix Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
EverPhoenix wrote:
NoZKeY wrote:

group teaching depends on the rest of the group, private teaching is good and self teching depends on how commited you are to learning that particular subject

in my experience group teaching is the worst, same goes for my bro, got put in isolation for a week once and when i came out i was like 7 lessons aheda of the rest of my year, so i spent the spare time sitting around doing nothing, i skipped school the next day and when asked why i told them straight, it was a waste of my time because i was ahead of everyone else...

so i could agree with either psychokind or Everphoenix, but because i get bored of people explaining the same thing over and over again, i'll agree with Everphoenix Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Terranigma All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: