TerraEarth Forums

The Who, Why and What The Hell of Advent Children
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:21 pm   Post subject: The Who, Why and What The Hell of Advent Children Reply with quote

Here's the latest buzz on FFVII:

Advent Children pushed back, yet again! It's looking like 2006 here, people! They said because of this, they may be able to bargain for a theatre release, but it wouldn't be the first time the silver screen dissapointed FF Fans (Spirits Within sucked).

Dirge of Cerberus Sequel trailers availiable: Just about any Advent Children site has a small trailer of the sequel. Apparently it focuses more around Vincent than Cloud.

Before Crisis Prequel coming soon... perhaps: The Mobile Phone game that places you as a member of the Turks is supposedly "almost done". But from the way things are looking, "almost done" may mean a lot of things.

If anyone has any other info on FFVII related projects, post here.

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Axe Kazama
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 3,005

PostAxe Kazama Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:04 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

wtf?
fuck it, as long as Tekken 5 comes out on PS2 Cool
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:32 pm   Post subject: Re: The Who, Why and What The Hell of Advent Children Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
Here's the latest buzz on FFVII:

Advent Children pushed back, yet again! It's looking like 2006 here, people! They said because of this, they may be able to bargain for a theatre release, but it wouldn't be the first time the silver screen dissapointed FF Fans (Spirits Within sucked).

Dirge of Cerberus Sequel trailers availiable: Just about any Advent Children site has a small trailer of the sequel. Apparently it focuses more around Vincent than Cloud.

Before Crisis Prequel coming soon... perhaps: The Mobile Phone game that places you as a member of the Turks is supposedly "almost done". But from the way things are looking, "almost done" may mean a lot of things.

If anyone has any other info on FFVII related projects, post here.

Dirge of Cerberus is gonna be a Devil May Cry-esque FFVII spin-off featuring Vincent. Cool

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Muerte

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:12 am   Post subject: Re: The Who, Why and What The Hell of Advent Children Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
but it wouldn't be the first time the silver screen dissapointed FF Fans (Spirits Within sucked).

true ... spirits sucked ... it had a bit of potential in my oppinion but they didn't get it right somehow ... but from what i've seen (trailers) of AC its gonna be a hell of a lot better ... and sides ... without sucky spirits they wouldn't have been able to do this one well ... if it turns out well anyway

and as long as AC comes out on movie or dvd in australia and as axe said tekken 5 comes out on ps2 ... it will be all good
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Angry Angry SPIRITS WITHIN DID NOT SUCK!

I swear to God the only reason people say that is because it [monotone]"doesn't have any Final Fantasy-ish elements in it."[/monotone] The "Final Fantasy-ish elements" being moogles and chocobos.

Chocobos didn't come around until the second NES game. Quoted from the FF Compendium:
FF Compendium wrote:
The Chocobos make their debut here; you can ride one if you find a Chocobo Forest. The Chocobo will return to its forest as soon as you get off.

Moogles didn't exist until 6 (or 3 in the US), and even then, Mog was the only playable Moogle.

Summons didn't appear until the third NES game.
FF Compendium wrote:
There is a new type of magic: Summon magic, which usually can only be gotten by defeating the monster to be summoned. During summons, the party disappears and is replaced by the monster for a quick attack. Magic no longer raises levels; you must use Bolt 2 etc.

Each Final Fantasy has its own seperate world (except for the obvious FFX/FFX-2 game, and the Final Fantasy Tactics/Tactics Advance/FFXII when it's released that is.)

Mr. Green So please. Unless you have a reason that isn't one of these reasons, please, feel free to tell me why TSW sucked.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Muerte

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I just found the storyline dull and predictable to me the characters lacked depth ... but thats just my oppinion not the end of the world if others think differently ... I don't care about the normal Final Fantasy elements, that wasn't the whole point of spirits after all ... however being a true final fantasy fan at the time I still went out and bought the DVD when it came out Very Happy
blueisalive
Previously known as Aoiga

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Resident

Gems 1,121

Postblueisalive Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

rainichan wrote:
Angry Angry SPIRITS WITHIN DID NOT SUCK!
I thought it was sweet.

The characters could have had a bit more depth and the storyline could have been a bit more unpredictable, but I really enjoyed the overall tone the movie had. Smile

Yay! I won something!
Thanx raini for the great sigs!
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry. I dislike it when people bashed it for those reasons. I saw it the day it came out (sadly, I couldn't go to the first showing >< it was the second showing I went to), and I got the special edition movie when it came out.

And I ask this seriously, but what movie isn't predictable in the past few years, and what movie characters actually have depth? We've seen it all before, and movie makers know it. They really can't do anything that we haven't seen before. But that's just my opinion. Razz

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
Muerte

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree completely unfortunately ... thats why not many movies impress me Very Happy ... still ... Hellsing pretty damned impressived in my oppinion ... and from what i've seen so far im enjoying Evangelion ... though i suppose they can't really be counted as movies ... i just hope AC will be a 'great' in my oppinion ... screw what everyone else thinks Very Happy
Ocie Denver
Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 12,559

PostOcie Denver Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

rainichan wrote:

Moogles didn't exist until 6 (or 3 in the US), and even then, Mog was the only playable Moogle.

I thought Moogles were playable in FFT series. (I refer to Montblanc the Moogle and other Moogle units)... Perhaps I'm mistake... Confused

As for worlds.... FFT were created based on children's fantasy by mystery book.
FF Mystic were shootoff game from regular FF RPG system. It used only two characters (one hero and second place were taken by wandering ppl in different events) and short battle systems with limited ammo and weapons. It's completed kiddy game, I could tell from visible monsters in overhead maps.... But I dont dismiss it because it's first FF game I played (yes, final boss was rageously one I ever fought). FFT: Advance was my second FF game I start with.
FF Mystic were take in world which its life supported by element crystals.

Resident

Gems 1,121

Postblueisalive Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Deathpit wrote:
rainichan wrote:

I thought Moogles were playable in FFT series. (I refer to Montblanc the Moogle and other Moogle units)... Perhaps I'm mistake... Confused

As for worlds.... FFT were created based on children's fantasy by mystery book.
FF Mystic were shootoff game from regular FF RPG system. It used only two characters (one hero and second place were taken by wandering ppl in different events) and short battle systems with limited ammo and weapons. It's completed kiddy game, I could tell from visible monsters in overhead maps.... But I dont dismiss it because it's first FF game I played (yes, final boss was rageously one I ever fought). FFT: Advance was my second FF game I start with.
FF Mystic were take in world which its life supported by element crystals.
Hello? FFT came after FF6. Neutral

Yay! I won something!
Ocie Denver
Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 12,559

PostOcie Denver Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh? I dont know that FFT were released after FF6. I knew history of Nintendo games well but not other games like FF ones.

Thanks for clear up the confusion.

Resident

Gems 1,121

Postblueisalive Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Deathpit wrote:
Oh? I dont know that FFT were released after FF6. I knew history of Nintendo games well but not other games like FF ones.

Thanks for clear up the confusion.
Well, FF started out as nintendo's. Back in '89, nintendo was about to go bankrupt. They said 'Let's make one more game'. So they named their "last" game 'Final Fantasy', hoping it might help the company. And boy, did it! It was wildly popular when it came out so they released more and more. Eventually nintendo sold FF to sony. The oddest thing is that the FF franchise is now one of nintendo's main competitors.

Ironic FF was nintendo's final fantasy, but now it is sony's main ongoing series and nintendo's main competition.

Wow, FF might actually be nintendo's 'ultimate undoing'. Tongue out

Yay! I won something!
Muerte

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

FFT was actually after FF7 since you can get Cloud Strife as an unlockable character Very Happy ... but since he starts at level 1 in the final chapter of the game(i think) he's a pain in the arse to raise and you need the materia blade to use his limits (or in this case his base class skills)

and even though nintendo sold to sony, they seem to be starting to split it now anyway ... gba of course has FFTa and Dawn of Souls while cube has Crystal Chronicles ... i think only xbox will be left outta the loop Laughing
blueisalive

Resident

Gems 1,121

Postblueisalive Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Muerte wrote:
and even though nintendo sold to sony, they seem to be starting to split it now anyway ... gba of course has FFTa and Dawn of Souls while cube has Crystal Chronicles ... i think only xbox will be left outta the loop Laughing
True, I have noticed that as well. I wonder how they are able to get it back, it seems like FF has a mind of it's own and makes it's own choices.

Yay! I won something!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: