TerraEarth Forums

The Who, Why and What The Hell of Advent Children
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axe Kazama
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 3,005

PostAxe Kazama Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the voice acting in Kingdom Hearts kicked arse
and if you hate Aerith's voice just because it was done by "Mandy Moore" that's a bit sad Raini, its all about if it fits the character and I thought it was a superb job, would it really matter if Micheal Jackson did a voiceover for a character?
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Axe Kazama wrote:
I thought the voice acting in Kingdom Hearts kicked arse
and if you hate Aerith's voice just because it was done by "Mandy Moore" that's a bit sad Raini, its all about if it fits the character and I thought it was a superb job, would it really matter if Micheal Jackson did a voiceover for a character?

See, I have more of a reason for that: not only do I not like Mandy Moore, I don't think she pulled across the "I'm an innocent flower girl" very well. Though I don't like Lance Bass (and he did SEPHIROTH, and his voice was melted down with synths and all he had really was a couple of Link noises (hah! yah!)), he still did ok as Sephiroth. With Mandy Moore, she just doesn't have the right voice for Aeris imo.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely. Mandy Moore was okay, but it just didn't seem like Aerith to me.
Yuffie and Leon were dead on, Cloud could have been a bit better, but no real complaints from this party. And BTW, Michael Jackson would be perfect for a monster voice... hmmmm. Chimerapervert, perhaps?

Yeah, Sephiroth could have done more. And wasn't the voice of Ansem the guy from Titanic? Not Leo, the bad guy.

Rest in peace, old avatar.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
Absolutely. Mandy Moore was okay, but it just didn't seem like Aerith to me.
Yuffie and Leon were dead on, Cloud could have been a bit better, but no real complaints from this party. And BTW, Michael Jackson would be perfect for a monster voice... hmmmm. Chimerapervert, perhaps?

Yeah, Sephiroth could have done more. And wasn't the voice of Ansem the guy from Titanic? Not Leo, the bad guy.

Yay, someone agrees with me about Aerith. Very Happy I liked most of the actors in that game (Haley Joel Osment as Sora works well. He's such a cute kid, hehe). And yes, Ansem was voiced by Billy Zane. He was Cal Hockley in Titanic. Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Muerte

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought they got the voices fairly well in KH, cept for the stupid pronounciation of Tidus by Wakka near the start.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Muerte wrote:
i thought they got the voices fairly well in KH, cept for the stupid pronounciation of Tidus by Wakka near the start.

What, "Tee-dus"? I myself prefer "Tie-dus" as the pronunciation.... though "Tee-da" would be the correct Japanese, "Tie-dus" sounds better to me. Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
Muerte

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah ... tee-dus ... they decided to pronounce it Tidus(TIE) in english FFX so they should stick with it, besides, Wakka's whole accent was off.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Some new news, from RPGFan.com:

Quote:
Square Enix today revealed some release details regarding the UMD version of its movie Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. Like the DVD version, the UMD release will go on sale in Japan on September 14th, retailing for 4,800 yen ($43.66 US). As a special bonus, the UMD will also contain the so-called High-speed Battle Music Selection, featuring several tracks from the movie's soundtrack, which is also scheduled to be available in September.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
Axe Kazama

Resident

Gems 3,005

PostAxe Kazama Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

OOOOO MUERTE!!
looks like its Ebay for us Evil or Very Mad
unless it comes out Australia I'm booking my first copy Hyper
Muerte

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:33 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

UMD?
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the PSP disk format they use.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
Muerte

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

ah, thought so, just a bit unsure ... i dunno ... id prefer FF AC on full DVD sound with my nice sound Very Happy
Axe Kazama

Resident

Gems 3,005

PostAxe Kazama Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting them on both the PSP and DVD, even if I don't have a PSP or a DVD player Razz
just like how I got FFXI, but not playing it until I get cable
Muerte

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice to have both, that it would. But it seems a bit wasteful for me, it all depends on pricing.
Manibrandr System
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay since AC is long released, i shall repost my review here.

There's two things that I'd like to rant about in this journal. I'll start off with FF7:AC.

Final Fantasy 7 : Advent Children, from what I saw, was one of the most looked forward to movie since ages. Near it's release date, everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, is talking about it and how god-damned great it will be. Some resorted to imports, fansubs, fandubs or even torrenting to get their FF7:AC fix. Everyone was crazy for FF7:AC and everyone LOVED FF7:AC, it was one big mass of drooling fanboys/fangirls beating off to it in an unholy congregation to the "greatness" of Final Fantasy 7.

I...am frankly completely underwhelmed by the whole hype. I could not see how a movie based on a game would generate such a hype. Months passed, years passed, and I still hear the fanboyish screams of orgasms to that damn movie. It was driving me nuts, I HAVE to find out what was so great about the movie, for the sake of my sanity. Only one way to find out...

I was window shopping when i found a VCD of FF7:AC real cheap. Only 44 HKD, so I bought it, went home and popped it in my DVD player. I pressed play and watched it.

After watching it, I still can't see what the hell all the hubbub was about. Sure it was enjoyable and all, but it's definitely NOT one of the better ones and definitely not the best damn thing ever. There's quite a few things in the movie that either doesn't make any sense from someone who never played FF7 before or looks just plain ridiculous. Allow me to outline (Spoilers):

- The beginning, there was a scene with Red XIII and some cubs running in a plain. A helicopter descending into a misty abyss, getting banged up, and then flying off. It just leaves me staring at the screen going WTF?

- In the first battle with Cloud and Kadaj's gang. Cloud took a bullet to the head and survived with nothing more than a scratch. Fans defend this by saying that the bullet was deflected by Cloud's sunglasses, which is even more ridiculous.

- There are multiple instances where building monuments get completely raped by attacks yet does little to no damage to the characters. The most notable instance of this is when Cloud plowed through Bahamut Sin's energy ball attack (Which completely destroyed a piece of Midgard lanscape)like hot knife through butter with no damage at all.

- Rude took a huge fucking piece of metal to his head and was only KO'ed for a couple of seconds.

- Gravity only affects the characters sometimes. Cloud was launched into the sky at Bahamut Sin by his party, who seemed to go from ground level to several storeys high in no time flat.

- Yazoo's gun is nothing more than a glorified BB gun and only does real damage at the end.

- The fight scenes are waaay too fast to be reasonably followed.

...and so on. Ironically, I like the Tifa vs Loz scene the best because it seemed much less over the top than the rest of the scenes and even then, there is a lot of instances where it looks like the landscape is made out of flimsy cardboard.

I argued these points to a fanboy who saw fit to barge in on a conversation and proclaim he had a 5 ft boner from watching AC. I told him that I didn't like most of the fight scenes because they are waaay too over the top. He asked why I should care, then I told him that it is really out of place to ignore physics completely in a movie with the pretense of being the most realistically rendered CGI movie ever. His intelligent rebuttal...."u only care becuz ur a fag"

In short, FF7:AC is overrated.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: