TerraEarth Forums

TerraEarth:Absolute Demo Version 2.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Fan Made Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:19 pm   Post subject: TerraEarth:Absolute Demo Version 2.0 Reply with quote

Download Location: http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/k3ys1y
File Size: 220.79 MB

The new demo shows completely integrated special features and soundtrack options.

To get the full experience, create an Original Character and play through the game.

When you are done that, take the airship and explore all the towns on the world map (except Angel City, Minimaly and Trapiga Islands) The towns on the East and North continent have not had their BGMs taken care of yet, but you can see the town layout.

Also let me take this time to plug Soul Schism Games website: http://www.soulschism.webs.com. This has info on TerraEarth: Absolute as well as all of my other games.

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Manibrandr System
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Riverside.mp3 is broken. I am not able to start the game because of that.

Speaking of which, would you like me to write some music for the game? I'll need a list of BGM to write. Razz
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Really???? That shouldn't prevent you starting the game. As long as you don't select "Original" soundtrack that won't be a problem. I'm gonna double-check that and release Version 2.1 with the bug fixed.

Valerie Valens wrote:

Speaking of which, would you like me to write some music for the game? I'll need a list of BGM to write. Razz

Valerie, you are pretty much going to be the star of the "Integral" soundtrack. Yes, I would love you to write some BGM. As for your list:

Town Themes:
South Cape
Itory Village
North Cape
Freejia
Watermia
Euro
Dao
Tower of Babel
Moderator Castle

Dungeon Themes:
Larai Cliff
Grecliff
Evergreen Forest
Diamond Mine
Mu
Seaside Palace
Underworld Towers
China Wall
Great Pyramid
Mt. Temple.

Also, any other theme you write would be appreciated.

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

So I'm going to do some beta for you right here, right now, since I finally got around to playing the demo. Very Happy

- While unzipping, Riverside.mp3 was broken and couldn't be extracted.
- Music instances don't switch like they should (as an example: playing as an original character, went into the cave, helped out myself to fight the monster, and when I switched to the South Cape map, the music was still the cave music.) I'm using the Soul Blazer music soundtrack, if that helps. It switched back when I left the way I came (through the room with PSPISGREAT and someonegreat) Unless it's supposed to do that?
- Leaving the weapons/armour shops in Itory Village kills the music. Other sound effects play, but those do not.
- The airship music gets a bit wonky and restarts when I land it.
- Not sure if it's intentional, but the city with the rain on the Eastern continent (first big city) has no music. Very Happy

Also, any chance that we can pick out our Original Character game sprites/character face ourselves? Just a thought. Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

rainichan wrote:
So I'm going to do some beta for you right here, right now, since I finally got around to playing the demo. Very Happy

- While unzipping, Riverside.mp3 was broken and couldn't be extracted.

Yeah that's what Valerie said... I'm not sure what happened there. Confused

Quote:

- Music instances don't switch like they should (as an example: playing as an original character, went into the cave, helped out myself to fight the monster, and when I switched to the South Cape map, the music was still the cave music.) I'm using the Soul Blazer music soundtrack, if that helps. It switched back when I left the way I came (through the room with PSPISGREAT and someonegreat) Unless it's supposed to do that?

In the area with the treasure chest (South Cape Map) is still considered the dungeon, so I left it playing.

Quote:

- Leaving the weapons/armour shops in Itory Village kills the music. Other sound effects play, but those do not.

Itory's music scheme was generally messed up. I actually spent most of last night fixing that. Very Happy

Quote:

- The airship music gets a bit wonky and restarts when I land it.

That's gonna be smoothed over in the final version.

Quote:

- Not sure if it's intentional, but the city with the rain on the Eastern continent (first big city) has no music. Very Happy

Nothing on the east and north continent have music yet. That was Freejia, by the way. There was no leaf falling weather, so I switched it to rain.

Quote:

Also, any chance that we can pick out our Original Character game sprites/character face ourselves? Just a thought. Very Happy

I thought about that, but it would really complicated. I may add it in later, but right now I've got bigger fish to fry. I'm hoping the sequel will have a built-in face sprite editor... but that's MUCH later.

psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

yep riverside.mp3 is broken

I copied it from the old terraearth demo and it seems to work.

and whoa, it's music from morrowind at the shore! beautiful...
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:

Not quite... I mean it might be, but it's Flute Sunrise from Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Right franchise though Very Happy

psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
psychokind wrote:

Not quite... I mean it might be, but it's Flute Sunrise from Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Right franchise though Very Happy

whups^^ but it's so similiar to morrowind that I thought it was from its soundtrack.

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so I finally managed to get into the game. (Attempting to load a party sent me into an infinite loop.) I have a couple of suggestions to make:

- The first thing I noticed are the awkward controls. I am used to one button being Confirm/Interact, the second one being Cancel/Run and the third one being the main menu. Is there a way to change that around?

- Secondly, it would be pretty nice if a piece of text flies by telling you the name of the location when you enter it. Same for when you approach a location on the world map.

- Thirdly a world and/or dungeon map that can be called up using a 4th button would be nice. Better yet if a mini translucent sprite of the world map can be overlayed on a corner of the screen telling the player where they are in the world.

EDIT:

- One final minor thing, I request that the battle whoosh sound be changed to the battle whoosh from Star Ocean SNES.
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Valerie Valens wrote:
Okay so I finally managed to get into the game. (Attempting to load a party sent me into an infinite loop.) I have a couple of suggestions to make:

- The first thing I noticed are the awkward controls. I am used to one button being Confirm/Interact, the second one being Cancel/Run and the third one being the main menu. Is there a way to change that around?.

I'm not sure. I can do some script fishing in RPG VX, but I think it's gonna be stuck the way it is. Sorry. Sad

Quote:

- Secondly, it would be pretty nice if a piece of text flies by telling you the name of the location when you enter it. Same for when you approach a location on the world map.

That is going to be in the final version of the game (you'll see it in the beta release). I just want to get all my ducks in a row before I start adding bonus stuff. You'll also see real-time day/night and weather get thrown into the towns. (Yes, that's right. Day/Night and Weather patterns baby. Cool )

Quote:

- Thirdly a world and/or dungeon map that can be called up using a 4th button would be nice. Better yet if a mini translucent sprite of the world map can be overlayed on a corner of the screen telling the player where they are in the world.

Um... I'm gonna try and meet you halfway on that, but since most dungeons are just randomly generated labyrinths (sad to say) there wouldn't be much point in creating an on-screen map display. What I'll probably end up doing is have there be a dungeon map item (ala Zelda) and whenever you look at it you'll see and eagle eye view of the dungeon.

Quote:

- One final minor thing, I request that the battle whoosh sound be changed to the battle whoosh from Star Ocean SNES.

I'm gonna try to find that sound effect, because you're right it's better. I have no clue where to download sound effects though. Confused

Azure Phoenix
Also Known as Arashi or Gemini

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Gems 500

PostAzure Phoenix Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
I'm gonna try to find that sound effect, because you're right it's better. I have no clue where to download sound effects though. Confused

well if you can rip it from a ROM then i could see about sending you the ROM plus translation file, if not then i'll take a look around for it, i got time to spare
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the Star Ocean ROM. I just have no clue about ripping stuff from ROMs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Fan Made Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: